Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


unknown device in device maneger win 8.1

  1. #1


    Posts : 16
    win 8.1

    unknown device in device maneger win 8.1


    when look in the device manager i get this:
    http://cloud.addictivetips.com/wp-co...iceManager.jpg
    and PCI Device above this to unknown device ( i took this photo from google)


    when i try to delete it back after restart or Scan hardware change


    please help
    lenovo ThinkPad Edge E540 20C6006JIV win 8.1

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 2,627
    win8.1.1 enterprise


    hello,you need to go to Lenovo driver and support website for you model and make sure you have all the updated drivers for all devices on the laptop
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Joisey
    Posts : 315
    Windows 8.1 consumer 64 bit


    These are probably hardware components that windows does not have a driver for. You may be able to right click on each missing device and select "properties" - something there may give you a clue about what they are. Is there any hardware or feature on the laptop or plugged in that is not working (eg bluetooth, network)?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 16
    win 8.1


    i install this driver:
    Audio
    Bluetooth and Modem
    Chipset
    Mouse and KeyboardNetworking: LAN (Ethernet)

    Display and Video Graphics
    Networking: Wireless LAN
    Networking: LAN (Ethernet)
    what more i need? this the site:
    Lenovo Support - Drivers & Software (US)
    you can write this 20C6006JIV to find the drivers for my computer (win 8.1)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Quote Originally Posted by lcx View Post
    i install this driver:
    Audio
    Bluetooth and Modem
    Chipset
    Mouse and KeyboardNetworking: LAN (Ethernet)

    Display and Video Graphics
    Networking: Wireless LAN
    Networking: LAN (Ethernet)
    what more i need? this the site:
    Lenovo Support - Drivers & Software (US)
    you can write this 20C6006JIV to find the drivers for my computer (win 8.1)
    Look for PCIE Card reader Driver from Lenovo site and install.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 16
    win 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by brummyfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lcx View Post
    i install this driver:
    Audio
    Bluetooth and Modem
    Chipset
    Mouse and KeyboardNetworking: LAN (Ethernet)

    Display and Video Graphics
    Networking: Wireless LAN
    Networking: LAN (Ethernet)
    what more i need? this the site:
    Lenovo Support - Drivers & Software (US)
    you can write this 20C6006JIV to find the drivers for my computer (win 8.1)
    Look for PCIE Card reader Driver from Lenovo site and install.
    ok thank this solved! but i can not install camera drive , when i try install the driver i got this massage in the end : " no appropiate driver to be install " and when i try to get to the camera app its request to Connect camera
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Right click the driver, go to Properties, select compatibility tab then select to install in Windows 8 mode. You could also try the Win 8 Driver, might work.
    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 16
    win 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by brummyfan View Post
    Right click the driver, go to Properties, select compatibility tab then select to install in Windows 8 mode. You could also try the Win 8 Driver, might work.
    Click image for larger version
    not worked
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Try uninstalling the Camera driver in Device manager and reboot and see what happens.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 16
    win 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by brummyfan View Post
    Try uninstalling the Camera driver in Device manager and reboot and see what happens.
    there no driver for cemera
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
unknown device in device maneger win 8.1
Related Threads
Recently I attempted to connect to an existing paired connection to my phone via bluetooth. I have never had this problem before, yet suddenly Bluetooth is missing. There is no longer an icon in the taskbar, the setting in "PC and Devices" is missing, and there appears to not be a driver installed,...
I know that a similar question has been asked before but, not with the last part of the message, (Device Descriptor Request Failed). I get this, in Device Manager, and I have searched for an answer on the net. Also it is a Code 43. I went through my laptop, with an HP Technician this morning, I...
Unknown device in Device Manager in Drivers & Hardware
My friend's fairly new computer has started showing an unknown device in Device Manager. The hardware id in properties shows USB\VID-08B1&PID_0018&REV_1501 I've tried to find this on the PCI Database website but have been unsuccessful, as has a Google search. Any ideas how to find out what...
My computer keeps telling me Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed), so I looked up how to fix it and they told me to uninstall it then scan for hardware changes and it will reappear working properly.:thumb: Only it did not come back working properly, it came back the same. :mad: I...
unknown usb device? in Drivers & Hardware
My box is windows 8 pro x64, and M/B is asus p6x58d premium. 23022 23023 I deleted this driver, but after sometimes this driver recovered by itself.
Unknown device in Drivers & Hardware
I've had my windows 8 pro installed for about a month or so now. Whenever I access device manager, it tells me there is one device that's an "unknown device". I've updated drivers, done driver scans online to figure out what driver this is. Everything works perfectly! Is there some program/...
Hi, On a fresh clean Windows 8 image, my software driver (signed) installs fine and shows up properly in the Device Manager. However once i uninstall it , subsequent reinstalls show up as 'Unknown Device' in the Device Manager. From the device details, I find that it refers to /looks for the...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook