Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows XP making main news on Belgian Radio stations

  1. #11


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,514
    Vista and Win7


    Well, I really don't know much about that. I only hear all of Europe being upset about it - exept the UK because they do the same. And probably other services too.

    There is not one day when the topic is not in the news. The German parliament now wants to invite this guy Snowden to give them all the details. Question is whether he is not going to fool them.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    The NSA affair has gotten way out of hand. Our founding fathers would roll in their graves if they could hear what's going on today.

    The NSA doesn't need a back door. They go through the front.
    They would, except they made the mistake of allowing congressional members to serve indefinitely, effectively taking the patriarchy of England of the time and divided it up 535 different ways to screw us over 535 different ways on a daily basis...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    Well, I really don't know much about that. I only hear all of Europe being upset about it - exept the UK because they do the same. And probably other services too.

    There is not one day when the topic is not in the news. The German parliament now wants to invite this guy Snowden to give them all the details. Question is whether he is not going to fool them.
    Which is surprising how Europe is all upset about it and other countries are threatening to cut off ties from the US but yet here, everyone's all indifferent about the NSA and would rather grumble about versus DEMANDING action or at least properly protesting about. "Like this picture if you want the NSA out of facebook!" That'll show them!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,514
    Vista and Win7


    I think that is mainly because a lack of information in the US. The few sources like the Washington Post do not reach a lot of people.

    That is the advantage if you have access to news of many countries (and speaking a few languages helps). You don't only get the news that YOUR goverment prescribes. In that sense the US is a village - but not a global village.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    It's in the news daily, especially online since all the tech companies are against it. It's definitely not good for online businesses and there's a lot of them now.

    90% of the American people are ignorant or turn their heads as to what's really going on. For the sake of national security my rear!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,514
    Vista and Win7


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Posts : 446
    Win 8 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    The NSA affair has gotten way out of hand. Our founding fathers would roll in their graves if they could hear what's going on today.

    The NSA doesn't need a back door. They go through the front.
    Or window someone accidently left open...

    I saw a disclosure earlier showing that the email and VPN of the Belgian intelligence services was exploitable with HeartBleed until earlier today. Ouch. (If it wasn't a honeypot).
    Last edited by ARC1020; 13 Apr 2014 at 15:56.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Posts : 381
    Windows 8.1 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    Well, I really don't know much about that. I only hear all of Europe being upset about it - exept the UK because they do the same. And probably other services too.

    There is not one day when the topic is not in the news. The German parliament now wants to invite this guy Snowden to give them all the details. Question is whether he is not going to fool them.
    Which is surprising how Europe is all upset about it and other countries are threatening to cut off ties from the US but yet here, everyone's all indifferent about the NSA and would rather grumble about versus DEMANDING action or at least properly protesting about. "Like this picture if you want the NSA out of facebook!" That'll show them!
    I'm not sure where you get that 'indifference to the NSA', but it isn't as widespread in the US as you believe.

    I hear about it from people who work for the government, they don't like it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Posts : 381
    Windows 8.1 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    In the German news there is also a lot of chatter about the future of the Microsoft systems. The German goverment made the news warning people to move to Windows 8. This is the only report in English I have seen.
    After the German government advised not to?...
    I guess it was directed at the goverment agencies for security reasons. But since it made such a big noise in the general news, you wonder how many people feel inclined to follow that advice.

    I personally can care less. I have nothing to hide.
    Doesn't matter if you have something to hide or not. If some government official thinks you are hiding something, you will get more investigatiopn than you should be subjected to.

    Just look at the guy who fnially got an apology for the explosion at the Olympic games at Atlanta. Ooops, he had nothing to hide, as he didn't do it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Related Threads
I have a WinFast USB TV dongle which until last month played all TV stations fine using Windows 8 Media Center. For the past month, it has failed to display any BBC station. The dongle tunes to the correct station but I just get a black screen. I've retuned the stations several times to no...
I have three computers that are used for different purposes. I want to be selective on which files/folders have local copies on the different machines. Here's an outline of the system and the goals: One SkyDrive account with folders F1, F2, F3. Laptop 1 runs Win7Pro and needs local copies...
Read more at: New USB plug coming: Good news, bad news | ZDNet
In the News app, personalized news can be setup by entering a search string. These are created under Topics. Does anyone know what filter to add to have the results restricted by date (as only items for the last week) or to change the results filter to "most recent" rather than "best match". ...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook