Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Command Prompt shortcut

  1. #1


    Harrisonburg, Va.
    Posts : 10,488
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center

    Command Prompt shortcut


    Hello,

    I don't know if anyone has suggested this before or not.
    Sorry to be redundant if they have.
    See Picture attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CMD_Prompt.jpg  

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    What are you trying to say? The shortcut has all the same options as the actual .exe?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Harrisonburg, Va.
    Posts : 10,488
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center

    I suppose so


    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoType View Post
    What are you trying to say? The shortcut has all the same options as the actual .exe?
    I suppose so.
    See Picture:

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CMD2.jpg  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Real Command Prompts by right-clicking lower left corner of screens
    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Harrisonburg, Va.
    Posts : 10,488
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center


    Quote Originally Posted by pcRat View Post
    Real Command Prompts by right-clicking lower left corner of screens
    Click image for larger version
    Hello,

    You can press Windows Key + X to get the slide up menu too.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    You're right. & here's list for benefit of others
    Charms

    Win+C: Open charms
    Win+Q: Search charm
    Win+H: Share charm
    Win+K: Devices charm
    Win+I: Settings charm
    Search

    Win+Q: Search apps
    (tip: an even easier way to search apps is to just begin typing from the start screen)
    Win+W: Search settings
    Win+F: Search files
    Windows 8 Apps

    Win+Z: Get to app options
    Win+.: Snap app to the left
    Win+Shift+.: Snap app to the right
    Ctrl+Tab: Cycle through app history
    Alt+F4: Close an app
    Desktop

    Win+D: Open Desktop
    Win+,: Peek at desktop
    Win+B: Back to desktop
    Other

    Win+X: Open system utility settings menu
    Win+PrntScrn: Take screenshot and save to Pictures
    Win+Tab: Open switch list
    Win+T: Preview open windows in taskbar
    Win+U: Open Ease of Access Center
    Ctrl+ESC: Start screen
    Win+Enter: Open Windows Narrator
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Quote Originally Posted by pcRat View Post
    You're right. & here's list for benefit of others
    Charms

    Win+C: Open charms
    Win+Q: Search charm
    Win+H: Share charm
    Win+K: Devices charm
    Win+I: Settings charm
    Search

    Win+Q: Search apps
    (tip: an even easier way to search apps is to just begin typing from the start screen)
    Win+W: Search settings
    Win+F: Search files
    Windows 8 Apps

    Win+Z: Get to app options
    Win+.: Snap app to the left
    Win+Shift+.: Snap app to the right
    Ctrl+Tab: Cycle through app history
    Alt+F4: Close an app
    Desktop

    Win+D: Open Desktop
    Win+,: Peek at desktop
    Win+B: Back to desktop
    Other

    Win+X: Open system utility settings menu
    Win+PrntScrn: Take screenshot and save to Pictures
    Win+Tab: Open switch list
    Win+T: Preview open windows in taskbar
    Win+U: Open Ease of Access Center
    Ctrl+ESC: Start screen
    Win+Enter: Open Windows Narrator

    Wow so many, did you learn yourself, or googled them?

    I never really used shortcuts, but with my new laptop, I think I'll get used to it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Command Prompt shortcut
Related Threads
Hi, I need to execute the command prompt as admin. When I try to do it the command prompt window doesn't open and there are no errors. If I run the command prompt without admin privs it works, but I then can't do what I need to do in the admin window. Can someone help me to understand why this...
no log in password to use for 'command prompt' in User Accounts and Family Safety
all of a sudden my HP 9200 notebook w/windows 8 went into an 'automatic repair' that failed.... can't use 'refresh' because I don't have password to use with my log in name..... can't use command prompt for that same reason.....i am a 63yr old 'amateur' pc person..... am communicating now by...
Solved Sfc /scannow command prompt in Performance & Maintenance
I ran the sfc /scannow command prompt on my Windows 8.1 desktop. It said it could fix all of the problems. So, I restarted it. It said the corrupted files were in C/Windows/Logs/CBS/CBS.log. I couldn't get it to paste the files on this forum. Also, command prompt gave me a not that said...
Command Prompt help in General Support
The average monitor can display 25 lines of text in full screen mode. When you list a directory containing more than 25 files, some of the filenames disappear off the top of the screen before you have a chance to read them. What do you add to the DIR command to always prevent this?
Hi, I often format my laptop and uses virtual machine as well. So I had a batch (.bat) file to change all windows setting through registry. This batch file also changes command prompt screen size, buffer size and quick edit mode. However this does not work on Windows 8 command prompt setting. ...
Solved elevated command prompt...huh? in General Support
how do I open an elevated command prompt?
Command Prompt crashes in General Support
Hi After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8 everything seems to works fine except when I want to run command line applications from 3rd party programs. When this is happening the Windows 8 command prompt just stop working. I have to use many programs based on command prompt for web developing...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook