Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Mouse Stuck between Multiple Monitors in Windows 8.1

  1. #1


    England
    Posts : 20
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

    Mouse Stuck between Multiple Monitors in Windows 8.1


    Dear all,

    When moving my cursor between my two monitors, it stops at the border. To get to the other screen I either have to keep moving my mouse towards the border or move the cursor at high speed between the two. The issue occurs no matter where I cross, and does not appear to be related to the metro charms or multitasking.

    My desktop just recently installed the Windows 8.1 Update (Pro 64-bit), and since then I have had this problem off and on. I do not know what causes it to happen. I have two monitors, side by side. A 1050x1680 monitor on the left, with a 1920x1080 monitor on the right. The top edges of these monitors are aligned.

    This phenomenon is incredibly annoying, so any methods of stopping this would be much appreciated. I'd also be interested to know how and why this happens.

    Thanks,

    Daniel
    Last edited by Daniel DC88; 08 May 2014 at 17:53.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 2,627
    win8.1.1 enterprise


    dont know what may have caused it ,i to use 2 monitors,with win8pro updated and it never happened to mine (my mouse is wireless),perhaps try uninstalling and reinstalling mouse drivers ,check device manager for the drivers
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    That happens to me but only at the very top and very bottom corners of my main monitor. My monitors are different sizes. If I move my cursor nearer the middle of the screen its not an issue.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Probably gets stuck at the Charms bar, that happens to me too. With 8.1 update 1, you can set charms bar to react on the bottom corner only.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 2,627
    win8.1.1 enterprise


    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Probably gets stuck at the Charms bar, that happens to me too. With 8.1 update 1, you can set charms bar to react on the bottom corner only.
    That might be it countmike .that's the only time my mouse hesitates when going from screen to screen
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    England
    Posts : 20
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    That happens to me but only at the very top and very bottom corners of my main monitor. My monitors are different sizes. If I move my cursor nearer the middle of the screen its not an issue.
    My issue occurs no matter where I cross monitors from, but the problem is not always present. I don't know what causes it.


    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Probably gets stuck at the Charms bar, that happens to me too. With 8.1 update 1, you can set charms bar to react on the bottom corner only.
    Since this happens going from the left side of my right monitor to the right side of my left monitor, I don't think the charms have anything to do with it as they appear on the right side of the screen. I also have the setting you suggested turned on anyway, even before this problem occurred.


    Thank you for your responses!
    Last edited by Brink; 01 Jun 2014 at 13:29. Reason: removed unneeded comment
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Except Charm bar interfering with cursor switching to other monitor, when I watch TV on secondary monitor in full screen, cursor also hesitates. I think it has to do something with focus shifting because that TV program takes focus automatically and I can change channels with mouse wheel without actually clicking on the program itself first. This staff was happening to me on Wi7, 8, 8.1 and after last updates. Different mice, drivers etc.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 2
    Windows 8.1


    I had this same problem, and after reading this post I tried something. and so far it has fixed it.
    what I did was right clicked on the bottom windows toolbar,
    went to the Navigation tab,
    unchecked "When I point to the upper-right corner, show the charms" check box
    Hit apply, it fixed it,
    after that I repeated the steps to turn it back on, and the problem was still fixed.
    maybe this will help you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Quote Originally Posted by Zarvon View Post
    I had this same problem, and after reading this post I tried something. and so far it has fixed it.
    what I did was right clicked on the bottom windows toolbar,
    went to the Navigation tab,
    unchecked "When I point to the upper-right corner, show the charms" check box
    Hit apply, it fixed it,
    after that I repeated the steps to turn it back on, and the problem was still fixed.
    maybe this will help you.
    See post #4, I did that as soon as I installed update 1 and it helped with cursor on the top part of screen.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 2
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarvon View Post
    I had this same problem, and after reading this post I tried something. and so far it has fixed it.
    what I did was right clicked on the bottom windows toolbar,
    went to the Navigation tab,
    unchecked "When I point to the upper-right corner, show the charms" check box
    Hit apply, it fixed it,
    after that I repeated the steps to turn it back on, and the problem was still fixed.
    maybe this will help you.
    See post #4, I did that as soon as I installed update 1 and it helped with cursor on the top part of screen.
    Seems like a very strange bug to me. as the center of mine is still in good shape, however the top and bottom stick. but I kind of expect that.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Mouse Stuck between Multiple Monitors in Windows 8.1
Related Threads
I have a laptop that has an Intel Core i7 3612QM (built in HD4000 graphics), and also an Nvidia GeForce GT 630M with Optimus, running Windows 8 Pro x64. All latest updates are installed, and both GPUs have the most current drivers. I am running into a horribly annoying problem when I attach a...
Hello guys, sorry if posted in the wrong section. I have a problem in my dual boot machine. I decided to remove Linux mint 17 from my dual boot with windows 8. I used easeus partition manager to delete the partitions associated (root, home and swap). Then I got unallocated space just before my...
windows 8.1 64bit turns on fine when im on web or doing basic stuff within a half hour my mouse locks up or freeze to the point i cant move it or do anything pc stays on it just freezes the mouse only way of fixing is rebooting
Hi there, I'm having a strange and probably pretty rare problem. I tried and have managed to run RCT1 almost flawless in compatibility mode (Windows 98/ME and run as administrator). The one thing that bothers me, is that after playing RCT, every window I click on becomes de-activated, except for...
I have an ASUS mother board and don't use an graphics card. I had two monitors and an HDMI cable plugged in. The short story is that the Intel drivers seem to get lost. Windows installed normally until it went into to the final setup. The program will switch to another screen at this point...
Hi all, I was wondering, is there a way to enable full-screen magnification on one screen and disable it on the other? I'm low visioned and I need full screen (not lens/docked) magnification to work for school. My brother should be able to watch series on the second screen (HDMI) without...
More...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook