Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows RT: Failure?

  1. #41


    Posts : 1,308
    Windows 8 enterprise x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    Last I saw, OSX could not run iOS apps, although they do have their own store.. it just contains normal desktop apps.
    Same here, I think they have some kind of emulator to run them, but i never try or look at them, aside, peoples can see from the first look that IOS is not OSX. but it's hard to know ( for regular peoples) the difference from Windows 8 and Windows 8 rt from the start page

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #42


    Posts : 534
    Windows 7, Windows 8 RP


    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bR View Post
    Mac OSX: Full OS that can run desktop software including legacy software but also runs Apps from the Store.
    Mac IOS: Runs Apps from the Store.
    Last I saw, OSX could not run iOS apps, although they do have their own store.. it just contains normal desktop apps.
    I didn't say IOS Apps, I said Apps. The Windows store also has some desktop apps so the concept between both platforms is the same.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #43


    Posts : 1,308
    Windows 8 enterprise x64


    ROBr, I read again and again your post, from what you say , MAc OSX was the equivalent to Windows 8 and the RT the equivalent of IOS, this is simply no the case. OSX can't run Metro Apps, and OSX don't have a double face ( Metro Start Page, Desktop) , this is a big difference
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #44


    Posts : 534
    Windows 7, Windows 8 RP


    Quote Originally Posted by area 66 View Post
    ROBr, I read again and again your post, from what you say , MAc OSX was the equivalent to Windows 8 and the RT the equivalent of IOS, this is simply no the case. OSX can't run Metro Apps, and OSX don't have a double face ( Metro Start Page, Desktop) , this is a big difference
    You are over complicating what I wrote, I was merely making a comparison that what Windows 8 and RT can or cannot run is no different than OSX and IOS. Just because RT can also run Office on the desktop doesn't change the fact that a user can only install Apps from the store, just like IOS.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #45


    Posts : 1,308
    Windows 8 enterprise x64


    Quote Originally Posted by R0bR View Post
    Just because RT can also run Office on the desktop doesn't change the fact that a user can only install Apps from the store, just like IOS.
    R0Br can you make an effort to at least make some research , Windows 8 RT don't have Desktop
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #46


    Posts : 534
    Windows 7, Windows 8 RP


    Quote Originally Posted by area 66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bR View Post
    Just because RT can also run Office on the desktop doesn't change the fact that a user can only install Apps from the store, just like IOS.
    R0Br can you make an effort to at least make some research , Windows 8 RT don't have Desktop
    Really? lol....if you say so.

    Samsung ATIV Tab Hands-On: First Look at Windows RT and Its Desktop

    One of many articles...don't worry, I won't hold it against you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #47


    Posts : 1,308
    Windows 8 enterprise x64


    lol like if I have not seen this crapy version of Desktop before ...... I was meaning a real desktop, where you can do real thing, this thing don't even have a real control panel. If I mention it, it's because I don't want someone read your post and think the RT come with a full desktop
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #48


    Posts : 162
    Windows 8 Pro


    Windows RT does have a Desktop but I think they should of called it something different.

    Widows RT Desktop has IE10, File Explorer and Office 2013. From what I have seen that is it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #49


    Posts : 534
    Windows 7, Windows 8 RP


    Quote Originally Posted by area 66 View Post
    lol like if I have not seen this crapy version of Desktop before ...... I was meaning a real desktop, where you can do real thing, this thing don't even have a real control panel. If I mention it, it's because I don't want someone read your post and think the RT come with a full desktop
    LOL....I never said "real" desktop, actually clearly said a desktop to run Office but can only install Apps as in Metro Apps.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #50


    Posts : 1,308
    Windows 8 enterprise x64


    Quote Originally Posted by jbfoster View Post
    Windows RT does have a Desktop but I think they should of called it something different.

    agree 110%, it's confusing
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Windows RT: Failure?
Related Threads
Solved Failure configuring Windows. in Windows Updates & Activation
Hello gents..ladies. I have an Acer Aspire laptop (8 months old)and I decided to reset it with the usual steps and it resets fine works great all fast and streamlined BUT I decide to download all the Windows updates to get the 8.1 etc. Well what do you know ?? Stuck in an endless loop of...
Hey, I got some BSOD problems. Do you got time & experience to help me? :) I got Windows 8 at the moment, I will install 8.1 shortly. Had 8.1 before i re-installed OS when the first BSOD showed up, so I doubt that 8.1 will fix things completely. My problems ATM! - Driver Power State...
Hello, I've tried to upgrade from windows 8 to windows 8.1, but it didn't work. all the steps of downloading and installing through Windows store went well, until the computer restarted and was configuring things then a blue screen appeared showing that the computer ran into a problem, then the...
Windows 8.1 Upgrade Failure in Installation & Setup
I just put W8 on my main system and then tried the 8.1 upgrade and got an error saying it ran into problems and gave me this code: 0xC1900101 0x40017. That happened to me on my laptop as well and all it required was for me to install one security update and then it was fine. Well, my computer this...
Solved Windows Backup Failure in Performance & Maintenance
I am trying to use Windows Backup in Windows 8 on my HP Envy h8-1414 to my external HD and I get a message saying something like, "Your last backup did not complete." The reason given is The Device is Not Ready or something like that. The error code is 0x80070015. Yet from the Desktop/Computer I...
Windows 8 Ethernet Failure in Network & Sharing
Guys, Looks like the latest set of updates has broken something in the networking. Monday I came to the office and discovered that the wired ethernet was not connecting to the corporate LAN. The system just doesn't sense the network when plugged in. Rolled the system back to last Friday and...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook