Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

WDP

  1. #1


    bangalore
    Posts : 634
    Windows 8.1 professional x64 + WMC

    WDP


    I have windows 7 on my laptop..So is there any actual need to upgrade to windows 8??Does it have any impressive features other than metro style?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    I wouldnt suggest you an upgrade. Try a dual-boot.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 1,396
    Windows 8 Developer 32 bit


    Not a lot of time left for this version...dual boot or a separate hard drive will be a much better option
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4



    Am I int the right place?
    Helsinki
    Posts : 340
    Windows 7 x64 Home Premium / Commodore OS Vision / Windows 8 Release preview


    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan the SoSo View Post
    Not a lot of time left for this version...dual boot or a separate hard drive will be a much better option
    In my opinion, 3 moths is a nice time. I've installed Win8 in last week, and i'm going to try out the upgrade to beta.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    bangalore
    Posts : 634
    Windows 8.1 professional x64 + WMC


    In my opinion i will wait for beta what do you guys suggest??
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Quote Originally Posted by bagavan View Post
    In my opinion i will wait for beta what do you guys suggest??
    If you have sufficient space in your HDD, create a small partition, say 20 or 30GB, install and get used to it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 1,396
    Windows 8 Developer 32 bit


    Quote Originally Posted by Kynix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan the SoSo View Post
    Not a lot of time left for this version...dual boot or a separate hard drive will be a much better option
    In my opinion, 3 moths is a nice time. I've installed Win8 in last week, and i'm going to try out the upgrade to beta.
    Based on past experience with the Seven betas, they are not upgradeable....Three months is a good amount of time, but I wouldn't install Windows Eight as a upgrade over Seven unless I bought it
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    bangalore
    Posts : 634
    Windows 8.1 professional x64 + WMC


    Quote Originally Posted by brummyfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bagavan View Post
    In my opinion i will wait for beta what do you guys suggest??
    If you have sufficient space in your HDD, create a small partition, say 20 or 30GB, install and get used to it.
    Then, I will do a dual boot of windows 8 beta.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

WDP
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook