Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


How to get windows 7 logo screen on windows 8.1?

  1. #1


    By the Ocean
    Posts : 177
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64

    How to get windows 7 login screen on windows 8.1?


    The windows 8 login screen (or should I say screens) aren't that bad but I miss the simple win7 login screen. I googled "get windows 7 login screen on windows 8.1" to no avail...
    To be clear I would like the lock screen AND the windows 8 style password screen replaced with the win7 screen. Thanks
    Last edited by jagwar; 26 Dec 2014 at 18:32.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    To do that you would need an application that modifies system files. That is not something I would do. I would consider the risks unacceptable, particularly when the benefits are only cosmetic.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    By the Ocean
    Posts : 177
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64


    Quote Originally Posted by LMiller7 View Post
    To do that you would need an application that modifies system files. That is not something I would do. I would consider the risks unacceptable, particularly when the benefits are only cosmetic.
    What kind of risks are we talking about? And do you know of any programs for this?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Well, I know there is one program called 8oot, I believe. The drawback is that it only can do still, non-animated images. Give it a shot!

    Link:
    Changing Windows 8.1 Boot Logo Using 8oot Logo Changer Tool

    Sent via Blue Vivo IV Android smartphone.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    By the Ocean
    Posts : 177
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64


    Quote Originally Posted by YoloWaffle View Post
    Well, I know there is one program called 8oot, I believe. The drawback is that it only can do still, non-animated images. Give it a shot!

    Link:
    Changing Windows 8.1 Boot Logo Using 8oot Logo Changer Tool

    Sent via Blue Vivo IV Android smartphone.
    Sorry I am talking about the login screen, not the startup icon.
    But, off topic, I had tried 8oot not that long ago and it didn't work.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Jaguar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LMiller7 View Post
    To do that you would need an application that modifies system files. That is not something I would do. I would consider the risks unacceptable, particularly when the benefits are only cosmetic.
    What kind of risks are we talking about? And do you know of any programs for this?
    The potential risks of modifying system files are unpredictable.
    I have never used such a program and have no interest in doing so.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 1,720
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    You can change the default lock screen image but you can't change the 'Sign-in'/'Welcome' screen to an image; you can change the color of it but you can't replace the awful purple with an image.

    Default Lock Screen change:

    Lock Screen Default Background Image - Change in Windows 8

    Sign-in screen background color change:

    Sign in Screen - Change Background Color in Windows 8
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    By the Ocean
    Posts : 177
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    You can change the default lock screen image but you can't change the 'Sign-in'/'Welcome' screen to an image; you can change the color of it but you can't replace the awful purple with an image.

    Default Lock Screen change:

    Lock Screen Default Background Image - Change in Windows 8

    Sign-in screen background color change:

    Sign in Screen - Change Background Color in Windows 8
    I am seeking the sign in page below to replace both lock screen and sign-in screen in Windows 8.



    Is that the best you can suggest?
    With all those other tweaks out there, I'd think there would be one for this...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Posts : 1,720
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    I have read numerous bits of information on this subject:
    - one being that the sign-in/welcome screen is part of the immersive UI and just won't render an image file for display,
    - furthermore, there are, supposedly, 3 different resources from 3 different .dll files that require modification, two of which are not present in Windows 8 and up.

    So..., yeah, that's the best I can offer ya!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    By the Ocean
    Posts : 177
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64


    You can disable the lock screen AND the sign in screen right? So that you start up computer and it goes straight to desktop?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

How to get windows 7 logo screen on windows 8.1?
Related Threads
Boot up - Black Screen after HP Logo in Performance & Maintenance
When I turn on my computer and after the HP logo shows up my desktop goes to a black screen. Last night was normal as always. Any fix?
Hi there, I bought this notebook with Windows 8 preinstalled. Recently there's something bad happen to my notebook and I had to wipe all the partition and hard disk. So I downloaded Windows 8.1 ISO and make it bootable with Yumi Installer. But I cannot get default manufacturer logo on boot...
I'm using Asus VivoBook S400C with Windows 8. After i start the laptop, It goes black after the ASUS logo. :( :( I've tried use shift+F8 to go into recovery. (sometime the shift+F8 might not work, it went black after ASUS logo) Using troubleshoot's system restore. After minutes of waiting,...
Hi everyone. Yesterday I wanted to install OS X Mavericks on my HDD. It requires a primary partition, so I decided to delete the 350 MB system reserved partition that Windows 8 automatically creates when you first install it. I read this guide, which explains how to transfer all the boot files...
When booting, my windows 8.1 is slow to do load. After windows logo, it goes to a black screen for around 10 secs, then it finally logs into the Start menu. I know this is not normal becasue I have seen the system boot faster in the past, but I don't know why its doing it now. I have done a...
Hello, I recently installed drivers for my tascam us-144 on laptop running Windows 8.1. It worked for a while but sometimes the screen freezes and I have to do a hard reset. It would boot back on, but it would still randomly freeze and I would have to do another hard reset. Just last night,...
Solved Black screen ( not blue ) after boot logo in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello all, I have a problem (obviously) with my computer.. This computer is a new rig and even though i've been having Blue screens of Death at the beginning ( fixed through forum troubleshooting ), everything's been running perfectly. Here are the specs to my computer running Windows 8 Pro ...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook