Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Difference Between Windows 7 and 8

  1. #21


    Thirlmere
    Posts : 91
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64bit


    hmmm now the problem is, do I want to install it D:

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #22


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    hmmm now the problem is, do I want to install it D:
    What does the fortune cookie say?...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #23


    Quote Originally Posted by CalBear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    That, and the new apps for Windows 8 through the new Windows Store, where you can also download Desktop apps as well.
    What Desktop programs can you download in the new Windows Store?
    Type "desktop" in the Store search. There are some.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #24


    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CalBear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    That, and the new apps for Windows 8 through the new Windows Store, where you can also download Desktop apps as well.
    What Desktop programs can you download in the new Windows Store?
    I did that. Lots of apps. I tried a couple. They were just regular "Metro" apps taking up 4 to 8 times more screen area than needed for their function.

    Type "desktop" in the Store search. There are some.
    I did that. There were lots of apps. I tried a couple but they were just regular "Metro" apps taking 4 to 8 times more screen space than needed for their purpose.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #25


    Thirlmere
    Posts : 91
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    hmmm now the problem is, do I want to install it D:
    What does the fortune cookie say?...
    I think the fortune cookie says to dual boot with windows 7, and just play around with it for a bit, not install every program, just the essential things I need
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #26


    Welcome to EightForums, Mitchell. It's good to have you.

    I think it to be a wise decision.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #27


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    hmmm now the problem is, do I want to install it D:
    What does the fortune cookie say?...
    I think the fortune cookie says to dual boot with windows 7, and just play around with it for a bit, not install every program, just the essential things I need
    That was a very wise fortune cookie!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #28


    Simple: If you own a tablet or touch screen then you may like win 8; If you have a PC then going to win 8 is basically downgrading your system! Don't let the MS fanboys fool you; Win 8 is a chimera designed mainly for touch screen but will run on PCs. Win 7 is the best OS (especially with Classic Shell installed)! Win 8: Designed by FISHER PRICE! for smartphones/tablets.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #29


    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzanos View Post
    Simple: If you own a tablet or touch screen then you may like win 8; If you have a PC then going to win 8 is basically downgrading your system! Don't let the MS fanboys fool you; Win 8 is a chimera designed mainly for touch screen but will run on PCs. Win 7 is the best OS (especially with Classic Shell installed)! Win 8: Designed by FISHER PRICE! for smartphones/tablets.
    Welcome to EightForums, Tanzanos. It's good to have you.

    Just to let you know -> I'm a MS and Windows 8 fanboy. MS, in that it's been an innovative and successful worldwide U.S. corporation from day of inception. The market demand has changed to a touch UI. I'm also an 8 fanboy in that I think MS did an excellent job to create the Windows 8 OS to perform across multiple devices, including the desktop PC. Please name me one OS that performs efficiently this way.

    What an excellent idea! Fisher Price, which is another well established, innovative, and successful company, may just as well adopt this UI for some of there toys. Children will eventually have to learn this modern way of computer navigation, so what better way than by means of an educational toy?

    Again, welcome.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #30


    Thirlmere
    Posts : 91
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post

    What does the fortune cookie say?...
    I think the fortune cookie says to dual boot with windows 7, and just play around with it for a bit, not install every program, just the essential things I need
    That was a very wise fortune cookie!
    I wasnt a very good tester, i last like 1 hour.
    I realized i was spending most of my time on the desk and i prefer the feel of windows 7 that i deleted Windows 8 partition after an hour D:
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Difference Between Windows 7 and 8
Related Threads
Is there much difference? in General Support
i5 4210u 4gb - 379 v i7-4500U 6gb - 440
Solved what is the difference in General Support
Hi all i have just got a free update to 8.1 apart from a few nice colour changes can anyone tell me the difference. Thanks in advance Dell:confused:
Hi What is the difference between the version of hyper-v available in 1:- Windows 8 and windows server 2012. 1:- Windows 8.1 and windows server 2012 r2. And what is the version of hyper-v in each os version. Thanks
Hi, I was wondering what the difference between windows 8 and windows RT, Is windows RT a new os like windows 8, because im configure. thanks
Dear Brink, What is the difference between Windows 8 pro upgrade (64 bit) (2.68 GB) installation media and Windows 8 (64 bit) installation media en_windows_8_x64_dvd_915440 (3.42 GB)?
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook