Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Just installed Windows 8 - A+ Microsoft

  1. #31


    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    Now, I think it's complete paranoia to claim that Microsoft is paying people to do this. That's ridiculous. This claim is always made in forums, and frankly doesn't hold up to Occam's Razor. It's probably just someone that likes Windows 8. But then again, it is possible everything they said is true, more or less...

    Regardless, whoever it is does like Windows 8. So let's just take it for what it is.
    Intel have a paid rep name Christian Wood on Eggxpert forum , I saw him on other forums too. Purolator ( canadian courrier like UPS ) have also a paid rep on Eggxpert, ( Social Media Coordinator , wow they even have a title for that ) On many hardware forums, many companies have rep.


    Click image for larger version

    Click image for larger version

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #32


    Posts : 29
    Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    You might have said you were afraid of change.

    To suggest others are is indeed insulting and you have lost all credibility .

    Where do you get the idea people don't like w8 because they haven't used it - or haven't used it enough?

    There are plenty - reviewers, forum users here and elsewhere who have been using windows for decades ( since before you and I were born ). They have used every new o/s that came out. In what sense are they afraid - or stuck in their ways , or any other insulting tosh that some w8 lovers churn out.

    No point in blaming the customers for an unpopular product.

    It is unpopular for good reasons - it is a poor product.

    If MS aren't careful, they will reimagine themselves up their own fundament.
    I lost all credibility because of that statement? Not that I care about my credibility with a bunch of people on a forum whom I don't know. Go pull up some of the early articles regarding Windows 8(I'm talking when it was announced that the start menu was gone, and the developer/consumer preview articles). You had thousands of posters swearing they would never touch it because the start menu was replaced with a metro UI. Unwillingness to give something a shot because it is different and looks difficult, is called being afraid of change. Is it not? That is exactly how I garnered my opinion that people are afraid of change.

    I'm not saying everyone is going to like it. As with any OS, you're going to have people that hate it. What I am saying is there is a lot of people that fail to give it a chance because the start menu is missing and negative reviews surrounding it, hence afraid of change.

    I fail to see how it is insulting saying some are afraid of change. An opinion I based off of what I read and people that I have spoken to regarding Windows8. I admitted I was "afraid" because the start menu was missing and bad reviews, but then I had to see for myself. The best advice I can give anyone regarding W8 is give it a try and get a feel for it, then develop a proper opinion on whether you like the product or not. Don't base it off of what you see on paper.

    My intention was not to insult anyone and I apologize if I have, but I stand by my comments. There are a lot of people afraid to use W8 because of what I said above IMO. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #33


    Posts : 29
    Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by Hopachi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by topgundcp View Post

    I do own 3 Media Players, 2 seagate Freeagent+ and recently bought a 3rd one from AIOS. It depends on the firmware of the player, with Seagate, I did have problem even with Windows 7, I applied some registry tweak then they all work and did the same for Windows 8. With AIOS, I did not have any problem and the reason I bought it because it can play any format that I throw at it.
    Thanks!

    In a little bit I'll test my media player with Windows 8. I've read of people saying it works but buggy, but that could be because of a number of things.
    I'm curious if you know/find more about this buggy things. i'm talking about the built in media player, my standalone ones are OK.

    Like for example why I always get stuttering and crippled sound every second on WMP... The Music App doesn't have any sound problem but refuses to play on double-click like it did until now.

    Great OS for me too until issues like this make me love it less every day... well still like it for some good features that 7 lacks, that's all.
    I'm not panicking (yet), we'll find some fixes I'm sure.
    I'll get back to you later tonight regarding this. I have to leave for work and don't have the time to test it at the moment.

    Have a good one everybody!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #34


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by molebo View Post
    Coke is that you ?
    You are deranged if you think I would make another user account to promote Windows 8 without monetary recompense...
    it's not what you are doing now ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #35


    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue8 View Post
    I lost all credibility because of that statement? G
    This and a lot of other thing. You have members here who have test Windows 8 since the start, some like it some less, you say to not listen the one who don't love Windows 8, why ?, their opinion is as much important as the one who blindly adopt anything from Microsoft.

    My self I'm member since April. I use Windows 8 but I can't say I'm in love. I can live with the Desktop version of 8 but I will not purchase a Windows 8 phone because Android as better to offer. Even Mystere get an Android. And because of this I say Microsoft fail as they unified the Phone, Tablet and desktop OS to try to sell more Phones and Tablets, seems to me from my own experience and other around, they FAIL. SO can they fix Windows 8 for the desktop users now
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #36


    Posts : 29
    Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP


    Quote Originally Posted by molebo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue8 View Post
    I lost all credibility because of that statement? G
    This and a lot of other thing. You have members here who have test Windows 8 since the start, some like it some less, you say to not listen the one who don't love Windows 8, why ?, their opinion is as much important as the one who blindly adopt anything from Microsoft.

    My self I'm member since April. I use Windows 8 but I can't say I'm in love. I can live with the Desktop version of 8 but I will not purchase a Windows 8 phone because Android as better to offer. Even Mystere get an Android. And because of this I say Microsoft fail as they unified the Phone, Tablet and desktop OS to try to sell more Phones and Tablets, seems to me from my own experience and other around, they FAIL. SO can they fix Windows 8 for the desktop users now
    Please find me where I said the opinions of those who don't like W8 aren't as valid as the ones who do, and to blindly accept this product from Microsoft. Please, because I'd really like to see it.

    I said not to listen to the negative reviews if that is what is keeping you from trying W8. I never said those opinions was not valid and didn't have some truth to them. Different strokes for different folks. I'm pretty much urging others to not buy into the reviews, good or bad(or in my particular case, the negative ones are what kept me from trying before now) and to test the product for yourself and form your own opinion.

    What exactly is wrong here? I was put off by negative reviews, I tried for myself, and it turns out I like the product. I'm telling other to do the same - see for yourself. Nothing more, nothing less. You don't even have to buy it, go to Staples or some other chain that deals with the product and give it a test run.

    I really have to get going now. Have a great day!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #37


    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    And some of you are people that see conspiracies in every dark corner. Good to know who you are though.
    You have a lot of faith in the human race, and I respect that. But corporations are not human beings. Their sole purpose is to make money. It is not, and never will be a righteous or noble pursuit.

    That said, I hope you're right. I hope deception like this doesn't exist and things like the YouTube scandal are all a bad dream.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
    In the same vain, maybe all that post negative Windows comments are employees of a certain fruit company
    I specifically recommended Windows 7. So at least you know I'm genuine in my distaste for Windows 8. Also the usage statistics (approx 1.6%, worse than Vista) back up my opinion.


    EDIT: By the way Mystere, I noticed in your first post you list no less than 4 very rational and valid reasons as to why the original poster is probably a paid viral marketing agent, and yet all of a sudden, at the end of your post, you contradict yourself by saying "that's ridiculous".

    It's as if your rational brain is at odds with the portion of your brain that has been thoroughly programmed to never question authority.

    It's quite amusing and depressing at the same time.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #38


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
    In the same vain, maybe all that post negative Windows comments are employees of a certain fruit company

    BTW, who is hiding the ancient aliens
    Or from google! Get out of here google and apple! Sickos!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #39


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    I have to admit, even as a Windows 8 supporter, I found this post out of the blue fishy for a number of reasons.

    1) He claims he installed it an hour earlier, but claims to have done testing with all kinds of things, including Classic Shell and what not.. simply not enough time to have done that. Ok, maybe he was just say "an hour ago" meaning "a bit ago" or something..

    2) He immediately jumps to a web forum, which he has never participated in before, and gushes about it. Seems odd. Maybe we were just lucky he found us. Maybe he used sevenforums and knew about the board. If so, why didn't he do some research here?

    3) Talked to lots of people that were down on it, but went ahead anyways? Some people do.. but if he talked to so many people, why hadn't had he not posted on the board before? Particularly when this is the first place he went to to gush?

    4) Seemed to hit all the common points people complain about and miraculously found no issues. He must be a genius because even I didn't get used to it that quickly.

    Now, I think it's complete paranoia to claim that Microsoft is paying people to do this. That's ridiculous. This claim is always made in forums, and frankly doesn't hold up to Occam's Razor. It's probably just someone that likes Windows 8. But then again, it is possible everything they said is true, more or less...

    Regardless, whoever it is does like Windows 8. So let's just take it for what it is.
    Actually, if you reread it, it doesn't sound like it's questionable. He said he installed it an hour BEFORE posting this. He couldn't find the shutdown options in the Start Screen, so he logged off.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #40


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    You might have said you were afraid of change.

    To suggest others are is indeed insulting and you have lost all credibility .

    Where do you get the idea people don't like w8 because they haven't used it - or haven't used it enough?

    There are plenty - reviewers, forum users here and elsewhere who have been using windows for decades ( since before you and I were born ). They have used every new o/s that came out. In what sense are they afraid - or stuck in their ways , or any other insulting tosh that some w8 lovers churn out.

    No point in blaming the customers for an unpopular product.

    It is unpopular for good reasons - it is a poor product.

    If MS aren't careful, they will reimagine themselves up their own fundament.
    Does 17 years of using a Taskbar and start menu with every new Windows release 95-7 have any bearing?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Just installed Windows 8 - A+ Microsoft
Related Threads
windows 8 pre installed in Installation & Setup
I bought a computer with windows 8 pre installed ,i have a full windows 7 .is their a way I can installlwindows 7 ?
Hi All, Can i buy and install windows 7 onto my pc which came with windows 8? Thanks
I have installed apps from the microsoft /Windows store, I got messages in the upper right of my screen that they were installed, but I haven't been able to find them - no tiles for them. I download the digital nightstand app, but it didn't come up when I did a search of my c drive for...
KB2919442 installed then not installed in Windows Updates & Activation
Hi, I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit If I go to Control Panel/Windows Update/View Update History KB2919442 is shown as installed successfully on the 12 March 2014 "BUT" if I go to Control Panel/Windows Update/Installed Updates there is no KB2919442 listed. If I download KB2919442 directly...
so I was downloading the updates to windows 8.1, but it wasn't going anywhere so I rebooted. Then on reboot, I try again and it's not showing up on the store. I hit the back button a few times and saw the link again, but it says it's already installed. Now I am pretty sure it didn't get...
Install went smoothly(I did it before with the consumer preview.) There are some issues however: 1. .net framework is not installed? I tried to install .net framework 3.5 and it could not be completed because the install has no .net framework. Bit of a catch-22 there. When I tell the OS to...
Windows 8 not installed in Installation & Setup
I have installed win7 on C: \ partition and created another for Win8, partition G: \ I can not complete installation of Win8. Sometimes the screen to choose the boot appears, sometimes do'nt. When it appears, if I choose win7 it goes well, but if I choose Win8 comes only a black screen with the ...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook