Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

windows 8 OEM DVD

  1. #1


    Posts : 2
    windows 8

    windows 8 OEM DVD


    My windows 8 OEM DVD is about 5.7Gb.

    Is there a utility to make a clone of the above DVD?

    I cannot fit it in a 4.7 Gb DVD.

    Any advice?

    Thank you.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 467
    Windows 8 Pro


    You could always make an ISO image of the disk and save it on a drive, then there are several utilities that will mount an ISO as a CD.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 5,592
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1


    My windows 8 OEM DVD is about 5.7Gb.
    There are no Microsoft official windows 8 OEM DVD of that size.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 2,627
    win8.1.1 enterprise


    Quote Originally Posted by Wullail View Post
    You could always make an ISO image of the disk and save it on a drive, then there are several utilities that will mount an ISO as a CD.
    not sure what that would achieve ,but just want to add that win8 will mount a iso, just right click on the iso and choose mount
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    You would use a dual layer DVD to fit that info. That assumes you have a dual layer burner.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Why would you want to clone all that OEM bloatware junk? Just use an MSDN ISO...but if you want a recovery backup maybe a pen/external drive would be a better option..I havn't used DVD's for long time TBH
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    USA, Idaho
    Posts : 1,062
    Win 8, (VM win7, XP, Vista)


    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Why would you want to clone all that OEM bloatware junk? Just use an MSDN ISO...but if you want a recovery backup maybe a pen/external drive would be a better option..I havn't used DVD's for long time TBH
    Best way to go. . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Covington, La
    Posts : 1,184
    Windows 7 HP 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64BIT


    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Why would you want to clone all that OEM bloatware junk? Just use an MSDN ISO...but if you want a recovery backup maybe a pen/external drive would be a better option..I havn't used DVD's for long time TBH
    Best way to go. . .
    DUH! Pay $699 for a MSDN subscription to get a Win 8 ISO. Yea that should help the OP a lot.

    Jim
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    USA, Idaho
    Posts : 1,062
    Win 8, (VM win7, XP, Vista)


    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Why would you want to clone all that OEM bloatware junk? Just use an MSDN ISO...but if you want a recovery backup maybe a pen/external drive would be a better option..I havn't used DVD's for long time TBH
    Best way to go. . .
    DUH! Pay $699 for a MSDN subscription to get a Win 8 ISO. Yea that should help the OP a lot.

    Jim
    Think you misread Superfly's intention. . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 2
    windows 8


    Ok guys thank you all for your prompt reply.
    I guess I will go for the ISO image.
    Best regards,
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
windows 8 OEM DVD
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook