Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Why can't I use motion joy on my laptop?

  1. #1


    Posts : 111
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Bing 64-bit 9600 Multiprocessor Free

    Why can't I use motion joy on my laptop?


    After I did a factory restore on my laptop I can no longer have motionjoy. I click on load driver and I get a error message. Why would it work the first time but not after the factory restore? it makes no sense.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 2,690
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 111
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Bing 64-bit 9600 Multiprocessor Free


    I reinstalled it a few different times and the same error happened.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 2,690
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10


    use device manager and / or programs and features and un-install the program or drivers.. then reboot and reinstall

    It appears that (without knowing the error message) the driver is not installed properly
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 111
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Bing 64-bit 9600 Multiprocessor Free


    Quote Originally Posted by KYHI View Post
    use device manager and / or programs and features and un-install the program or drivers.. then reboot and reinstall

    It appears that (without knowing the error message) the driver is not installed properly
    It said ps3 driver failed error code:0X-1ffffdb9 or something like that.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Try this:

    MotionJoy

    They seem to have a fix for the issue on the motioninjoy forums.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 111
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Bing 64-bit 9600 Multiprocessor Free


    I just don't understand why I got this error after doing a factory restore, before I did the restore it was perfect
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Manila, Philippines
    Posts : 32
    Windows 7 Ultimate


    Motionjoy in my experience has been very "sporadic". Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's like throwing a pair of dice waiting for your lucky number to come up. At one time it disabled all my USB ports so I had to get rid of it. I used an alternative that skips all the issues with motionjoy. I'll try to dig up that article I found so you can use your PS3 seamlessly on your PC. It's a program that fools Windows into thinking that your dualshock controller is an xbox controller.

    I'll try to post it when I get home later. Still at work.
    Last edited by Teitoku; 28 Dec 2014 at 10:18. Reason: Grammar mistakes
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Posts : 111
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Bing 64-bit 9600 Multiprocessor Free


    Quote Originally Posted by Teitoku View Post
    Motionjoy in my experience has been very "sporadic". Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's like throwing a pair of dice waiting for your lucky number to come up. At one time it disabled all my USB ports so I had to get rid of it. I used an alternative that skips all the issues with motionjoy. I'll try to dig up that article I found so you can use your PS3 seamlessly on your PC. It's a program that fools Windows into thinking that your dualshock controller is an xbox controller.

    I'll try to post it when I get home later. Still at work.
    Thanks. Isn't the thing you're talking about called betterds3 or something like that?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Manila, Philippines
    Posts : 32
    Windows 7 Ultimate


    Quote Originally Posted by Tim87 View Post
    Thanks. Isn't the thing you're talking about called betterds3 or something like that?
    I'm not sure. A friend suggested it to me a few months back. I still currently use it on my desktop when I play Assassin's Creed since I had an old DS3 lying around.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Why can't I use motion joy on my laptop?
Related Threads
Hi all, So i started facing this in the past few days which is the motion of the screen when i switch Win8 Apps and when i press the start menu, when i change the background wallpaper, this all used to switch/open or i don't really know how to describe it, but like the start menu it used to...
WMP movies in slow-motion ! in Software and Apps
Dear friends, Im getting slow-motion, sound and image, when I try to watch any film in wmp, thats not ".avi". In VLC the same movies play without problems. Anyone knows how to fix this ? Thanks in advance !
To start off, this game runs great on my laptop, Ran great on XP, Vista, 7, and now I am trying to use it on windows 8.1. Basically the game just runs choppy and slow, and no changing of any of the settings do anything, nothing in the compatibility mode either. I have no idea why, Windows 8...
Leap Motion Controller... in Windows 8 News
Will the Leap Motion Controller change how we use computers? | Technology | The Guardian
Here at MVP Global Summit 2013 I've just met developers of Leap Motion technology which is rolling out soon. This will eventually replace the mouse with hand gestures in front of the screen. Here's a preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d6KuiuteIA More at:...
Bill Gates Wants Natal Motion Sensitive Technology on the PC Too http://news.softpedia.com/news/Bill-Gates-Wants-Natal-Motion-Sensitive-Technology-on-the-PC-Too-116888.shtml Sounds fun. Think it will be integrated? Think it will ever be used? ~Lordbob
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook