Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Image Thumbnails no longer visible ?

  1. #11


    It opens with Photo, there are no thumbnails

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Posts : 22,582
    64-bit Windows 10


    How about with Windows Photo Viewer?

    Could you ZIP and upload one of these images to see if it may be something with it?

    Do you have the same issue with the images included with Windows 8 say at the location below?

    C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows

    For now, run a sfc /scannow command to see if it may help if there's an issue with a corrupted system file.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    How about with Windows Photo Viewer?

    Could you ZIP and upload one of these images to see if it may be something with it?

    Do you have the same issue with the images included with Windows 8 say at the location below?

    C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows

    For now, run a sfc /scannow command to see if it may help if there's an issue with a corrupted system file.
    I have the same issue with the images included with Windows8 at the location you specified. There were no integrity violations with the "scannow" switch command. Download this file, on my computer (desktop) the image (nice happy cow) is represented by a white icon, what is it on your computer, a thumbnail ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Posts : 22,582
    64-bit Windows 10


    Yep, it works fine for me on my system.

    Last test is to create another administrator account and see how it works while signed in to it.

    If it still doesn't work, then it looks like you may need to refresh Windows 8.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Harrisonburg, Va.
    Posts : 10,488
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center


    Click image for larger versionMaybe rebuild Icon Cache ?

    Icon Cache - Rebuild - Windows 7 Forums

    I just tried it & it didn't mess anything up.
    Last edited by Brink; 06 Jan 2013 at 10:15. Reason: updated link
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Quote Originally Posted by medab1 View Post
    Click image for larger versionMaybe rebuild Icon Cache ?

    Icon Cache - Rebuild - Windows 7 Forums

    I just tried it & it didn't mess anything up.
    That option didn't work either.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Yep, it works fine for me on my system.

    Last test is to create another administrator account and see how it works while signed in to it.

    If it still doesn't work, then it looks like you may need to refresh Windows 8.
    I can see the thumbnails of my icons under one of my 'Administrator' accounts, not the default 'Admin' rather another Administrator account, I created. I continue not to be able to see the thumbnails under my standard account. I hope that is of any help ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Posts : 22,582
    64-bit Windows 10


    How about with a new standard account?

    If so, then you could just copy what you want (shortcuts, files, etc....) from the old account to the new one, and use it instead.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    How about with a new standard account?

    If so, then you could just copy what you want (shortcuts, files, etc....) from the old account to the new one, and use it instead.
    I like my 'standard' account Any other suggestions ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    Posts : 22,582
    64-bit Windows 10


    LOL, I'm sure you do, but does it show thumbnails in a new standard account?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Image Thumbnails no longer visible ?
Related Threads
Hi all, I once was able in my previous Windows 7 PC to set Windows Explorer to be able to show the cover image (first page) of an ebook when Windows Explorer was set to Thumbnail View. For PDF format I applied this fix, for mobi this one, but now I need to also extend thumbnail view to djvu and...
Computers do not stay visible in Network & Sharing
If I reboot computers, they are visible but they disappear from network later even though RDP and share both work from any PC.
I have Windows 8 64 bit, Windows 8 Photo Viewer and various applications (e.g. Lightroom) to process Panasonic Lumix RAW files in .RW2 format. I can't find a way of displaying the image thumbnails in Windows Explorer. I've tried to install various versons of Microsoft camera codecs but they...
Hello.. Tonight when I plugged my LG G-Pad into my laptop it made the usual audible tone but is now no longer visible. Worked fine about 2 days ago, now nothing.. Interestingly enough it works fine on my desktop (Win 7) and my office computer (also Win 7), but all the sudden it doesn't appear...
Hey guys, Did a quick search and only found posts about windows re-doing thumbnails, not when they are gone altogether! 16981 Any ideas? As far as I can remember this happened totally randomly!
Apps not visible to other users in Software and Apps
First post here. After many research, it seems i can't find any way to make Apps installed on my "main" account available on all my child accounts... I installed some game apps that i would like them to be able to use, but they don't appear on their start screen, nor in the "all apps" screen on...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook