Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

Tablet Spec

  1. #11


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    If you want something more cost effective that isn't an RT tablet, my bet is that the base Surface Pro model will be 800 dollars for 64 gigs and no touch cover. Seeing as the Surface RT is so far the least expensive RT tablet, this might be true.

    I personally wouldnt buy it unless it was at least 120gb. Otherwise it just seems like another rt tablet

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,514
    Vista and Win7


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    If you want something more cost effective that isn't an RT tablet, my bet is that the base Surface Pro model will be 800 dollars for 64 gigs and no touch cover. Seeing as the Surface RT is so far the least expensive RT tablet, this might be true.
    I hope you don't call that "cheap". I just got a 32GB Nexus 7 for $230. I call that reasonable. And it is a nice tablet easy to carry around (unlike these big billboard things). For storage and offload I will use a 60GB SSD attached with the OTG. I had this SSD lying around.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    I love the android interface, along with reasonably priced tablets, but its still not a pc. If he wants a windows 8 tablet, not including the keyboard, he will probably be looking at $600-$800. If he wants an android tablet, he can get one for around $200, but he wants a tablet pc, and that gets into the intel core i series chips, instead of things like cheap Nvidia tegra 3s.

    And for the OP, I would suggest waiting around 6 months. By then, Haswell will be in nearly every ultrabook. They will be dual core, and the integrated graphics will be exponentially better. Its going to be a big change. So if you have the time, I suggest waiting and buying a tablet pc with a Haswell chip inside.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    If you want something more cost effective that isn't an RT tablet, my bet is that the base Surface Pro model will be 800 dollars for 64 gigs and no touch cover. Seeing as the Surface RT is so far the least expensive RT tablet, this might be true.
    I hope you don't call that "cheap". I just got a 32GB Nexus 7 for $230. I call that reasonable. And it is a nice tablet easy to carry around (unlike these big billboard things). For storage and offload I will use a 60GB SSD attached with the OTG. I had this SSD lying around.
    Can this run AutoCAD and Outlook?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    No; android has an ARM-based processer, meanong that it cannot run any windows programs when in android. But there is a way to install windows onto android, allowing you to use whatever programs you want. Try searching "install ubuntu on android" or "install windows on android" on the interwebs, and see what comes up. Some tablets can dual boot, but for most, you need to connect to windows via vnc-server
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Posts : 1,127
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    if you buy a PC at the Microsoft Store, it's completely clean with no bloatware at all. Just Windows. It's pretty much the only advantage of getting a PC at the MS Store. Though they will help you set it up for the first time if you like. That might be useful for people who are not computer savvy.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyvu View Post
    if you buy a PC at the Microsoft Store, it's completely clean with no bloatware at all. Just Windows. It's pretty much the only advantage of getting a PC at the MS Store. Though they will help you set it up for the first time if you like. That might be useful for people who are not computer savvy.
    True, but there are not many microsoft stores
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Posts : 1,127
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by swallowtail View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyvu View Post
    if you buy a PC at the Microsoft Store, it's completely clean with no bloatware at all. Just Windows. It's pretty much the only advantage of getting a PC at the MS Store. Though they will help you set it up for the first time if you like. That might be useful for people who are not computer savvy.
    True, but there are not many microsoft stores
    but you can buy through their online website.
    Microsoft Store Online - Welcome
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Forgot about that. Lol
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Tablet Spec
Related Threads
System Spec - Fill In Your EightForums System Spec This tutorial will show you how to fill out your EightForums system spec which will enable other members to assist you more quickly and efficiently. 1. Click User CP located top right. 46615 2. Click Edit System Spec on the left hand...
plz help i have lenovo thinkpad 2 tablet it was not running well so i decided to reset it ... but after 1 hr,it says "WINDOWS INSTALLATION FAILED PLEASE RESTART THE INSTALLATION" and it keeps on repeating the same thing... please help me ....
hello all, im getting really low fps in all my games, and even windows 8 is self feels really slow. it all happened after a blue screen i had this morning, so im wondering if anyone who reads this and with similar setups can tell me what fps they are getting. specs: intel 3770k cpu not...
Can HP TouchPad Tablet exist along side the Microsoft Windows 8 Tablet
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook