Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

bluetooth Internet

  1. #1


    Posts : 6
    surface pro 3 , Windows 8

    bluetooth Internet


    I was wondering if you were able to use PDa for your windows 8 tablet? I have the surface pro 3 and I have an android cellphone as
    Sprint is my carrier. I want to bluetooth for my internet acess. Can I do that with pda net? And if so were can I downloaded that app.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    N. Calif
    Posts : 2,586
    W10 Pro (desktop), W10 (laptop), W10 Pro (tablet), W10 (laptop)


    I use PDAnet on my Android phone to create a hotspot that I can connect to with my Surface Pro 3 via wifi. Is that what you're trying to do? If so, download PDAnet from the Play store. PDAnet also supports Bluetooth tethering but I haven't used that with the Surface Pro 3 so can't say how well it works.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 6
    surface pro 3 , Windows 8


    I have a htc android and the carrier is sprint, and I installed foxfi. Next I need to install something for my surface pro 3 window 8 . That will connect to my surface using the bluetooth device.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 6
    surface pro 3 , Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by pro3 View Post
    I have a htc android and the carrier is sprint, and I installed foxfi. Next I need to install something for my surface pro 3 window 8 . That will connect to my surface using the bluetooth device.
    When I download pda net . I get an error " pda net could not be download due to error. ( error retrieving information from server. ( RPC;A-7;AEC-7)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    N. Calif
    Posts : 2,586
    W10 Pro (desktop), W10 (laptop), W10 Pro (tablet), W10 (laptop)


    You install PDAnet on your phone, then turn on Bluetooth on your phone. Open the PDAnet app on your phone and select "Bluetooth tether". You don't need to install anything on your SP3, you just need to pair the SP3 with your phone.

    I tried this and was unsuccessful at making it work. I could pair the 2 devices, the SP3 would show "connected" to the phone (I have a LG G2 phone) for only a few seconds and then it's status would change to "disconnected". I tried this many times with the same result. You may have better luck.

    If you can't get Bluetooth to work, you might try enabling "USB tether" in PDAnet on your phone, then connecting your phona via USB cable. PDAnet will install some drivers on the SP3 and a small program running in the System Tray that will allow you to connect via USB cable. I have used that with my phone and it works well.

    The best way (IMO) is to use PDAnet to create a wifi hotspot on your phone, then connect the SP3 to that hotspot via wifi as you would connect with any other hotspot. I use that method with my phone and SP3 and it works great for me.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 6
    surface pro 3 , Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    You install PDAnet on your phone, then turn on Bluetooth on your phone. Open the PDAnet app on your phone and select "Bluetooth tether". You don't need to install anything on your SP3, you just need to pair the SP3 with your phone.

    I tried this and was unsuccessful at making it work. I could pair the 2 devices, the SP3 would show "connected" to the phone (I have a LG G2 phone) for only a few seconds and then it's status would change to "disconnected". I tried this many times with the same result. You may have better luck.

    If you can't get Bluetooth to work, you might try enabling "USB tether" in PDAnet on your phone, then connecting your phona via USB cable. PDAnet will install some drivers on the SP3 and a small program running in the System Tray that will allow you to connect via USB cable. I have used that with my phone and it works well.

    The best way (IMO) is to use PDAnet to create a wifi hotspot on your phone, then connect the SP3 to that hotspot via wifi as you would connect with any other hotspot. I use that method with my phone and SP3 and it works great for me.
    Thank you for your help. Ok I installed foxfi and pda net on my HTC one oellphone. First I tried the WiFi and it ask for me subscribe. Next I did the Bluetooth with android and my surface pro 3 did recognize my cell phone but it had limited internet connection. In which I couldn't connect. Next I tried the USB port using access to internet on my cellphone and that also was limited internet access. I'm I missing something?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    United States
    Posts : 3,093
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit


    If I may jump in, does the HTC one have wifi hot spot and/or tethering options in settings? You shouldn't even need PDAnet if it does. Simply enable and setup either the hotspot or thethering. Then either connect through wifi on the SP3 or USB to your phone.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    N. Calif
    Posts : 2,586
    W10 Pro (desktop), W10 (laptop), W10 Pro (tablet), W10 (laptop)


    That's a good point, Popeye. I need to use PDAnet because I have an unlimited data plan and my carrier blocks my use the built-in hotspot feature.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    United States
    Posts : 3,093
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    That's a good point, Popeye. I need to use PDAnet because I have an unlimited data plan and my carrier blocks my use the built-in hotspot feature.
    I guess that's one way they try to keep you from using too much of your "unlimited".

    Seems all this really gets back to the carrier, the plan and what they allow in the end.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Sprint typically cripples the cellphone's ability to support Bluetooth modem tethering. There have been a few in the past that it would work with, and still works with, but those phones are pre-3G and only works 1XRTT .

    Many times you can root a Sprint Android phone and use something like Foxfi (certain versions) but I am not familiar with the HTC One. You would be better off asking or searching at xda-developers.com as these are the people usually finding work arounds for Android devices.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
bluetooth Internet
Related Threads
My Sisters net book developed a fault within four days of setting up, in so far that access to the internet was not possible. Each time a site was typed in the error message could not open page would come up. I started the net book up in safe mode, by using MSCONFIG and changing the boot up with...
hi, my laptop had Windows 8.1 Pre installed to i installed Windows 8.1 Pro on it .. before upgrading, naturally all is working well, i backed up my Drivers using an Open Source Software i downloaded from SourceForge after upgrading, i installed all drivers, all is working well except for my...
Hello, I have a Asus Laptop operating with Windows 8.1. It connects to wifi but none of the desktop icons can get to the Internet. Meanwhile most window tiles in the start menu have Internet access . For example I have the application "MegaTube" and that application has access to the Internet. As...
I just installed an Asus USB-BT400 Bluetooth 4.0 dongle, but doing so caused my ethernet connection to no longer connect to the internet. I am connected to the network, just not the internet. Running the built-in troubleshooter does not fix the problem, but reports that "Ethernet does not have a...
Hi all this is my first post/question so bear with me if it hurts the rules :eek: Ok now i bought this usb dongle today and installed it successfully on windows 8 for 4 hrs trying to make it connect my android phone to the pc using bluetooth but in vain. It worked one time but went of in an...
Hey guys, So i spent the entire day trying to figure out why my Bluetooth installed fine but after one restart it disappeared and it wouldn't come back. I finally figured it out that the FN+F2 (wireless/bluetooth switches) is what enables/disabled it HAHAHAHAHA. default (after startup): ...
I just set up win 8 on my computer and was going thru the process of connecting my bluetooth mouse and my bluetooth keyboard. My mouse connected automatically, no problems. When I went to connect my keyboard I got the usual prompt asking you to enter the code, but the code was not accepted no...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook