Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


windows 8 - does it offer photo editing ?

  1. #11


    Central IL
    Posts : 3,468
    Linux Mint 17.2


    Gimp is still hands down the best app out there for this type of stuff.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Posts : 216
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center

    Windows 8 Free Photo App


    If you want a great Windows 8 app for photo editing try this:

    The Best Free Photo Editor for Windows 8 - YouTube

    You can also download a desktop version at their website.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Posts : 279
    Windows 8 (plain '8')


    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Hi there. When on the Start Screen type paint. That should bring it up. You'll find it in All Apps too. Right click to pin to Start Screen.

    Please update your specs so to better help you.
    OK- just updated - now i see what was wrong ! yikes ! now showing Win.8 (''plain 8'')
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Posts : 1,720
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Depending on the model of your camera, you may be able to download the software similar to this:

    Attachment 43785

    here:

    Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Harrisonburg, Va.
    Posts : 10,488
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Quote Originally Posted by edythe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Hi there. When on the Start Screen type paint. That should bring it up. You'll find it in All Apps too. Right click to pin to Start Screen.

    Please update your specs so to better help you.
    OK- just updated - now i see what was wrong ! yikes ! now showing Win.8 (''plain 8'')
    Thanks. Enjoy your stay.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    N. Calif
    Posts : 2,584
    W10 Pro (desktop), W10 (laptop), W10 Pro (tablet), W10 (laptop)


    Quote Originally Posted by edythe View Post
    what is a 'metro or 'modern' app? how do i find it? would yu recommend either in place of any other choice, free or not?
    Metro or modern apps are the full screen apps that are mostly invoked from the Start screen and the apps that are installed from the Store. I personally prefer "traditional" Windows programs on a desktop or laptop but the modern apps can be useful on a tablet.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Posts : 279
    Windows 8 (plain '8')


    Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edythe View Post
    what is a 'metro or 'modern' app? how do i find it? would yu recommend either in place of any other choice, free or not?
    Metro or modern apps are the full screen apps that are mostly invoked from the Start screen and the apps that are installed from the Store. I personally prefer "traditional" Windows programs on a desktop or laptop but the modern apps can be useful on a tablet.
    ---------------------
    Win 8 - my 'current' apps are 'originals' that load at bootup.. i was able to make them smaller ''tiles'' but none showed individually full-screen on startup.....i also now have a 'start=up ' app (that wasn't there when i bought the new computer with '8'...maybe 'that' was an upgrade (auto) ??? but how does one get the ''traditional'' windows programs? thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Posts : 279
    Windows 8 (plain '8')


    This is great !!! didn't think to go directly to the Canon site !!!! showing below is what i had from their CD that came with the camera. Thanks soooo much !!!!! edythe

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Depending on the model of your camera, you may be able to download the software similar to this:

    Attachment 43785

    here:

    Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
windows 8 - does it offer photo editing ?
Related Threads
Free Give away download of popular image program http://www.zoner.com/__mailing/2014-06-17-softpedia-special-offer-en/index.htm
I bet some users use there Windows 8 tablet for video editing like for Youtube(Vlogs\Gaming channel, etc) with something like Movie Maker. I am wondering does anyone use there Windows 8 tablet to do video editing? and what video editor do you use on your Windows 8 tablet? I use my 11.6 inch...
I have several webpages that I created in Windows XP using Notepad with simple html coding. When I open one of these files under Documents in Windows XP, it is shown exactly as it appears on the Web. In order to edit the coding, I click on "View" and then "Source" and the html coding appears. ...
ok, I've got music here in wav format, I'm trying to edit the metadata in windows media player, problem is every time my friend tries to download the music, it strips away all the changes. any ideas? I have tried everything, including editing via windows explorer.
I have my photos stored on an unRAID server. I can browse to these files and open the photos in Windows Photo Viewer. However, if I try to open in Win 8 Photos, the app crashes and I get the error message: Windows cannot access \\ path to photos You do not have permission to access \\ path to...
If I don't have a qualifying PC? :cry:
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook