Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Is Windows 8 a failure ? Time to say bye, bye MSFT ?

  1. #181


    Posts : 224
    .


    thats kind of the problem coke robot, i have an i7 3 x 24 inch screens for eyefinity gaming, i don't really feel like forking out for 3 x 27" or 3x 30" screens just to be able to read the apps i snap to one side.

    just the same way i don't feel like the apps are any good as well, to me it feels like a forced feature of windows 8 that offers sub par software options that fix to one size and can't really be changed to be more usefull to the user.

    even macs don't force full screen crap like that in your face....and that's saying something.

    edit: my sys specs are a little out of date on here but mostly accurate.

    faster internet isn't an option in my area bt infinity...sorry if that's not fast enough i don't live in s Korea.
    bigger screens is outside of my budget since i just bought 3 new ones and a new graphics card setting me back over 1200 i dread to think what that would have cost had i bought 3x 30" screens never mind the desk i'd need to buy to fit them on.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #182


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Actually, apple's been forcing full screen apps to an extent. For example, safari is more or less like taking the Desktop IE and removing the Taskbar, that's their definition of "full" screen.

    I don't believe the apps are forced. If you don't like them, right click and uninstall. If it were forced, it would be MUCH more difficult to get rid of. What I do find to be forced is the fact that Microsoft thinks I'm going to use Paint or Wordpad or Calculator or all the other junk that comes with Windows. I use Photoshop thank you, I have no need for this simpleton dumbed down Paint app, and I use Word 2013 for my word processing purposes not this crappy Wordpad, and who says I need a calculator in Windows?! I already have a physical calculator and one on my phone that are WAY better than that derpy one that Windows has had for years and years!

    Sorry, I went a little sarcastic there...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #183


    Windows 8 has loads of features and so is not a failure. Lets check out there pros and cons by ourself::
    Windows 8 : In Depth Review of Microsoft's Greatest Gamble
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #184


    Posts : 1,925
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by gazz9496 View Post
    even macs don't force full screen crap like that in your face....and that's saying something.
    Dude, you're deliberately configuring Windows to use a video mode that is different from what 99.9999% of users will use. Windows is not designed for the desktop to be stretched over several monitors. It's designed to have unique screens. You're basically using a hack developed by ATI to do this, then they put more hacks in to try and make this mode work semi-correctly with normal windows.

    You're using a broken system, and getting upset that Windows doesn't support your broken video mode.

    Wait for ATI come out with driver hacks that work with Windows 8. Or better yet, ATI should develop drivers that only enable this mode in specific apps that need it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #185


    Posts : 1,308
    Windows 8 enterprise x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    Dude, you're deliberately configuring Windows to use a video mode that is different from what 99.9999% of users will use. .
    So make it 99.9998% because I use eyefinity too. So you are telling us than everyone should use a single monitor and a small one too, ( because metro really sucks on a single 30" ) because Microsoft want it this way....wow what a step back.

    of course...Microsoft can't do wrong.......

    No offence Coke and Mystere, but you are both the reason why Microsoft don't listen; they know peoples like you will purchase anything they put on the market. You are hypnotize and can not thing clearly.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #186


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by area 66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    Dude, you're deliberately configuring Windows to use a video mode that is different from what 99.9999% of users will use. .
    So make it 99.9998% because I use eyefinity too. So you are telling us than everyone should use a single monitor and a small one too, ( because metro really sucks on a single 30" ) because Microsoft want it this way....wow what a step back.

    of course...Microsoft can't do wrong.......

    No offence Coke and Mystere, but you are both the reason why Microsoft don't listen; they know peoples like you will purchase anything they put on the market. You are hypnotize and can not thing clearly.
    Wait, you're saying that Microsoft can't do wrong because of a video driver from AMD?

    Albert Einstein once said, if you do the same thing over and over again and expect the same result, it is insanity you are doing. I call insanity.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #187


    Posts : 1,925
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by area 66 View Post
    So make it 99.9998% because I use eyefinity too. So you are telling us than everyone should use a single monitor and a small one too, ( because metro really sucks on a single 30" ) because Microsoft want it this way....wow what a step back.
    Stop with the strawman arguments. I said no such thing. I said the Eyefinity is a broken system. It's designed to do the very things you are complaining that it does. It's patently ridiculous to use a system to do something it's supposed to do and then complaining because it does it.

    It's a broken video mode. You will have to wait for ATI to fix it.

    Quote Originally Posted by area 66 View Post
    of course...Microsoft can't do wrong.......

    No offence Coke and Mystere, but you are both the reason why Microsoft don't listen; they know peoples like you will purchase anything they put on the market. You are hypnotize and can not thing clearly.
    Oh, I see. Because I largely like the system as is, i'm "hypnotized". Since clearly, any normal person would hate it.. Right? Get off your high horse, dude. Great, you hate it. That's your prerogative. Go back to windows 7 and merrily ignore us.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #188


    Posts : 13
    fedora 17, bodhi, win7 win8


    ive been using linux for 10 years now, ive nothing against windows, i just dont like it.. i have 3 pc's running linux distros and 2 laptops. my wife has a windows 7 machine and so has my mother in law. both my daughters use windows 7 although my daughters are going over to windows 8 as they think its fantastic
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #189


    Posts : 1,308
    Windows 8 enterprise x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    Oh, I see. Because I largely like the system as is, i'm "hypnotized". Since clearly, any normal person would hate it.. Right? Get off your high horse, dude. Great, you hate it. That's your prerogative. Go back to windows 7 and merrily ignore us.
    Who say I hate it ? I have thing I like but I can't stand the annoying ones. I'm not a hypnotize by Microsoft. I can see what is good and wrong with Windows 8. Aside I mention it many time, I still have Windows 7 in mainly all my computers who are not servers. I kind having no choice to learn Windows 8.

    Sorry guy but to find nothing wrong in Windows 8 and love everything of it, is simply blindness.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #190


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Who says that there isn't anything wrong with Windows 8? I can list you a few things I find should had been implemented into Windows 8 to make the experience better, if you want.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Is Windows 8 a failure ? Time to say bye, bye MSFT ?
Related Threads
Really I don't know what is wrong with my PC. All the time when windows boot, and after 5 min my desktop stopping working. And then coming up DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE Blue Screen. I created .ZIP folder by SF Debug Tool. Can anyone tell me what is my trouble?
I've been getting kernel security check failure BSODs after keeping my computer on for a few hours. Would like some assistance with this as I am unable to fix it on my own.
The Windows 8.1 Start Button Is a Sign of Defeat for Microsoft, Users Claim
Hi there For all the doom and gloom on this Forum MSFT must be doing something right -- very slightly down on the day -- unlike "The Fruit Company" (AAPL) which Tanked a whopping 22 USD today and is just a few dollars above its 52 week low. I think I'd certainly go with MSFT than AAPL for the...
MSFT is paddling back in Windows 8 News
Microsoft restores transfer rights for retail Office 2013 copies | ZDNet They are learning. Let's keep the pressure on them for the system. It may take them a little longer to realize what damage they made to the desktop market, but I am sure they will get there also to a resonable solution.
Hi everybody The demise of MS is as usual vastly over-hyped -- especially by fans of the "Fruit Company". However I think this article shows a bit more realism. A Techie's Guide to the Future of Microsoft - AAPL, GOOG, MSFT, ORCL, VMW - Foolish Blogging Network Cheers jimbo
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook