Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Will 90 percent of users always hate Windows 8?

  1. #41


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    "I've always wanted to run my new operating system like my old one!"

    -Said rarely anyone ever.
    But that's not what I said.
    Nobody understands you Ray.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #42


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    "I've always wanted to run my new operating system like my old one!"

    -Said rarely anyone ever.
    But that's not what I said.
    I didn't say that because what you said. If you notice, I'm making random statements about falsehoods.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #43


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    "I've always wanted to run my new operating system like my old one!"

    -Said rarely anyone ever.
    But that's not what I said.
    I didn't say that because what you said. If you notice, I'm making random statements about falsehoods.
    Why make random statements that in no way enhance a discussion? That's akin to just talking to yourself.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #44


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    Nobody understands you Ray.
    I don't consider you to be a nobody, just a confused individual.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #45


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post

    But that's not what I said.
    I didn't say that because what you said. If you notice, I'm making random statements about falsehoods.
    Why make random statements that in no way enhance a discussion? That's akin to just talking to yourself.
    If you read them, there is a common thread there. But there are like two of these posts around here so it's scattered about...

    "No, because 90 percent of users don't hate Office 2007, 2010, or 2013.

    Some people are too superficial in determining their analysis of Windows 8."

    "I really hate the Ribbon UI of 2013. -Said no one ever."

    "I've always wanted drop down menus in Office and Windows. -Said literally, no one ever."

    "I really want to learn a new operating system. -Said no one ever."
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #46


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    [If you read them, there is a common thread there.
    Meaningful discussion requires statements to have context and continuity. Random posts with no context or continuity, which leaves the reader guessing the meaning, intent and target audience, does not add to or enhance meaningful discussion.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #47


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    [If you read them, there is a common thread there.
    Meaningful discussion requires statements to have context and continuity. Random posts with no context or continuity, which leaves the reader guessing the meaning, intent and target audience, does not add to or enhance meaningful discussion.
    Geez, I can't like Windows 8, I can't suggest people to give Windows 8 a chance, I can't even express my opinions and the way I want to express; it's like every menial, trivial detail has to be extrapolated and BLOWN out of proportion in order to make a trivial point.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #48


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post
    Nobody understands you Ray.
    I don't consider you to be a nobody, just a confused individual.
    If I was confused I wouldn't be able to use Windows 8.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #49


    Posts : 1,770
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    [If you read them, there is a common thread there.
    Meaningful discussion requires statements to have context and continuity. Random posts with no context or continuity, which leaves the reader guessing the meaning, intent and target audience, does not add to or enhance meaningful discussion.
    Geez, I can't like Windows 8, I can't suggest people to give Windows 8 a chance, I can't even express my opinions and the way I want to express; it's like every menial, trivial detail has to be extrapolated and BLOWN out of proportion in order to make a trivial point.
    It seems like you take comprehension lessons from Bill, or is it the other way around? In regard to this discussion, you were making random statements (which you admitted) that held no obvious context or continuity as far as the reader and the thread was concerned. You didn't make any personal statements or state any opinions, so how can what I said be read to suggest that I'm trying to suppress your ability to express opinions?

    I think I understand why it's so difficult for some to comprehend why there are others who are dissatisfied with some aspects of Windows 8; if one cannot express themselves clearly, then they obviously cannot comprehend what others are expressing. It becomes a melange of words and ideas that contain no clarity or logic whatsoever.

    It's a bit like Windows 8 trying to be a phone OS and a Desktop OS at the same time, but getting neither right.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #50


    Posts : 738
    1st W10 Professional x64/W7 Ultimate x64 - 2nd Remote system: W10 Insider Builds/W7 Professional


    Keep it friendly and on topic people! Whether you like or dislike 8 there will be many with mixed opinions about the changes 8 is bringing in with it! While I don't prefer Start8 after one look at that preferring Start Menu 7 or even better Classic Shell StarDock just came out with something else that makes a bit more sense for 8! Start8 and ModernMix -- Windows 8's last, best hope for normality on the desktop | ZDNet
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Will 90 percent of users always hate Windows 8?
Related Threads
99 Percent of Users Still Choose Windows 7, Toshiba Reveals
I got nervous after 3 failed attempts to install the new preview, so I pulled all my Intel C600 HD controller drivers and let Windows install native drivers (read it on another forum). Guess what? It did not do squat. Hate it! So now I'm thinking what if I have a hardware issue? I need to be...
Users tell Microsoft: We hate Windows 8 touchscreen PCs | Computerworld Blogs
Windows tablets tank, account for only 1 percent of Web tablet traffic | Computerworld Blogs
Windows Now Running on More than 91 Percent of Computers Worldwide
Microsoft: 80 Percent of Windows 8 Users Will Have Touchscreens I don't think so.
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook