Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

A-Anime...?

  1. #1


    Posts : 51
    Win 8.1 Pro

    A-Anime...?


    Is Anime a thing with members around these boards?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Pembrokeshire, South Wales, UK
    Posts : 653
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32 bit/ Windows 8.1 64 bit


    Quote Originally Posted by Reddd View Post
    Is Anime a thing with members around these boards?
    In what way do you mean ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 51
    Win 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Archer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddd View Post
    Is Anime a thing with members around these boards?
    In what way do you mean ?
    As in do many people here watch Anime? Or are there many Anime watchers here?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    United States
    Posts : 3,093
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by Reddd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Archer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddd View Post
    Is Anime a thing with members around these boards?
    In what way do you mean ?
    As in do many people here watch Anime? Or are there many Anime watchers here?
    Reddd, personally no for me. I'm an old geezer and Anime seems to target a younger crowd. I don't even care for the new Animation Domination on FOX. Not saying it is bad, just personal taste. I'm sure there must be some here that are into it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Trnava
    Posts : 683
    Win 8.1.1 Pro x64


    Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    I'm an old geezer and Anime seems to target a younger crowd.
    I used to think like you, but an anime is not a cartoon. I have learned a lot from anime about friendship, life, love or compassion. Of course that depends on the gender, I do not watch fighting or hentai (porno) anime. Colorful talks in an interesting twist about a boy's suicide and that even if a life is not perfect, people should not just let go. Nausica is kind of an ecological movie after the destruction of world because of hate, so it teaches about valuing all living beings, one of the actors is dubbed by Patrick Stewart. So yes, I love anime.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    United States
    Posts : 3,093
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by TairikuOkami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    I'm an old geezer and Anime seems to target a younger crowd.
    I used to think like you, but an anime is not a cartoon. I have learned a lot from anime about friendship, life, love or compassion. Of course that depends on the gender, I do not watch fighting or hentai (porno) anime. Colorful talks in an interesting twist about a boy's suicide and that even if a life is not perfect, people should not just let go. Nausica is kind of an ecological movie after the destruction of world because of hate, so it teaches about valuing all living beings, one of the actors is dubbed by Patrick Stewart. So yes, I love anime.
    Well, an old geezer learned something today. I always thought of Anime as a certain 2D cartoon style. Thank you for informing me there is more to it than that.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 51
    Win 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by TairikuOkami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    I'm an old geezer and Anime seems to target a younger crowd.
    I used to think like you, but an anime is not a cartoon. I have learned a lot from anime about friendship, life, love or compassion. Of course that depends on the gender, I do not watch fighting or hentai (porno) anime. Colorful talks in an interesting twist about a boy's suicide and that even if a life is not perfect, people should not just let go. Nausica is kind of an ecological movie after the destruction of world because of hate, so it teaches about valuing all living beings, one of the actors is dubbed by Patrick Stewart. So yes, I love anime.
    Yay! So what may be your favourites?

    Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TairikuOkami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    I'm an old geezer and Anime seems to target a younger crowd.
    I used to think like you, but an anime is not a cartoon. I have learned a lot from anime about friendship, life, love or compassion. Of course that depends on the gender, I do not watch fighting or hentai (porno) anime. Colorful talks in an interesting twist about a boy's suicide and that even if a life is not perfect, people should not just let go. Nausica is kind of an ecological movie after the destruction of world because of hate, so it teaches about valuing all living beings, one of the actors is dubbed by Patrick Stewart. So yes, I love anime.
    Well, an old geezer learned something today. I always thought of Anime as a certain 2D cartoon style. Thank you for informing me there is more to it than that.
    I'd be more than happy to recommend you something to watch, if you'd tell me your preferred genres
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Trnava
    Posts : 683
    Win 8.1.1 Pro x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Reddd View Post
    So may be your favourites?
    Those two as well as Brave Story and Spirited Away. Lets not forget Clannad series, I prefer happy ending.
    Other than that I watch various series. I watch them in an alphabet order, still only at E, a long way ahead.

    P.S. For anyone wondering, what an anime drama is about, watch this, a warning, you will cry.

    About parenting and kid's love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ous5RkLqA

    Do not watch this, seriously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2mcceoYIPY
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Posts : 51
    Win 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by TairikuOkami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddd View Post
    So may be your favourites?
    Those two as well as Brave Story and Spirited Away. Lets not forget Clannad series, I prefer happy ending.
    Other than that I watch various series. I watch them in an alphabet order, still only at E, a long way ahead.

    P.S. For anyone wondering, what an anime drama is about, watch this, a warning, you will cry.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2mcceoYIPY
    Ah I see!

    You see, I simply can't bring myself to watch Clannad. Why?

    For one there are too many contrasting opinions about the show. And the art style is so... prehistoric >.<

    I hadn't had heard of Brave Story until now. Seems pretty interesting!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Trnava
    Posts : 683
    Win 8.1.1 Pro x64


    Yes, Clannad movie seems a bit old, but Clannad series look better and you do not need to watch the movie.
    But I always looks behind the look, not just in movies, I watch camrips, so maybe I have not really noticed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Threads
I'm not sure if this thread goes here since im new, but if anyone can help me I would appreciate it. I got a new laptop and I wanted to watch some anime to pass time but when I start watching a video after almost two minutes the video resets itself to the beginning. I cant figure out what is wrong...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook