Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8 Consumer preview countdown started!!!

  1. #1

    Windows 8 Consumer preview countdown started!!!


    less than 24hrs just cant wait so

    Windows 8 Consumer preview countdown started!!!

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Covington, La
    Posts : 1,184
    Windows 7 HP 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64BIT


    Quote Originally Posted by raj1402 View Post
    less than 24hrs just cant wait so

    Windows 8 Consumer preview countdown started!!!
    Here is what I saw at Verge.

    The company will hold an event at Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona on February 29th to launch the Windows 8 Consumer Preview between 3PM and 5PM (CET).
    CET (Central European Time) is UTC +1 Hour which makes the launch about 32-34 hrs from this posting.

    Jim
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3



    Am I int the right place?
    Helsinki
    Posts : 340
    Windows 7 x64 Home Premium / Commodore OS Vision / Windows 8 Release preview


    Yes, when i come back from the scool, i have 1-3 hours time to pack everything up, download it and install it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raj1402 View Post
    less than 24hrs just cant wait so

    Windows 8 Consumer preview countdown started!!!
    Here is what I saw at Verge.

    The company will hold an event at Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona on February 29th to launch the Windows 8 Consumer Preview between 3PM and 5PM (CET).
    CET (Central European Time) is UTC +1 Hour which makes the launch about 32-34 hrs from this posting.

    Jim
    oh then its march 1st IST(indian standard time)!!!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Quote Originally Posted by raj1402 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raj1402 View Post
    less than 24hrs just cant wait so

    Windows 8 Consumer preview countdown started!!!
    Here is what I saw at Verge.

    The company will hold an event at Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona on February 29th to launch the Windows 8 Consumer Preview between 3PM and 5PM (CET).
    CET (Central European Time) is UTC +1 Hour which makes the launch about 32-34 hrs from this posting.

    Jim
    oh then its march 1st IST(indian standard time)!!!
    Roughly between 8PM and 10PM ( Indian Time) on the 29th, I guess.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    cant wait for it...
    anyway, will it allow upgrading from developer preview to consumer preview or we will have to remove DP and install CP?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    About 20 hrs from now...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Quote Originally Posted by abhijitrucks View Post
    cant wait for it...
    anyway, will it allow upgrading from developer preview to consumer preview or we will have to remove DP and install CP?
    I would prefer a clean install just to make sure a fresh start.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Wanaka, New Zealand
    Posts : 74
    Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64


    You will be able to download from here once it is time. Windows 8 CP
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Covington, La
    Posts : 1,184
    Windows 7 HP 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64BIT


    Here is a time converter. Put in the date and time then select Spain - Barcelona then put in your location and it will give you the time. Of course this is basically the announcement and don't know when the servers will go hot for the downloads. And they may get chocked with everybody trying to get a download.

    Time Zone Converter

    Jim
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Windows 8 Consumer preview countdown started!!!
Related Threads
This here is a thread to discuss what you'd like to see in the next phase of Windows 8. To start off, I would love better system personalization options to customize both Desktop and Start Screen. I'd want to see a commanding, consolidated PC Settings panel to change EVERY setting, both metro...
My sound used to work in the consumer preview fine but since I upgraded to the Release Preview I need the volume max and headphones in to hear anything. Any help appreciated. If more info is needed just ask.
Windows 8 Consumer Preview in General Support
I've been reading through some of the comments on here about how confusing and hard it is to navigate through Win dows 8. I understand its different to Windows 7 and even the Developer Preview, but without reading anything I managed to be able to find most things within about half an hour. Within 2...
Hi,can Win8 C.P. be installed without removing Win8 D.P. I guess not, but since until now my Revodrive 3 X2 gave me problems with the Win8 D.P. install, i hate to do a fresh try with the Consumer Preview. I would loose the Win8 is am using now. When starting the setup, hard drive is not...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook