Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Fin out my PC heat via DOS

  1. #1

    Fin out my PC heat via DOS


    HI guys...i'm looking for a command to find out my PC heat via DOS .


    Can someone help me ?


    thank you .

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Are you talking about the temperatures of your hardware inside the pc? If so, then I not sure about DOS, but there are some great 3rd party software that will give you your temps. HWMonitor and speedfan are good ones.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher6522 View Post
    Are you talking about the temperatures of your hardware inside the pc? If so, then I not sure about DOS, but there are some great 3rd party software that will give you your temps. HWMonitor and speedfan are good ones.
    Yes i wanted that...thank you but i want by command line .

    Any help ?

    thank you .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Sloe Deth, Californicatia
    Posts : 3,908
    Windows 8 Pro with Media Center/Windows 7


    Your System Bios should tell you, but you want one while you are in DOS?. I don't know of any that run in Dos, I use AIDA64. They all have some kind of GUI, but I suppose a command line version can just pull up the data. I don't know of any Dos-Only software that can read the sensors, because drivers have to be loaded in order to show the temps.

    I did find this for Linux:

    Linux Read CPU Temperature Sensor Chip Data
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Quote Originally Posted by XweAponX View Post
    Your System Bios should tell you, but you want one while you are in DOS?. I don't know of any that run in Dos, I use AIDA64. They all have some kind of GUI, but I suppose a command line version can just pull up the data. I don't know of any Dos-Only software that can read the sensors, because drivers have to be loaded in order to show the temps.

    I did find this for Linux:

    Linux Read CPU Temperature Sensor Chip Data
    Thank you for your reply...but seemingly there is no a command to do what i'm looking for ( Getting my PC temperatures via DOS-windows). (but i'm still waiting for any an idea about that)

    Also if there is a command line version of any software may be helpful (i will try it ).
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Sloe Deth, Californicatia
    Posts : 3,908
    Windows 8 Pro with Media Center/Windows 7


    I looked around that one day, I'll keep looking. It seems someone should have made a command line for this - And there may be a simple DOS program that does this on the Hiren's Boot CD disk. Have you checked that? I know there are several DOS programs on there that can read the sensors, and pull up System Info.

    Seems like someone running a server could use this too, are you running a server?

    Here is a list of the Dos tools on the disk: There should be something in there, that maybe you can extract out and use it on your desktop.

    Hiren's BootCD 15.2 - All in one Bootable CD » www.hiren.info
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Wynnum Australia
    Posts : 466
    Windows-10-Pro-Build-11099.rs1-x64


    Maybe:

    BenchmarkHQ

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Quote Originally Posted by XweAponX View Post
    I looked around that one day, I'll keep looking. It seems someone should have made a command line for this - And there may be a simple DOS program that does this on the Hiren's Boot CD disk. Have you checked that? I know there are several DOS programs on there that can read the sensors, and pull up System Info.

    Seems like someone running a server could use this too, are you running a server?

    Here is a list of the Dos tools on the disk: There should be something in there, that maybe you can extract out and use it on your desktop.

    Hiren's BootCD 15.2 - All in one Bootable CD » www.hiren.info
    Thank you for your replay...but in fact i'm looking for a command via command line (like ipconfig for networks info ).
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Quote Originally Posted by TONSCHUH View Post
    Maybe:

    BenchmarkHQ


    I'm going to try it...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Sloe Deth, Californicatia
    Posts : 3,908
    Windows 8 Pro with Media Center/Windows 7


    Oh! It's Dr Hardware - I used to use this... Yah, well it is ASCII graphics, but should work for command line... Nope! It needs Full Screen mode, and Windows 8 does not allow it. Well I am sure there are others that will work in windowed mode.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Fin out my PC heat via DOS
Related Threads
Vicious Heat Problem with NV52L15u in Performance & Maintenance
Hello all. I have a Gateway NV52L15u laptop with AMD Quad-Core Processor A8-4500M. I mainly use it for PC gaming, and have had major problems with overheating on even the lowest graphical settings. Running even basic games like Borderlands 2 blows boiling hot air out the vent on my PC before it...
A few days ago, a strange bug occurred on my laptop; my fan started working at 100% output. Even when the temperature was 30c. Now, that is not the problem, rather it was something I wished my computer could do. After restarting my computer, the problem was fixed (I always put my laptop to...
I noticed that when i manually set my memory to 2133 mhz (as instructed by gskill, since my memory is 2133 but if i don't change it there it will be 1600), my cpu temps go like 5-8 ºC higher. Is this normal? Is there a correlation between ram performance and cpu heat?
Heat in Drivers & Hardware
Inspiron N5010 Win 8.1 Pro I was downloading some Linux distros and now the laptop seems running hotter. I don't think it is related but I wanted to supply all I could think of. I read it was suggested to run w/o the battery which we have on order as this one is n/g. I also blew it all...
hi i need to know where windows live mail in windows 8 stores its mail so i can access the old hard drive and get the mail from it if anyone can help id greatly appreciate it thanks forum
Find out more.. Mobile space to heat up, Windows 8 may benefit from BYOD | ZDNet
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook