Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8 and a touch AIO

  1. #1


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro

    Windows 8 and a touch AIO


    Today, a friend of mine passed off a touchscreen AIO PC that once ran Windows 7, built by HP. Apparently a friend of my friend got a KILLER of a deal on it, it needs a new hard drive by I'm currently using my hard drive in it. As of right now, I am typing this on the physical wireless keyboard with it, using the touch 100 PERCENT, no rodent. I have to say, honestly, if you're the type of person that says touch on the desktop is a no go; quite frankly, you're touchscreening wrong. I have no gorilla arm, a two point touch screen works just a great as a mouse if not better. This is true.

    But this is really allowing me to personally get into the real touch aspect of Windows 8, oh my my! Bloody brilliant to say the least! I'm getting Speech Recognition set up as I will have my desktop mic arriving soon to use on my other PC, but right now, it needs training and I am too tired to do so.

    For the curious, the keyboard is right in front of the screen, my eyeballs are about two feet and a few inches away from the screen (as to easily touch the screen, you don't sit five feet away and say touch is bad on the desktop) and sitting in the most proper sitting position I've ever sat with a desktop PC. It works rather well.

    AutoCAD is iffy on the two point input screen from what I've tested, but I believe that is a hardware issue with the touch input than anything being limited.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    South Carolina
    Posts : 47
    Windows 8


    Sounds good with a few hardware hacks i mean customized improcements it'll be a' bombi'n
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    I have to say, honestly, if you're the type of person that says touch on the desktop is a no go; quite frankly, you're touchscreening wrong. I have no gorilla arm, a two point touch screen works just a great as a mouse if not better. This is true.
    I've been using some Acer all in one touchscreens at work for the past 2 months. While they work absolutely fine, I rarely ever touch the screen. At this point, while I'm totally fine with Windows 8, I'm far more comfortable with the keyboard and mouse and still prefer it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    I have to say, honestly, if you're the type of person that says touch on the desktop is a no go; quite frankly, you're touchscreening wrong. I have no gorilla arm, a two point touch screen works just a great as a mouse if not better. This is true.
    I've been using some Acer all in one touchscreens at work for the past 2 months. While they work absolutely fine, I rarely ever touch the screen. At this point, while I'm totally fine with Windows 8, I'm far more comfortable with the keyboard and mouse and still prefer it.
    I haven't used a mouse in more than 24 hours, I feel weird when I used one between that time.

    I expected Windows 8 to be great with touch, and expected using a touchscreen on a desktop to be great, both expectations have been met and exceeded.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Well, it sure is good we still have support for both methods...as it seems some people really prefer one over the other.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
    Well, it sure is good we still have support for both methods...as it seems some people really prefer one over the other.
    As is why Windows 8 supports both!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Windows 8 and a touch AIO
Related Threads
Hello! My laptop running windows 8.1 (not a touch screen) - I would like to know how to use the Touch Keyboard in the windows store app. I have the Yahoo Mail app downloaded from the windows store, I want to open the Touch Keyboard inside the Yahoo Mail app so that I can insert the emoji icons. ...
How to Enable or Disable Touch by Finger on Touch Screen in Windows 7 and Windows 8 This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable touch by finger on a touch screen for only your user account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1. This does not affect being able to still use a...
I was wondering if there exist any kind of touch controller (usb, or Bluetooth or other) that can be used to simulate a tablet touch screen? So the question is: is it possible to make my regular laptop become a touch controllable and be able to use the new touch futures of windows 8.1 with it?...
Windows 8 'touch-ups,' please | Windows 8 - CNET Reviews
I want to buy this mouse to better work with my laptop. Can somebody give me some feedback on how this glas pane works instead of a scrollwheel? Handling, etc.
I know that you can already play games like XCOM and Master of Orion II on Win8, but if I have a touchscreen laptop, can I incorporate touch into the game?
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook