Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Just installed Windows 8 - A+ Microsoft

  1. #41


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    Actually, if you reread it, it doesn't sound like it's questionable. I said I installed it an hour BEFORE posting this. I couldn't find the shutdown options in the Start Screen, so I logged off.

    I correct it, I don't know why you are using he to talk about you .......lol

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #42


    Oregon
    Posts : 214
    Windows 8 Pro w/Media Center, Windows RT


    [QUOTE=Coke Robot;166216]
    Quote Originally Posted by molebo View Post
    I just have to question, why be going around on a Windows 8 forum when you're not using Windows 8? I've yet to understand why some people do that, they just go around throwing fits of outrage here and there about Windows 8, and they're not even using it! They're using Windows 7! What is this?!
    Great question and observation Coke.

    I'm a "normal user" and have no issues with W8 -- works great, easy to use, fast, reliable, and the modern UI doesn't have to be used if one doesn't care for it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #43


    [QUOTE=rmeigs;166584]
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by molebo View Post
    I just have to question, why be going around on a Windows 8 forum when you're not using Windows 8? I've yet to understand why some people do that, they just go around throwing fits of outrage here and there about Windows 8, and they're not even using it! They're using Windows 7! What is this?!
    Great question and observation Coke.

    I'm a "normal user" and have no issues with W8 -- works great, easy to use, fast, reliable, and the modern UI doesn't have to be used if one doesn't care for it.
    lol. I'm using Windows 8, I have simply not change my user setting, by default it must show Windows 7, I correct it now, here a pic, is it Windows 8 enough at your taste, I even don't use a stupid start menu replacement , I don't have any problem to use Windows 8, I can talk in good and bad about it too. This is something I have hard time to understand on this forum, some members seems very limited in their appreciation, for some it's the best, for others it's the worst.


    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #44


    Posts : 376
    W8.1, W7


    Unwillingness to give something a shot because it is different and looks difficult, is called being afraid of change. Is it not? That is exactly how I garnered my opinion that people are afraid of change.
    Oh, what a great philosophy. I get it, if I wouldn't like my house burning down, it's only because of being afraid of changes. lol. IMO, W8 is MS trying hard to burn down their own house, and they themselves should be very afraid of many of the changes they've instigated. Just some opinions.

    btw, about changes here:
    dos > 3.11: Great
    3.11 > w95: Great
    w95 > xp: Great
    xp > w7: Great
    w7 > stock w8: what the heck!?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #45


    actually those Windows 8 lovers are so afraid of change they can't even try a Mac or a Linux or Android , they have to use Windows because they are afraid of the rest.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #46


    Actually, I have a triple boot. I have Windows 8 Pro, Windows 7 Home Premium and Ubuntu 12.10. My Windows 8 setup does include Start8 but I don't exclude the Modern UI. My Desktop is for win32 applications and the Modern UI has it's own apps, Netflix, mail, weather, my bank app, etc. In fact, it's setup so I can just click over and see my info at a glance. Win 7 is there for any programs I may run across that won't work with Windows 8. Ubuntu is there because I like Linux also.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #47


    WINDOWS 8 I LIKE IT !!!
    I planned on using 7 until 9 came out. Giving MS time to work bugs out of 8 like they did between Vista & 7. From all the information and opinions I read. I was definetly waiting for 9.
    Fortunately for me, 8 was forced on me when my brother shipped me computer with 8 installed.
    •My first what's this moment was metro IE. Then windows key & desktop tile to try desktop IE.
    -Back to start screen & IE tile to see if it was a 'run once' command but it wasn't.
    •Next was get rid of tiles of no use to me. Found out some are living and ended that with my trusty right-click shooter.
    •Still customizing & searching for goodies.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #48


    Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post
    Unwillingness to give something a shot because it is different and looks difficult, is called being afraid of change. Is it not? That is exactly how I garnered my opinion that people are afraid of change.
    Oh, what a great philosophy. I get it, if I wouldn't like my house burning down, it's only because of being afraid of changes. lol. IMO, W8 is MS trying hard to burn down their own house, and they themselves should be very afraid of many of the changes they've instigated. Just some opinions.

    btw, about changes here:
    dos > 3.11: Great
    3.11 > w95: Great
    w95 > xp: Great
    xp > w7: Great
    w7 > stock w8: what the heck!?
    Ut oh ... someone took a looonnngggg nap and slept right thru Vista.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #49


    Posts : 1,353
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post
    Unwillingness to give something a shot because it is different and looks difficult, is called being afraid of change. Is it not? That is exactly how I garnered my opinion that people are afraid of change.
    Oh, what a great philosophy. I get it, if I wouldn't like my house burning down, it's only because of being afraid of changes. lol. IMO, W8 is MS trying hard to burn down their own house, and they themselves should be very afraid of many of the changes they've instigated. Just some opinions.

    btw, about changes here:
    dos > 3.11: Great
    3.11 > w95: Great
    w95 > xp: Great
    xp > w7: Great
    w7 > stock w8: what the heck!?
    You must live in a different dimension than I do because I remember every change in Windows was greeted by hate and derision, even the change from DOS to Windows.

    As a matter of fact people hated XP more than Windows 8, Windows users have always been the same, change one little thing, and it's like someone is stealing their wife.

    The reason I don't come to this forum very much is because it depresses me severely to hear all the rubbish about Windows 8. I find it hardly any different to Windows 7, as a matter of fact when I'm on the desktop, I often forget I'm in Windows 8.

    Youd think a Windows 8 forum would be all about people liking Windows 8 and finding and sharing new things about Windows 8, not gonna happen.

    I forgot to mention, I liked Vista as well, and ME.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #50


    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post

    As a matter of fact people hated XP more than Windows 8, Windows users have always been the same, change one little thing, and it's like someone is stealing their wife.
    Sorry peoples find reasons at the time to not switch to XP, but they was no such hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by BillWindows View Post

    I find it hardly any different to Windows 7, as a matter of fact when I'm on the desktop, I often forget I'm in Windows 8.
    .
    On this one I'm with you
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Just installed Windows 8 - A+ Microsoft
Related Threads
windows 8 pre installed in Installation & Setup
I bought a computer with windows 8 pre installed ,i have a full windows 7 .is their a way I can installlwindows 7 ?
Hi All, Can i buy and install windows 7 onto my pc which came with windows 8? Thanks
I have installed apps from the microsoft /Windows store, I got messages in the upper right of my screen that they were installed, but I haven't been able to find them - no tiles for them. I download the digital nightstand app, but it didn't come up when I did a search of my c drive for...
KB2919442 installed then not installed in Windows Updates & Activation
Hi, I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit If I go to Control Panel/Windows Update/View Update History KB2919442 is shown as installed successfully on the 12 March 2014 "BUT" if I go to Control Panel/Windows Update/Installed Updates there is no KB2919442 listed. If I download KB2919442 directly...
so I was downloading the updates to windows 8.1, but it wasn't going anywhere so I rebooted. Then on reboot, I try again and it's not showing up on the store. I hit the back button a few times and saw the link again, but it says it's already installed. Now I am pretty sure it didn't get...
Install went smoothly(I did it before with the consumer preview.) There are some issues however: 1. .net framework is not installed? I tried to install .net framework 3.5 and it could not be completed because the install has no .net framework. Bit of a catch-22 there. When I tell the OS to...
Windows 8 not installed in Installation & Setup
I have installed win7 on C: \ partition and created another for Win8, partition G: \ I can not complete installation of Win8. Sometimes the screen to choose the boot appears, sometimes do'nt. When it appears, if I choose win7 it goes well, but if I choose Win8 comes only a black screen with the ...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook