Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Synaptics touchpad drivers at startup

  1. #1


    Posts : 10
    windows 8 pro

    Synaptics touchpad drivers at startup


    Am using windows 8 pro with the synaptics drivers on my sony vaio, but they are taking ages to load in whenever I reboot/startup my laptop.

    I was wandering if there are any tweaks I can do to make it load into my system tray quicker. I dont have many things loading at startup so I cant see what the problem is.

    I would like it to load in first rather than last.

    Thanks.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Try uninstalling Scrybe add-on( from Programs in Control Panel) and see whether it helps.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 10
    windows 8 pro


    Quote Originally Posted by brummyfan View Post
    Try uninstalling Scrybe add-on( from Programs in Control Panel) and see whether it helps.
    Haven't got scrybe add on. These drivers are from sony website and dont include scrybe.

    Thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Sorry, I shouldn't have assumed, sometimes older drivers work better than newer ones, try this version it works well for me, it might do for you as well, download version 15.0.24.0 from here: Download Compaq Mini CQ10-525DX Notebook Synaptics TouchPad Driver 15.0.24.0 for Win7 Driver for Windows 7 - Softpedia
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 10
    windows 8 pro


    Quote Originally Posted by brummyfan View Post
    Sorry, I shouldn't have assumed, sometimes older drivers work better than newer ones, try this version it works well for me, it might do for you as well, download version 15.0.24.0 from here: Download Compaq Mini CQ10-525DX Notebook Synaptics TouchPad Driver 15.0.24.0 for Win7 Driver for Windows 7 - Softpedia
    Will these drivers allow me to use the windows 8 swipe shortcuts because none of the other synaptics drivers (even the latest ones from synaptics) will let me?

    Thankyou.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    What do you mean by windows 8 swipe? is it moving the cursor to get Charms bar? I have been using this driver and I have no problems with it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 10
    windows 8 pro


    Quote Originally Posted by brummyfan View Post
    What do you mean by windows 8 swipe? is it moving the cursor to get Charms bar? I have been using this driver and I have no problems with it.
    I mean swiping from the right of the touchpad to make the charms bar appear without using the cursor, and swiping from the left to switch between apps, etc etc.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Quote Originally Posted by ordnas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brummyfan View Post
    What do you mean by windows 8 swipe? is it moving the cursor to get Charms bar? I have been using this driver and I have no problems with it.
    I mean swiping from the right of the touchpad to make the charms bar appear without using the cursor, and swiping from the left to switch between apps, etc etc.
    That will work, you can always adjust the settings of your choice for Scrolling, Tapping etc in Device setting.
    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Posts : 10
    windows 8 pro


    Quote Originally Posted by brummyfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ordnas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brummyfan View Post
    What do you mean by windows 8 swipe? is it moving the cursor to get Charms bar? I have been using this driver and I have no problems with it.
    I mean swiping from the right of the touchpad to make the charms bar appear without using the cursor, and swiping from the left to switch between apps, etc etc.
    That will work, you can always adjust the settings of your choice for Scrolling, Tapping etc in Device setting.
    Click image for larger version
    Thanks. I will give it a go.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    You're welcome.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Synaptics touchpad drivers at startup
Related Threads
Hi everyone I intended to post this one in Tablets & Touch section at first, but since this issue only occurs while using IE 11 -- I thought this may be due to some conflicts or settings change in IE 11 that is causing the issue. I am using latest WIN 8.1.1 64-bit OS. Just bought this lap 2...
So I was updating my drivers, and had wanted to update my Synaptics driver. I had removed the older version of Synaptics driver (because I was required to) and wanted to restart. My computer restarts, and I try to install the latest version of the Synaptics driver, it doesn't work. It says "install...
It seems like only the middle area of my touchpad is working, even with edgemotion disabled. Any way to make whole area usable? Didn't know where to ask this... Help appreciated :)
Hi i just did a clean intall of win 8.1 and installed all drivers etc and now my synaptich touchpad installer poops up on every boot any ideas? windows installer is set to manuel even other installers starts aswell
In Windows 7 I downloaded the latest driver from Synaptics and it gave me the option to disable the touchpad. However nothing I do has allowed me to do the same thing in Windows 8. I never get the touchpad icon in the system tray. When I go to the Mouse device in device manager it shows the...
Synaptics Touchpad Settings in Drivers & Hardware
Hello, I just got an Acer Windows 8 PC, and none of the touchpad gestures seem to be working. I have tried using several recommended third-party tools and all of them said that I didn't have the correct drivers, even after I installed all of them. I have gone to mouse --> Synaptics -->...
Hello everyone, when I first upgraded to Windows 8, everything except the accelerometer was working perfectly. Now, weeks later all of a sudden my touchpad (synaptics) stopped working. I un- and reinstalled drivers, reset windows, reinstalled windows.. nothing worked. I checked in the driver...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook