Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


This will be Microsofts biggest ever flop, far bigger than Vista.

  1. #711


    Posts : 1,308
    Windows 8 enterprise x64


    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    On Metro it just creates ZILLIONS of tiles which you could scroll leftwards FOREVER.
    it's why I said you should have metro tiles that will open sub menus

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    I just CANNOT understand why people have so much difficulty in realizing
    Or they have limited mind or they just want to find something to argue. I can't believe someone who say Windows 8 is perfect, everything can be improved. What is the purpose to make a customer’s preview, if it’s not for review the comments of peoples and adjust things.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #712


    Hafnarfjörður IS
    Posts : 4,376
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10


    Quote Originally Posted by area 66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    On Metro it just creates ZILLIONS of tiles which you could scroll leftwards FOREVER.
    it's why I said you should have metro tiles that will open sub menus

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    I just CANNOT understand why people have so much difficulty in realizing
    Or they have limited mind or they just want to find something to argue. I can't believe someone who say Windows 8 is perfect, everything can be improved. What is the purpose to make a customer’s preview, if it’s not for review the comments of peoples and adjust things.
    Hi there
    Business users (and others I'm sure) need to ensure even when opening a Metro tile that it doesn't always hog the whole screen -- as my previous post requested .

    Try using IE in "Invasive mode" via the Metro interface -- and then display TWO or more websites on the same screen WITHOUT REVERTING BACK TO THE DESKTOP .
    If you usually surf the internet on a mobile phone then it's no big deal but for others using a desktop / laptop or possibly even a tablet with a decent size screen then displaying multiple documents / web sites etc on the SAME screen is a MUST.

    Nothing to do with "Ludditism". !!

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #713


    I agree the "ALL APPS" page needs some work, I uninstall lots of the crap that is installed when you install programs, just to get rid of their shortcuts. Maybe an auto hide could be the answer, to hide rarely used items?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #714


    Posts : 993
    Windows 8 pro Retail


    Jimbo45 said:
    You must have some way of organizing the tiles in some sort of hierarchial sequence.
    We both see eye to eye here Jimbo, it is counterproductive to have a ton of say program Help Files on your desktop
    EVEN with Windows 3.1, they only had the main icon on the desktop, and you had to go thru file manager to get at the
    sub-programs. This layout to myself is Ludacris! instead of doing the Metro tile in this fashion, they should make it *Example*
    Microsoft Office, and within that tile, have Word, Excel, Access, and etc. tiles, you click it, and get a separate space showing you what is contained there in. Instead of having individual icons scattered all over the desktop like it is currently, a bloody mess with program files scattered all over the place
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #715


    Adelaide
    Posts : 1,338
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Linux Mint 17.1 MATE (64 bit)

    Agreed


    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lonewolf View Post
    Jimbo45 said:
    You must have some way of organizing the tiles in some sort of hierarchial sequence.
    We both see eye to eye here Jimbo, it is counterproductive to have a ton of say program Help Files on your desktop
    EVEN with Windows 3.1, they only had the main icon on the desktop, and you had to go thru file manager to get at the
    sub-programs. This layout to myself is Ludacris! instead of doing the Metro tile in this fashion, they should make it *Example*
    Microsoft Office, and within that tile, have Word, Excel, Access, and etc. tiles, you click it, and get a separate space showing you what is contained there in. Instead of having individual icons scattered all over the desktop like it is currently, a bloody mess with program files scattered all over the place
    Agreed.
    That is the obvious logical solution.

    The question is, will the marketing knuckleheads at MS, who are trying to "ram this thing down our throats", listen and implement it?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #716


    Posts : 239
    Win7 & 8 64bit / Linux Mint 14


    Quote Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
    The question is, will the marketing knuckleheads at MS, who are trying to "ram this thing down our throats", listen and implement it?
    I doubt it. I think they (MS) are on a mission over this and are determined to implement a common look and feel from the phone-tablet-desktop.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #717


    I think the idea is to just use the Start Page, the Start Page you can arrange as you like and only keep the shortcuts that you need. So in other words you really hardly ever need to go into ALL APPS.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #718


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Quote Originally Posted by revocomputers View Post
    I think the idea is to just use the Start Page, the Start Page you can arrange as you like and only keep the shortcuts that you need. So in other words you really hardly ever need to go into ALL APPS.
    +1 yep I don't ever go to the all apps page. Before I venture there, I always stop myself and whack my head on the closest hard surface for punishment for the thought of maybe going there, and then proceed to Explorer or my folder with everything in it on Rocketdock.

    Sooner or later I can leave out the whole punishment part due to it being unnecessary.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #719


    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by revocomputers View Post
    I think the idea is to just use the Start Page, the Start Page you can arrange as you like and only keep the shortcuts that you need. So in other words you really hardly ever need to go into ALL APPS.
    +1 yep I don't ever go to the all apps page. Before I venture there, I always stop myself and whack my head on the closest hard surface for punishment for the thought of maybe going there, and then proceed to Explorer or my folder with everything in it on Rocketdock.

    Sooner or later I can leave out the whole punishment part due to it being unnecessary.
    Isn't it easier to just type in what you want at the start page and then when you found it pin it, if you are likely to need it again?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #720


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Quote Originally Posted by revocomputers View Post
    Isn't it easier to just type in what you want at the start page and then when you found it pin it, if you are likely to need it again?
    I have a fair amount of room left on Start, but definitely not enough for all of my games and apps. I have a ton of apps that I might use once a year or something, some I might use once a month or so and then all of my normal programs (Quick Launch, Rocketdock) and games (folder on desktop).

    The things I would actually go to type for are the ones on Start for me now....like most of the Administrative Tools, Snipping Tool, Windows Update.

    Is your Start menu full or even to the point you need to scroll at all? Just curious heh.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

This will be Microsofts biggest ever flop, far bigger than Vista.
Related Threads
Solved Biggest bug ever maybe? in General Support
Ok so here is the deal I have 2 separate hardrives both 1tb drives.....1 has windows 8.1 other is used for storage... but here is the strangest thing ever. All I did was set my other computer to read the storage drive in home groups and now it shows i have 3 TB drives.. I even put like 600mb in the...
This will be a rant, or some thoughts I have on tablets, Microsoft, Ram and Hard drives, and the direction Microsoft and others are going. I'm a PC user, that doesn't own a smartphone or table either windows or android. I have been looking at windows tablets and android tablets in general to get...
W8 on iPad- the biggest mystery in Drivers & Hardware
Okay, I've researched this online for an hour, and have found old posts from February through April 2012 that iPad will NOT get windows 8 on it... Technically it's possible and impossible at the same time. I'm wondering if there is any NEW info on this, and if it will eventually be possible or...
Read more at source: Top 10 biggest drawbacks of Windows RT | Microsoft - CNET News See also: https://www.eightforums.com/windows-8-news/10376-7-reasons-why-windows-rt-works.html
:cry: This is bad - what are you suppose to do - im so angry - i dont think i will sleep - drivers wont install - dissappear on my laptop via Windows Update. On my pc i just got avermedia hybrid tv driver to install but it took 15 minutes as it loaded at snails pace, after several attempts (about...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook