Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


How to set BIOS to start every morning?

  1. #11



    The Contemplator
    (1963-2013)
    Doncaster, UK
    Posts : 638
    Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64


    I notice that you have got PME set as Enabled in your screenshot above. Since that is to do with networking, set that as Disabled.

    Now, what do you get when you click on RTC Alarm Date (Days) ? Do you get some form of drop-down list? As a quick test, change the hour/minute settings to just a few minutes after the current time (you can always restore them to whatever time you want once you have got this working).

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Sweden
    Posts : 35
    Windows 10 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
    I notice that you have got PME set as Enabled in your screenshot above. Since that is to do with networking, set that as Disabled.

    Now, what do you get when you click on RTC Alarm Date (Days) ? Do you get some form of drop-down list? As a quick test, change the hour/minute settings to just a few minutes after the current time (you can always restore them to whatever time you want once you have got this working).
    Hi

    I just get an opportunity to enter a number in the square no pulldown menu.
    Ok i will try setting the PME to disable. I had it working ONE morning!

    Thanks for now... be back with a report!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13



    The Contemplator
    (1963-2013)
    Doncaster, UK
    Posts : 638
    Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64


    Another thing, which is very easy to overlook if you are not careful, is to make sure that the BIOS clock isn't set 12hrs out.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Sweden
    Posts : 35
    Windows 10 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
    Another thing, which is very easy to overlook if you are not careful, is to make sure that the BIOS clock isn't set 12hrs out.
    Sorry I don't understand out when used this way...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by ToddeSwe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
    Another thing, which is very easy to overlook if you are not careful, is to make sure that the BIOS clock isn't set 12hrs out.
    Sorry I don't understand out when used this way...
    I think he means to make sure its not set to 3 AM when its actually 3 PM or vise versa.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Posts : 1,093
    Windows 8 Pro Windows 8.1 Preview


    Quote Originally Posted by ToddeSwe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JustATest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddeSwe View Post

    Hi!

    I've set the RTC to 0 which should be every day (it says so in the BIOS) It was by default put to 15 whatever that can be.... i meen 15 days and then what?
    But i'm with you 100% when you say it's all in the BIOS. The computer is OFF and have nothing to do with Windows.
    True for RTC but not true for PME which was your original request.
    I've not asked for help about PME.
    Actually, you didn't ask for any specific help. You just showed a picture with PME highlighted and you never questioned any of my responses. So, if I see an image with an area highlighted, that's where I concentrate my efforts. And if PME was not your concern, why did your follow my leads to that end? You should have just quickly interjected "that's not what I'm asking about" so we both didn't waste our time.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Sweden
    Posts : 35
    Windows 10 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddeSwe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
    Another thing, which is very easy to overlook if you are not careful, is to make sure that the BIOS clock isn't set 12hrs out.
    Sorry I don't understand out when used this way...
    I think he means to make sure its not set to 3 AM when its actually 3 PM or vise versa.
    That is not possible because it in 24 hours mode. But i can see what you mean now.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Sweden
    Posts : 35
    Windows 10 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by JustATest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddeSwe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JustATest View Post

    True for RTC but not true for PME which was your original request.
    I've not asked for help about PME.
    Actually, you didn't ask for any specific help. You just showed a picture with PME highlighted and you never questioned any of my responses. So, if I see an image with an area highlighted, that's where I concentrate my efforts. And if PME was not your concern, why did your follow my leads to that end? You should have just quickly interjected "that's not what I'm asking about" so we both didn't waste our time.
    Unfortunately the marked line was not made to show my problem. Sorry for that!

    You see i'm what we called in the beggining of homecomputers a lamer at this area and when it comes to the BIOS i grasp whatever i can to make it work so i was glad for everything anyone could tell me to investigate or look into to get it to work... NOW i know the difference and will not take up someones time again with this subject.

    But i can't promise when it's about other matter or subjects.

    Friends?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Sweden
    Posts : 35
    Windows 10 Pro


    Hi all

    I've now gotten help from another source and it was kinda silly.

    Listen carefully now

    You have to use the enter key after you have entered the hour-min-sec to make it stick.. now it starts. At least ONCE when i set the time a couple of mins ahead.

    So after tomorrow i know and then i will mark this thread as solved if it starts.

    Nope! It did not start this morning!

    ToddeSwe
    Last edited by ToddeSwe; 03 Aug 2013 at 05:07.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    fast boot off and retest.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
How to set BIOS to start every morning?
Related Threads
Good Morning in Chillout Room
I searched for this thread, came up empty.... I hope you'll enjoy it. Your cup is waiting for you, come on over. 49251
I have a a Toshiba Satellite P55t with windows 8.1. Today I used the Toshiba Password utility to set a User password, Rebooted the machine and got a "reboot and select proper device" error. Hitting F12, F2, Esc, nothing works. Putting the recovery DVD in does not work. Any suggestions on what to...
Good Morning in Chillout Room
I tried to find a " Good Morning " thread, so far no luck . I'll start it. =3] Gorgeous day here this morning. Hope you have a great Saturday or whatever day it is where you live. Coffee's on, come join me. 41421
Bsod Every Morning i wake up in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello first of all a quick introduction my name is Erik and i am new to Windows 8. I recently installed 8 maybe 2 weeks ago the professional edition that i purchased. And i encountered a new problem. Usually every morning i wake up from leaving computer on i wake up to Verifying pool data and it...
Six BSOD's this morning in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
I've received 6 BSOD's this morning while I've tried to get together enough information to submit this request for help. All have been of the watchdog type. The attached log has the first four BSOD's, but frustration prevented me from obtaining a more recent one. These have all occurred within...
5 BSOD this morning in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Greetings. I have, unfortunately, had 5 crashes this morning, shortly after one another. I have downloaded and utilized the SF Diagnostic Tool and am attaching a zipped copy of the report. Any and all assistance with this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Ken
Freezing on start up at Bios menu in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi Two weeks ago I did a clean install of windows 8 pro. I had problems so reinstalled after updating all my drivers and bios using the gygabyte motherboard software. It worked fine for two weeks and now suddenly crashes. I hope I do not have to reinstall again as have a lot of software...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook