Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Driver for tunner card?

  1. #1


    Posts : 13
    Windows 8.1

    Driver for tunner card?


    Hai all,

    I have 'Philips SAA7130 TV Tuner/FM Radio/Video PCI Capture Card' .i want the win8 driver for this product... i have the winXP driver for this,but i didn't test it.. is any Win8 driver available for this or i want to test with XP's driver?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    I have a Kworld tuner with same chip. Here Zippyshare.com I sent my driver, see if it works for you. Don't let windows update change it, it's wrong driver.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Hafnarfjörður IS
    Posts : 4,376
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10


    Hi there

    Not an answer to your post - but with decent broadband and online TV services do you really NEED a tuner card any more. Also with online TV you don't need any aerial etc and if new TV services start you don't need all the fuss of re-tuning etc.

    Also the online services generally have decent "Catch up" systems, On Demand services and download so you can play in your own time later. (Plus online services often allow you to get TV from different countries that you can't pick up with a standard domestic tuner card or TV).


    Tuner cards won't give access to Sports and these sorts of services too -- Online works fine. - Can even get ENG Vs India Test match cricket live in Iceland !!!


    Cheers
    jimbo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails syygo.PNG  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    India
    Posts : 43
    Windows 8.1 Pro X64


    This can happen too?
    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    I have a Kworld tuner with same chip. Here Zippyshare.com I sent my driver, see if it works for you. Don't let windows update change it, it's wrong driver.
    Last edited by Rockfella; 21 Jul 2014 at 14:31.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Lot's of countries did not go completely digital yet. We still have few analog channels going till next year. Analog TV cards have other uses too. I use mine to digitize VHS tapes and also for security camera input. Digital TV receiver box can be used to output TV to the computer too if it doesn't have right inputs. I use my old, analog Sanyo camera to digitize super8 tapes as decks for them are very rare and a lot of people still have bunches of them with precious family or trip recordings. Remote controls for them can be used with Lirc to control whole computer. There must be some other uses too. Oh yeah, I just remembered, used it with Commodore C64 to play games over it. Video input can be set to work with NTSC, Pal and Secam.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Hi there

    Not an answer to your post - but with decent broadband and online TV services do you really NEED a tuner card any more. Also with online TV you don't need any aerial etc and if new TV services start you don't need all the fuss of re-tuning etc.

    Also the online services generally have decent "Catch up" systems, On Demand services and download so you can play in your own time later. (Plus online services often allow you to get TV from different countries that you can't pick up with a standard domestic tuner card or TV).


    Tuner cards won't give access to Sports and these sorts of services too -- Online works fine. - Can even get ENG Vs India Test match cricket live in Iceland !!!


    Cheers
    jimbo
    Online IPTV is another story, my internet provider gives me 50 free channels and from another service for cheap I get over 600, I watch maybe 5 or 6 regularly. There are literary thousands of free TV channels over internet too but might have to spoof IP to watch them.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Hafnarfjörður IS
    Posts : 4,376
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10


    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Hi there

    Not an answer to your post - but with decent broadband and online TV services do you really NEED a tuner card any more. Also with online TV you don't need any aerial etc and if new TV services start you don't need all the fuss of re-tuning etc.

    Also the online services generally have decent "Catch up" systems, On Demand services and download so you can play in your own time later. (Plus online services often allow you to get TV from different countries that you can't pick up with a standard domestic tuner card or TV).


    Tuner cards won't give access to Sports and these sorts of services too -- Online works fine. - Can even get ENG Vs India Test match cricket live in Iceland !!!


    Cheers
    jimbo
    Online IPTV is another story, my internet provider gives me 50 free channels and from another service for cheap I get over 600, I watch maybe 5 or 6 regularly. There are literary thousands of free TV channels over internet too but might have to spoof IP to watch them.

    Hi there.

    I have to do that to get access to SKY GO for example as it's only "officially" available in the UK and ROI. (Eire). - however there are so many decent proxies etc it's about time Internet TV was supplied on a WORLD WIDE basis - the providers would get more revenue, the creators of the content (authors, musicians, actors, producers, general dogsbodies etc) would get more, the consumers wouldn't have to rely on torrents to get shows not scheduled for their region / area so EVERYBODY wins.

    Piracy would also diminish. I know in the UK some US TV series are shown MONTHS after they have been aired in the US -- however by the time they arrive so many people have seen them already that they aren't watched by a lot - hence the advertising revenue drops. !!

    This sort of stuff is SO obvious I can't understand why we don't have World Wide TV already without having to go through these loops - which nobody can stop however hard they try. Once you start getting into the TOR network then it really does become almost impossible to stop this stuff too whatever the courts say to various ISP's about blocking sites and / or proxies. Service would be a lot cheaper to as you could have several BILLION subscribers planet wide -- I think didn't it used to be known as THE WORLD WIDE WEB not just USA's web or UK's web.

    @CountMike - For Security Video recording and surveillance it's cheaper and easier to use a networked webcam or something like that just to record video to a decent NAS -with almost unlimited storage and fast retrieval and play back. VHS tapes are a pain - even in LONG PLAY they only last 3 hrs max. (Super EP which *might* record for a bit longer gives such a bad image - even with modern video enhancement methods that it would be totally inadmissible as Court Evidence in a prosecution (or defence) .

    Also you can supply a bit of logic to the modern security system -- it can initiate phone calls to Police etc if required and a load more things like that.

    In my part of the world people probably don't KNOW what a VHS tape is any more -- that type of stuff has been long since digitized. !!

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Driver for tunner card?
Related Threads
Hello there! I have AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5470 graphic card installed in HP G62 laptop. Laptop came with windows 7 with everything working. Last year I updated windows 7 to windows 8.1 with that I also updated all my drivers including AMD driver. I installed version 14.4 from AMD website....
I recently installed Windows 8.1 on my HP Pavilion p6130y desktop PC. Everything works great except Windows can't find and install the 15-in-1 memory card reader device. I know the device is connected to the mother board because the light in the card reader comes on when I insert a memory card,...
driver for memory card reader in Drivers & Hardware
i am using windows 8 i have a driver missing for my memory card reader RT55139/ i am using a lenovo laptop Ive tried updating my driver through updates but it says driver cant be found. does it matter if i don't update this driver and if it is important to be updated where can i find the updates...
I recently upgraded to HP8300 elite i7 desktop pc running with windows8 64 bit. Unfortunatley, when i tried to install my previsou graphics card, Axle 9300GS 256MB GDDR2 Arctic Cooling S-Video, i couldnt make the system recognize the card nor did i manage to find an adequate driver. i would...
I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro and supposedly I installed all the Windows 8 drivers I got from my laptop's manufacture website (Sony) but when I go to device manager in control panel my wireless card has the yellow exclamation mark and in the properties it says that no driver update is installed even...
I've installed windows 8 pro on a Sony VAIO VPCEB3E1E/PI Managed to sort everything out apart from the SD Card reader. Device manager recognises the card reader as : Ricoh PCIe Memory Stick Host Controller Then when I plug in the SD card I usually use as readyboost, I get an audible ding...
network adapter card driver in Network & Sharing
Any one help me with this : 47,000 system/information entries in event viewer so far today : Toshiba satellite Pro A 100 : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection Driver Version 13.3.0.137 - Ive tried the latest driver - think 139 -zipped -15.2.0_Ds32 which does the same thing and this...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook