Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


I believe Win 8 is going to be another Windows Vista

  1. #131


    Posts : 1,925
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
    Where does it say i do not want it or need it?
    That's certainly the impression you're giving. Pardon me if I assumed you believe what you're arguing. I'll try to remember that next time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
    I am simply saying why people won`t buy it
    And yet 40 million people have already done so.

    If my understanding of your argument is wrong, then I have to ask.. What's the point you're trying to make? That people won't buy it? But they are. There's indisputable proof that you're wrong.

    So what exactly is your point? People like you come in her all the time and argue about what OTHER people will think. Why don't you do us all a favor and tell us what YOU think, rather than arguing about what other people may or may not think.

    We might actually get a real discussion then, rather than all this hypothetical made up chum.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #132


    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
    Where does it say i do not want it or need it?
    That's certainly the impression you're giving. Pardon me if I assumed you believe what you're arguing. I'll try to remember that next time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
    I am simply saying why people won`t buy it
    And yet 40 million people have already done so.

    If my understanding of your argument is wrong, then I have to ask.. What's the point you're trying to make? That people won't buy it? But they are. There's indisputable proof that you're wrong.

    So what exactly is your point? People like you come in her all the time and argue about what OTHER people will think. Why don't you do us all a favor and tell us what YOU think, rather than arguing about what other people may or may not think.

    We might actually get a real discussion then, rather than all this hypothetical made up chum.
    So you can`t back up what you say about me saying i dont want or need it, so now you are saying it is an impression you have.
    Where are the figures to back up that 40 million copies are sold.There could be 20 million licences sat on shelves.Are the copies that were given away for free by accident included in these sales? Where are the figures that say that 40 million people are using it.
    As you say, we might get some real discussion instead of all the hypothetical chum you present as fact
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #133


    Posts : 1,925
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Now you're just being belligerent.

    Microsoft: We've sold 40 million Windows 8 licenses to date | ZDNet

    They say they have sold 40 million licenses. Not given away, not unsold sitting on shelves. There's no data on usage figures, but you are now moving the goal posts as you were claiming people won't buy it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #134


    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    Now you're just being belligerent.

    Microsoft: We've sold 40 million Windows 8 licenses to date | ZDNet

    They say they have sold 40 million licenses. Not given away, not unsold sitting on shelves. There's no data on usage figures, but you are now moving the goal posts as you were claiming people won't buy it.
    You are the last person to call anyone belligerent
    You can say you have sold 40 million, but are they being use? you don`t know that they are.

    Microsoft sells 40 million Windows 8 copies in the first month, defying skeptical expectations | ExtremeTech
    As usual, you present things as total fact when it is not.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #135


    Posts : 1,925
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    And you have evidence that it's not fact? Microsoft is not allowed, by law, to make statements about sales that are untruthful. That sets a certain expectation of fact from things they say regarding financial information. If they don't, they can lose their listing with the SEC, and people can go to prison.

    So you're seriously going to say that Microsoft is lying? If you can back that up, then the SEC would like to talk to you.

    Due to the seriousness of publicly stated financial information of a publicly traded company, we can assume anything Microsoft says about sales figures is fact, unless proven otherwise. The consequences to them are far too onerus for them to risk destroying their entire company over a few sales figures.

    And your entire argument was that people won't BUY windows 8. Regardless of whether it's installed or not (there are no figures on this, so we don't know one way or the other), people ARE buying it. So your argument is broken.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #136


    Nope, you backed up your argument that 40 million have been sold. But just because they have sold 40 million are you saying 40 million people are using it is a fact? Lots of cars get sold but many sit on the forecourt never to be driven
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #137


    Posts : 1,925
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Why do you keep changing your argument? Here. Let me repeat what you said again, since you seem to have forgotten.

    I am simply saying why people won`t buy it
    What part of that argument mentions usage? None of it. I'm not saying Windows is or isn't being used, i'm saying it's not the argument you made, and it's not argument you so vehemently defended.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #138


    Well, i will use your way of reading posts that you don`t like.I imagined, as like you,i make up what you say, and put my own spin on it,that you meant as they were sold, i thought you meant actual people had bought them.I didn`t realise you were counting Dell who have bought them and sitting on a shelf.Therefore, they are not sold to the public as yet.Therefore they will be sitting on a shelf in Amazons warehouses hoping they will sell.Therefore they are not being used.So in the real world they are not sold as yet
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #139


    Posts : 1,925
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Let me repeat what I said, again. Since you can't seem to remember.

    They say they have sold 40 million licenses. Not given away, not unsold sitting on shelves.
    Dell does not purchase Millions of licenses. The way Dell and other OEM's work is that each quarter, they calculate how many computers with Windows on them they have sold and pay Microsoft for that amount.

    You are crazy if you think OEM's buy 40 million copies of windows and let them sit around on shelves.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #140


    So you are saying that 40 million people have bought Windows8 and there are no corporations with licenses ready to sell? You must be crazy to think that they have no licenses ready to ship straight away.Do you count all the Dell computers that are sat on PC World`s shelf as sold? Are all the thousands of computers from Dell sat in warehouses ready to ship to box shifters empty of all operating systems? Do they count as sold and being used? What about Toshiba.Do they not have thousands of computers already loaded with windows 8 or are you counting all those sold as well?HAve you ever been to a shop and someone buys a computer to be told to wait before they can take it home because it has no operating system so they have to install it? What about all the boxes sat in Amazon`s warehouse.Do you count them as sold?
    You seem to just talk in Corporate speak, not in the real world.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
I believe Win 8 is going to be another Windows Vista
Related Threads
I would this feature be place in windows 8.1 it was good Hidden Icons feature.
I really need a windows vista iso which doesn't take forever to download, I don't want any torrents either.
Solved My windows vista crashed in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi I am wanting help I was removing programmes from my add remove programmes , which seemed fine . The next day I switched my Acer laptop 7730 on and windows corrupt file kept coming up quite a few , then the thing just went off and it would not reboot again. I could not do a system restore there...
Hi Guys. I am considering upgrading from windows vista to windows 8, but one thing I am not sure of, are games that play on Vista or XP ( Myst Series. Rhem.etc) playable on windows 8? I have too many games to mention here, but would be grateful if anyone could help me. Much appreciated. Thanks....
As title really. What are the chances of Windows 8 being to Windows 7 what Vista was to XP? Everyone seems to be very happy with Windows 7 so do you not think that Windows 8 will flop and everyone will just keep with 7?
To see the bug, follow these steps: 1. Go to the desktop, 2. Right Click on the desktop and make new shortcut, 3. On the Make Shortcut dialog, press cancel, 4. Right Click again, you will see a new menu: Undo New CTRL+Z 11945
A way to use VirtualBox OSE (Open Source Edition) on x64 Windows with signed drivers from Oracle: (see next post)
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook