Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

asus me400c

  1. #1

    asus me400c


    Hi
    does anyone know if I can install a full version of microsoft office 2007 on an asus me400c. It does not have a usb port but perhaps could put files on sd card but don't know if there is enough space on the hard drive although retailer tell me there is. I want tablet to take whenout of the office for a few days and need to be able to use word.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    If it is running Windows RT then it will only be able to install Office 2013 which is made for all Windows 8 environments but if it is full Windows 8 then you should be able to install Windows 2007 on it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3



    I am Woman! Hear Me Roar!
    NJ
    Posts : 1,116
    4 Windows 7 Pro Sp1- 4 Win 8 Pro, 1- xp pro sp3


    First you can purchase a micro USB OTG type (make sure it is this kind) -USB on amazon for under 10 bucks to convert it to a regular USB

    Second that tablet runs windows 8 so you can download 2007 and install it, you can try using a USB DVD reader writer once you get the cable if you have a DVD of 2007

    Also can you tell me how you like this asus tablet?
    I am thinking of getting it. Has great reviews and I am going to trade in an iPad 4 I just acquired from a client of mine who never uses it, and through bestbuy where he purchased it, I can get $250 as a trade in for it
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4



    I am Woman! Hear Me Roar!
    NJ
    Posts : 1,116
    4 Windows 7 Pro Sp1- 4 Win 8 Pro, 1- xp pro sp3
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Quote Originally Posted by robinb9 View Post
    First you can purchase a micro USB OTG type (make sure it is this kind) -USB on amazon for under 10 bucks to convert it to a regular USB

    Second that tablet runs windows 8 so you can download 2007 and install it, you can try using a USB DVD reader writer once you get the cable if you have a DVD of 2007

    Also can you tell me how you like this asus tablet?
    I am thinking of getting it. Has great reviews and I am going to trade in an iPad 4 I just acquired from a client of mine who never uses it, and through bestbuy where he purchased it, I can get $250 as a trade in for it
    I used to have the Asus vivotab smart but I sold it and got me a Dell Latitude 10. I love the Asus tablet and I would pick asus tablet over my dell tablet only if Asus would put some serious reconstruction on their tech support. It has a built in GPS, 8mp rear and 2mp front. I love how it weighs and they have this case from amazon called poetic graph grip, it fits perfectly. Get that and a screen protector, your all set. I actually sold it to a guy who tried this software to evaluate human body, and it install perfect. If you are not on a budget I suggest the Acer w700 model, it comes with i3 or i5
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6



    I am Woman! Hear Me Roar!
    NJ
    Posts : 1,116
    4 Windows 7 Pro Sp1- 4 Win 8 Pro, 1- xp pro sp3


    Quote Originally Posted by jcarlo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robinb9 View Post
    First you can purchase a micro USB OTG type (make sure it is this kind) -USB on amazon for under 10 bucks to convert it to a regular USB

    Second that tablet runs windows 8 so you can download 2007 and install it, you can try using a USB DVD reader writer once you get the cable if you have a DVD of 2007

    Also can you tell me how you like this asus tablet?
    I am thinking of getting it. Has great reviews and I am going to trade in an iPad 4 I just acquired from a client of mine who never uses it, and through bestbuy where he purchased it, I can get $250 as a trade in for it
    I used to have the Asus vivotab smart but I sold it and got me a Dell Latitude 10. I love the Asus tablet and I would pick asus tablet over my dell tablet only if Asus would put some serious reconstruction on their tech support. It has a built in GPS, 8mp rear and 2mp front. I love how it weighs and they have this case from amazon called poetic graph grip, it fits perfectly. Get that and a screen protector, your all set. I actually sold it to a guy who tried this software to evaluate human body, and it install perfect. If you are not on a budget I suggest the Acer w700 model, it comes with i3 or i5

    thanks. I am on a budget especially since we just purchased a windows 8 laptop. No touch, I need this more to show at the seminars I do and to take it to clients. I will install office pro 2013 on it, a few small games from the App Store. Windows live essentials , just the picture program and windows live mail and adobe reader. Drop box and teamviewer I will use WD for protection
    that is basically itithe latitude is perfect but it is still too steep for me, with the trade in with BB the insurance that is on the iPad now will be transferred to the asus ( it has 1 3/4 years left and what BB will give me for the trade in and the cable and adapter, the tablet will cost me $200 bucks I will look at the case you recommend and get a screen saver for it, I have a Bluetooth keyboard already which I will test and see if it works
    thanks for the heads up on it
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Quote Originally Posted by robinb9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarlo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robinb9 View Post
    First you can purchase a micro USB OTG type (make sure it is this kind) -USB on amazon for under 10 bucks to convert it to a regular USB

    Second that tablet runs windows 8 so you can download 2007 and install it, you can try using a USB DVD reader writer once you get the cable if you have a DVD of 2007

    Also can you tell me how you like this asus tablet?
    I am thinking of getting it. Has great reviews and I am going to trade in an iPad 4 I just acquired from a client of mine who never uses it, and through bestbuy where he purchased it, I can get $250 as a trade in for it
    I used to have the Asus vivotab smart but I sold it and got me a Dell Latitude 10. I love the Asus tablet and I would pick asus tablet over my dell tablet only if Asus would put some serious reconstruction on their tech support. It has a built in GPS, 8mp rear and 2mp front. I love how it weighs and they have this case from amazon called poetic graph grip, it fits perfectly. Get that and a screen protector, your all set. I actually sold it to a guy who tried this software to evaluate human body, and it install perfect. If you are not on a budget I suggest the Acer w700 model, it comes with i3 or i5

    thanks. I am on a budget especially since we just purchased a windows 8 laptop. No touch, I need this more to show at the seminars I do and to take it to clients. I will install office pro 2013 on it, a few small games from the App Store. Windows live essentials , just the picture program and windows live mail and adobe reader. Drop box and teamviewer I will use WD for protection
    that is basically itithe latitude is perfect but it is still too steep for me, with the trade in with BB the insurance that is on the iPad now will be transferred to the asus ( it has 1 3/4 years left and what BB will give me for the trade in and the cable and adapter, the tablet will cost me $200 bucks I will look at the case you recommend and get a screen saver for it, I have a Bluetooth keyboard already which I will test and see if it works
    thanks for the heads up on it
    I suggest you buy a warranty from square trade, its worth it
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8



    I am Woman! Hear Me Roar!
    NJ
    Posts : 1,116
    4 Windows 7 Pro Sp1- 4 Win 8 Pro, 1- xp pro sp3


    As said Best buy will transfer the ipad service contract and warranty over to the asus. Best buys policy is when you purchase the service contract if something is wrong and they cannot fix it they replace it with a brand new one up until the time period the warrranty is up to.
    I had a ipod that died It was 1 /2 yrs old and I had a 2 yr warranty on it) and they could not fix it so they handed me a brand new one
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9



    I am Woman! Hear Me Roar!
    NJ
    Posts : 1,116
    4 Windows 7 Pro Sp1- 4 Win 8 Pro, 1- xp pro sp3


    Well I just bought it, they transferred the service contract and with the trade ins and the discounts I have being a premier rewards member I paid out of pocket 200 bucks for it
    I ordered from amazon a cover, a longer cable, the one they give you is 3 ft only and I ordered screen savers
    They should come next week
    Right now I am downloading the 44 security updates but I am doing them slowly. I updated the asus live update software and the bios. That went without a hitch
    The windows updates are taking longer. It is still charging , they tell you to charge it for 8 hours first time, I like the touch pad,keyboard, I actually like it better than the iPads one
    I will figure it all out once it finishes the updates and is fully charged and I can hold it in my hand
    Last edited by robinb9; 10 Jun 2013 at 08:00.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 31
    windows 8.1


    I've owned the Asus ME400 for about a month now. I do like it a lot. This is my very first touch device. I've avoided them in the past because my fat fingers need a keyboard. I finally figured out the OTG device because my mind couldn't accept that a power outlet was also a USB port.

    I kind of miss files and folders but this is offset by the portability and ease of use.

    It had an annoying bit of shutting down my Bluetooth keyboard everytime it went to sleep. I had to create a Power Profile to fix this problem..
    I took some great videos but can't put them anyplace because they're too large for a gmail attachment and I haven't figured out how to find them on the drive to post them to FLICKR.

    The device keeps gently pushing me to the cloud -- everytime I'm on the desktop side, there's an annoying popup about some sort of cloud service.

    Overall I'm quite pleased with it. I like Windows 8 enough that I'm replacing my ancient home desktop (bought in 2005) with a Dell XPS One Wndows 8 touch.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
asus me400c
Related Threads
Hi all , Have purchased the Asus ME400C 64g . the internal eMMC device is a Sandisk sem64g. With the factory installed windows 8 upgraded to 8.1 (after getting windows updates working!!) I was unable to use the disk optimisation tool in windows .. Optimisation not Available this was on...
Solved Maps for my GPS on my Asus ME400C in Drivers & Hardware
So far I am extremely happy with my Asus table and Windows 8.1. Everything I have tried to do was simple and easy except one thing. Since for some (stupid reason IMO) reason few of the Windows tablets have the GPS enabled :mad::(the ME400C included so i am forced to use a Bluetooth GPS. But I...
ME400C manual in Drivers & Hardware
Is there a manual (not the 20 something page guide) for the ME400C. I purchased mine refurbed so it didn't come with one if there is one. I downloaded the 20 something page manual which doesn't provide much information.:( Thanks
My BT keyboard is no longer discoverable by my ASUS Vivotab ME 400C. Seemed to suddenly stop working after a couple of incidents where a letter would be repeated 1 hundred times. (i.e. "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" for "e") The keyboard was recognized by my Blackberry and is working....
hello I installed windows 8.1 in clean mode . now I want to reset to factory default but I have not backuped media. but I have recovery partition but I can not build recovery disk because when I use"create recovery drive" wizard I can not select " copy the recovery partition from the pc to the...
I have a Asus VivioTab ME400C. I have the Mail app partially working but cannot receive from my Plusnet account. I can send ok & can both receive and send from my Gmail account. The question is how do I enter the settings for the Plusnet account like SMTP. Regards John
a very thorough review of the Asus VivoTab Smart ME400C at TechReport. Lots of good info so if you're interested in a budge tablet, check it out: http://http://techreport.com/review/24720/asus-vivotab-smart-me400c-tablet-reviewed only excerpts (refer to full article): 21216 Today, the...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook