Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


eGalax touch screen- Windows 8 thinks it's a mouse

  1. #101


    Quote Originally Posted by Grim944 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSentry View Post
    Hi all,

    I got my touch panel working correctly on Windows 8 with an old HID compliant driver by EETI I found somewhere. Originally the driver was on EETI's webspace, but they seem to have deleted it. Luckily, it's still downloadable from some other sites:

    http://187.53.197.240:8080/Bibliotec...2.0.0.0525.zipFile HIDUsbTouchDigitizer_2.0.0.0525.zip - BergLib.com

    Just run setup.exe, calibrate and (hopefully) have fun.
    Thanks TheSentry this fixed my issues also. My monitor is the Lilliput 629GL-70NP/C/T.


    Hello,

    please note this solution is not working properly really.
    When you install this driver the touch keyboard becomes tiny, gestures to activate charms bar and the apps menus do not work and also fails a lot after system resume.

    So there is still not a solution.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #102


    Posts : 1
    Windows 8 Pro 64bit (laptop), Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (desktop)


    Hi,

    I have a similar issue and my touchscreen is working as a mouse and it is showing in device manager under mice and other pointing devices.
    Tried it with Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.

    In my case device manager only shows USB Touchscreen controller (Universal). It is a 4-wire 15,4" resistive touch screen.
    I asked about the HID issue from the touchscreen manufacturer and i'm hoping to get some answers from them.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #103


    Posts : 2
    Windows Server 2012


    I'm having the same issue of the touchscreen working as a mouse. I'm actually using Windows Server 2012, but it should be the same as Windows 8. I've installed the EETI eGalax Touch Windows 8 driver from here:
    eGalax_eMPIA Technology Inc. TouchKit Windows 7 Driver

    It works just fine at emulating a mouse. It shows in device manager as "USB Touchscreen Controller(Universal)". It is vid_0EEF, pid_0001. I've tried changing modes in the eGalaxTouch utility, but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I even tried forcing it to use "USB Touchscreen Controller(Gesture)". Touch panel still works fine that way, but still emulates a mouse with no gesture ability.

    Under System, it says: "No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display".

    Any ideas? Do I need a different controller?

    UPDATE: Did some more research, came across this blog. Looks like the drivers for the eGalax touch interface aren't HID-USB compliant. There was a beta HID-USB compliant beta driver released in 2007, but it was only 32-bit.
    ULTRA MOBILE PC TIPS: eGalax Touch Screens are not always USB-HID Compliant.
    I guess it comes down to begging to see if EETI will update that old driver to work with Win8 x64, or buying a different controller.
    Last edited by GnatGoSplat; 16 Apr 2013 at 22:27.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #104


    Posts : 1
    W8 64Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    I'm having the same issue of the touchscreen working as a mouse. I'm actually using Windows Server 2012, but it should be the same as Windows 8. I've installed the EETI eGalax Touch Windows 8 driver from here:
    eGalax_eMPIA Technology Inc. TouchKit Windows 7 Driver

    It works just fine at emulating a mouse. It shows in device manager as "USB Touchscreen Controller(Universal)". It is vid_0EEF, pid_0001. I've tried changing modes in the eGalaxTouch utility, but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I even tried forcing it to use "USB Touchscreen Controller(Gesture)". Touch panel still works fine that way, but still emulates a mouse with no gesture ability.

    Under System, it says: "No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display".

    Any ideas? Do I need a different controller?

    UPDATE: Did some more research, came across this blog. Looks like the drivers for the eGalax touch interface aren't HID-USB compliant. There was a beta HID-USB compliant beta driver released in 2007, but it was only 32-bit.
    ULTRA MOBILE PC TIPS: eGalax Touch Screens are not always USB-HID Compliant.
    I guess it comes down to begging to see if EETI will update that old driver to work with Win8 x64, or buying a different controller.
    Man what a struggle, At my work had to WDS build a new Dell Latitude E6420 XFR with W7 64bit with egalax touchscreen and I found the same problems. The Dell supplied driver are non-hid compliant so there no pen or touch input totally useless in Windows 7. On a Google searches found this Shuttle X50 V2 drivers for touch screen (Windows) talking about Shuttle X50 V2 with egalax and I thought I would see what drivers are available for the Shuttle X50 V2. I found these drivers W7 64bit drivers Shuttle Global - X50V2/X50V2(B) click drivers and scroll down the page and click on the links for TouchPanel_HID_X50V2. I installed them on my Dell Laptop and to my amazement they worked and appear to be HID compliant, I found that Pen and Touch works and using the HIDeGalaxTouch tool I was able to calibrate as well :-). It may work on Windows Server 2012 using the Shuttle X50 V2 W7 64bit drivers.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #105


    Posts : 2
    Windows Server 2012


    Quote Originally Posted by src19 View Post
    Man what a struggle, At my work had to WDS build a new Dell Latitude E6420 XFR with W7 64bit with egalax touchscreen and I found the same problems. The Dell supplied driver are non-hid compliant so there no pen or touch input totally useless in Windows 7. On a Google searches found this Shuttle X50 V2 drivers for touch screen (Windows) talking about Shuttle X50 V2 with egalax and I thought I would see what drivers are available for the Shuttle X50 V2. I found these drivers W7 64bit drivers Shuttle Global - X50V2/X50V2(B) click drivers and scroll down the page and click on the links for TouchPanel_HID_X50V2. I installed them on my Dell Laptop and to my amazement they worked and appear to be HID compliant, I found that Pen and Touch works and using the HIDeGalaxTouch tool I was able to calibrate as well :-). It may work on Windows Server 2012 using the Shuttle X50 V2 W7 64bit drivers.
    Thanks, nice find on that driver! It did install and detected my touch controller. The calibration is all out of whack though, although both the 4 and 9 point calibration appear to work. I feel like this has got to be something that's fixable. I'll have to keep digging and see if maybe there's a registry hack or something that will fix it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #106


    Posts : 1
    Windows 8 x86

    Something new ?


    Hi all, i'd like to prevent first that i'm sorry for my poor English vocabulary (french and "feignant")...
    So I encounter the same problem with my eGalax touch screen (on EeePC 901) that's works well for mouse using, but it's so bad for tactile gesture like going into right-up corner for exemple, or swipe the screen in order to switch screens... The problem in fact is that there is resistive tactile screens (2 axis X/Y) and capacitive tactile screens (the newest) that can allow multi-touch gesture.
    I think that windows 8 can only works well with screen able to detect 4 or more tactile points to be consider like a true tactile screen...
    But...but but you know the touchpad... on windows XP we only can detect 1 point (x/y), and few times later with windows 7, they sold new laptops with touchpad multitouch wouaaaw that's so good but... on the same laptop, but changing XP for Seven, this touchpad become multitouch ! without buy anything else ! That was only a driver walkaround !
    So, I think that -maybe- we could obtain the same result with a special driver, without buying a new touchscreen... If you found that, I'll really appreciate that you communicate this tips, please
    I hope that somebody found it, and if I found it myself i tell you that here...
    Sorry again for my english... ^^ and see u later !

    An Eeepc901-surgeon/user


    Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by src19 View Post
    Man what a struggle, At my work had to WDS build a new Dell Latitude E6420 XFR with W7 64bit with egalax touchscreen and I found the same problems. The Dell supplied driver are non-hid compliant so there no pen or touch input totally useless in Windows 7. On a Google searches found this Shuttle X50 V2 drivers for touch screen (Windows) talking about Shuttle X50 V2 with egalax and I thought I would see what drivers are available for the Shuttle X50 V2. I found these drivers W7 64bit drivers Shuttle Global - X50V2/X50V2(B) click drivers and scroll down the page and click on the links for TouchPanel_HID_X50V2. I installed them on my Dell Laptop and to my amazement they worked and appear to be HID compliant, I found that Pen and Touch works and using the HIDeGalaxTouch tool I was able to calibrate as well :-). It may work on Windows Server 2012 using the Shuttle X50 V2 W7 64bit drivers.
    Thanks, nice find on that driver! It did install and detected my touch controller. The calibration is all out of whack though, although both the 4 and 9 point calibration appear to work. I feel like this has got to be something that's fixable. I'll have to keep digging and see if maybe there's a registry hack or something that will fix it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #107


    Posts : 1
    Windows 8.1, Mac OS Mountaion Lion


    Quote Originally Posted by TheSentry View Post
    Hi all,

    I got my touch panel working correctly on Windows 8 with an old HID compliant driver by EETI I found somewhere. Originally the driver was on EETI's webspace, but they seem to have deleted it. Luckily, it's still downloadable from some other sites:

    http://187.53.197.240:8080/Bibliotec...2.0.0.0525.zipFile HIDUsbTouchDigitizer_2.0.0.0525.zip - BergLib.com

    Just run setup.exe, calibrate and (hopefully) have fun.
    Hi, I installed the driver to my Dell with eGalax touchscreen. There are 2 different modes on the eGalax software. 1-Pen Mode, 2-Digitizer Mode.

    When I use pen mode, touchscreen is working as mouse.
    When I switch to digitizer mode, touchscreen isn't working. On this mode, I can calibrate the screen also can hear the touch beep sounds but there is no action on the screen. This is like windows settings problem, I don't understand.

    I contacted with eGalax support, they also send the same driver to me but still same problem with their drivers.

    Any idea or advice please?

    Click image for larger versionClick image for larger versionClick image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
eGalax touch screen- Windows 8 thinks it's a mouse
Related Threads
Touch screen as mouse... in Drivers & Hardware
...I've seen a lot of threads about not fully touch compliant / win8 cert hardware as to why a touch screen behaves as a simple mouse pointer. I want to do the opposite. Is there any way to force my touchscreen monitor to act as a simple mouse pointer? We have older software that is not...
How to Enable or Disable Touch by Finger on Touch Screen in Windows 7 and Windows 8 This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable touch by finger on a touch screen for only your user account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1. This does not affect being able to still use a...
I want to buy this mouse to better work with my laptop. Can somebody give me some feedback on how this glas pane works instead of a scrollwheel? Handling, etc.
eGalax Touch Windows 8 Trouble in Drivers & Hardware
So we have this USB touchscreen that works just fine on XP. On Windows 8, the actual touch part is not working. The hardware is recognized and seems to be recognized as well within the manufacturer's hardware. Drivers were downloaded from EETI eGalax Touch and seem to only have Beta drivers for...
the only one i know of so far is the Logitech Zone Touch Mouse T400which is around $50, does anyone know of any more..
Genius Windows 8 Touch Mouse Hands-On: Perform Gestures from Afar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTz-uoaA-vQ&feature=player_embedded Uh huh... A Guy
I have a Samsung series 7 Slate, which works great and is really fast with Windows 8. But with one piece of software the touch screen doesn't work, the menu items will light up but nothing happens when you press them. If I use a mouse it works fine and as it should. I don't think it's the...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook