Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


I believe Win 8 is going to be another Windows Vista

  1. #151


    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
    You show me where i wrote nobody would buy it?
    Really? .... Really? You do know we can just scroll back a few pages and see what you wrote, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
    I am simply saying why people won`t buy it
    Oh, and

    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
    people won`t see the point of spending 40 to upgrade.
    You're seriously going to claim you didn't say these things?
    So you are showing me 3 quotes where it says people won`t buy it, and you interpret that as Nobody will buy it? Why don`t you read what i have written and stop adding words that i never used.Even your three quotes don`t support where i said nobody will; buy it
    So again, can you show me where i said NOBODY will buy it? Not people won`t buy it, but NOBODY.They are 2 different things.Also show me where i called MS liars. I just don`t know why you are so argumentative and attributing things i have supposedly said to support your arguments.
    Last edited by Gavin; 12 Dec 2012 at 01:32.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #152


    Posts : 120
    Windows 8.1 + StartIsBack + AeroGlass


    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    It doesn't *require* any such thing. If you want to use touch, then you need a touch device (which, by the way does not have to be a monitor, there are touch pads available that enable the same functionality for a fraction of the price of a touch screen). If you don't want to use touch, then you don't have to. Please, people.. stop making specious arguments that aren't based in reality. Nobody is forcing you to use touch, or to buy any new hardware (other than if your CPU isn't capable of running it).
    The only problem is that if you don't have touch-enabled hardware or want to use touch, you're stuck with a UI designed for touch, which is absolutely brilliant. Don't try to feed me the official Microsoft line that "it works great for both touch and mouse" because that's pure bullshit, such thing does not exist because the interaction modes are radically different. The design of the UI has to take into account screen sizes as well, and frankly, Windows 8 start screen on my 23" monitor looks laughable.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #153


    Posts : 993
    Windows 8 pro Retail


    Do you guys have the SLIGHTEST clue on how a OEM works? FIRST OFF there is no media SOLD to any OEM, and secondly they buy groups of licenses. WHICH are paid for on delivery. And with the Vista debacle the OEMs were stuck with all the licenses that didn't sell. Whereas you guys MIGHT work for an OEM but going by your lack of knowledge on the business end, it would be in production.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #154


    Posts : 2,156
    Win7 Ult on DIY; Win8 Pro on MBP/Parallels; Win7 Ult on MBP/Boot Camp; Win7 Ult/Win8 Pro on HP


    Actually, I liked, and never had significant problems, with Vista. I like Vista better than Win8, but that's because I find Cham and Metro to be tedious, poorly arranged, and inefficient.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #155


    Posts : 99
    Windows 8.1 Professional x64


    Quote Originally Posted by mcnulty View Post
    The only problem is that if you don't have touch-enabled hardware or want to use touch, you're stuck with a UI designed for touch, which is absolutely brilliant. Don't try to feed me the official Microsoft line that "it works great for both touch and mouse" because that's pure bullshit, such thing does not exist because the interaction modes are radically different. The design of the UI has to take into account screen sizes as well, and frankly, Windows 8 start screen on my 23" monitor looks laughable.
    Then your monitor must suck. Mine is a 21.5" and it looks just fine. And it does work well with a mouse and keyboard. So... there goes your argument?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #156


    Posts : 993
    Windows 8 pro Retail


    Chrono, you misread his post. He is saying that he doesn't have a touch type monitor, and feels that Windows 8 would be better if he had one. The other part of his message is just whiney sour grapes.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #157


    Posts : 120
    Windows 8.1 + StartIsBack + AeroGlass


    Quote Originally Posted by Chrono View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnulty View Post
    The only problem is that if you don't have touch-enabled hardware or want to use touch, you're stuck with a UI designed for touch, which is absolutely brilliant. Don't try to feed me the official Microsoft line that "it works great for both touch and mouse" because that's pure bullshit, such thing does not exist because the interaction modes are radically different. The design of the UI has to take into account screen sizes as well, and frankly, Windows 8 start screen on my 23" monitor looks laughable.
    Then your monitor must suck. Mine is a 21.5" and it looks just fine. And it does work well with a mouse and keyboard. So... there goes your argument?
    You and I have different concepts of what "fine" and "well" mean. That's ok because it doesn't matter how much you or other Microsoft apologists like it, it's still meant and designed for touch. That's a fact you can't change, even if you keep dismissing it.

    But hey, if you guys enjoy your monitor looking like a ****ing 10-inch tablet just because Apple sells about every iPad they can build, be my guest.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #158


    Posts : 99
    Windows 8.1 Professional x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lonewolf View Post
    Chrono, you misread his post. He is saying that he doesn't have a touch type monitor, and feels that Windows 8 would be better if he had one. The other part of his message is just whiney sour grapes.
    Well, if he had worded it like that, then I would have agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by mcnulty View Post
    You and I have different concepts of what "fine" and "well" mean. That's ok because it doesn't matter how much you or other Microsoft apologists like it, it's still meant and designed for touch. That's a fact you can't change, even if you keep dismissing it.

    But hey, if you guys enjoy your monitor looking like a ****ing 10-inch tablet just because Apple sells about every iPads they can build, be my guest.
    Or you just have an old mouse. It seriously can't be that difficult for you unless you need to take two or three full swipes to get from one side of your monitor to the other. Yes, the interface is designed to be much more touch friendly. So? I can get around just fine and dandy with my 1800DPI Deathadder. So again, maybe you should check to see what DPI your mouse has. Clicking a tile is no different than clicking an icon. In fact, it's easier. The tile is much larger. Moving the mouse on the Metro screen is just as effective as on the desktop. So again, I don't see what, "designed for tablets" has to do with it if the mouse is effective, which it is.

    EDIT: Or go into mouse settings and jack up the pointer speed. That may help.
    Last edited by Chrono; 12 Dec 2012 at 15:34.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #159


    Posts : 1,925
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by mcnulty View Post
    You and I have different concepts of what "fine" and "well" mean. That's ok because it doesn't matter how much you or other Microsoft apologists like it, it's still meant and designed for touch. That's a fact you can't change, even if you keep dismissing it.
    That's a ridiculous comment. It's designed to work well with A Keyboard, Mouse, *AND* Touch. Each has their own strengths, and can do things the others can't.

    Your argument is just as ridiculous as saying Windows 7 is designed to be used only with a mouse, so using a keyboard sucks.

    Not only is your comment logically flawed, it doesn't even begin to make any sense. What makes touch so special that it somehow can't work effectively with a mouse? I keep hearing this BS over and over again, and nobody can explain exactly how using a keyboard or mouse with it is so terrible.

    Like you, people complain about the size of the fonts, or that you can't have more than one window open in Metro, and while those things may be true, they have nothing whatsoever to do with the usability with a keyboard and mouse.

    Windows 8 is *EXACTLY* as usable with a keyboard and mouse and Windows 7 was. Exactly. I can't think of a single keyboard shortcut that doesn't work, nor can I think of a single way you would use a keyboard and mouse that Windows 8 somehow makes non-functional. Just because they added touch support as well (gestures, etc..) doesn't change the keyboard and mouse functionality, which is identical to what it was.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #160


    Never been to Heaven......
    Posts : 283
    Dual Boot: Back to W7 and Ubuntu 12.04


    Can't you just scroll the wheel on your mouse to make the Metro/Modern screen go left and right? Or I am missing something here? That's how I do it at home with a cheap @ss Dell mouse.....

    Geeve

    (unless you all are talking about something else with the mouse)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
I believe Win 8 is going to be another Windows Vista
Related Threads
I would this feature be place in windows 8.1 it was good Hidden Icons feature.
I really need a windows vista iso which doesn't take forever to download, I don't want any torrents either.
Solved My windows vista crashed in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi I am wanting help I was removing programmes from my add remove programmes , which seemed fine . The next day I switched my Acer laptop 7730 on and windows corrupt file kept coming up quite a few , then the thing just went off and it would not reboot again. I could not do a system restore there...
Hi Guys. I am considering upgrading from windows vista to windows 8, but one thing I am not sure of, are games that play on Vista or XP ( Myst Series. Rhem.etc) playable on windows 8? I have too many games to mention here, but would be grateful if anyone could help me. Much appreciated. Thanks....
As title really. What are the chances of Windows 8 being to Windows 7 what Vista was to XP? Everyone seems to be very happy with Windows 7 so do you not think that Windows 8 will flop and everyone will just keep with 7?
To see the bug, follow these steps: 1. Go to the desktop, 2. Right Click on the desktop and make new shortcut, 3. On the Make Shortcut dialog, press cancel, 4. Right Click again, you will see a new menu: Undo New CTRL+Z 11945
A way to use VirtualBox OSE (Open Source Edition) on x64 Windows with signed drivers from Oracle: (see next post)
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook