Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Look at my speeds... LOOK AT THEM.

  1. #11


    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts : 173
    Windows 8, Windows 7


    I'd simply say "MURRICA" but the United States is pretty far behind the curve on average speed as a country.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Jealous! I would digitally eat those download speeds up!!

    Which also annoys me that the US doesn't have that high data speeds when South Korea, Japan and pretty much every other developed nation don't have a word for buffering....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Microsoft is their own ISP?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts : 173
    Windows 8, Windows 7


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    Microsoft is their own ISP?
    No, Microsoft has their own dedicated range of IP addresses.

    Code:
    NetRange:       131.107.0.0 - 131.107.255.255
    CIDR:           131.107.0.0/16
    OriginAS:       
    NetName:        MICROSOFT
    NetHandle:      NET-131-107-0-0-1
    Parent:         NET-131-0-0-0-0
    NetType:        Direct Assignment
    RegDate:        1988-11-11
    Updated:        2004-12-09
    Ref:            http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-131-107-0-0-1
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Oh, I see.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    South Coast NSW, Australia
    Posts : 615
    Windows 8.1 'Ultimate' RTM 64 bit (Pro/WMC).


    Strewth! That makes mine look terrible.Telstra (Australia) Bigpond Wireless....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Speed test 2-2-13a.PNG  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    My speeds are...er..
    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Orbiting the Moon
    Posts : 2,975
    Windows 10 x64


    So far I'm the last on the speed list... if you're nowhere, you gotta be somewhere.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts : 173
    Windows 8, Windows 7


    I updated it with a different testing location... was almost able to touch 1gig.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    Orbiting the Moon
    Posts : 2,975
    Windows 10 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by JLyman View Post
    I updated it with a different testing location... was almost able to touch 1gig.
    I'm speechless...

    It was already "faster than 99% of US". I guess the remaining 1% are the other pc's in your testing location .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Related Threads
Solved Weird Broadband Speeds!!! in Network & Sharing
I did an Ookla Broadband test on both my laptop & my pc tablet. Why would the reading be 65Mbps for my laptop & only 32Mbps for my tablet? All assistance appreciated! Thanks.
Hey everyone, I have been having trouble with my network. I recently, (2 days ago), upgraded my cable high speed internet service from 2mbps down and .2 mbps up to 15 mbps down and 2 mbps up. However, even during non peak hours, pretty much all the time, the best download speed I can get is...
I just bought a new PC (Lenovo Ideapad Y510p, Windows 8.1 home edition), and noticed that my download speeds have dramatically decreased. On my previous HP laptop running Windows 7, I was getting DL speeds of ~50Mbps, but now it is down to ~15Mbps. No difference in the router/location of the...
Checking cpu speeds in Drivers & Hardware
What is best way to ck CPU speeds ??? Do I need a 3rd party program? If so, what do you suggest?? thanks tom
Updated my system from 8 Pro x64 to 8.1 pro x64 this past weekend. Ever since speeds from my computer to other computers on our home network (some Win 7, some Win 8) and especially to my two Synology Diskstations have dropped during file transfers from averaging 70/mbps running Win 8 to 22/mbps now...
Slow USB 3 speeds. in Drivers & Hardware
I have a new Asrock H77-Pro4-M motherboard and i'm running win 8 (fresh install). I haven't added any specific drivers that i can find to enhance usb 3 from the mb website, i thought Win 8 would come with its own. Im only getting 28-30mb/sec transfer speeds from both ports and on two seperate usb...
Running W8 Pro X64 gotten from Technet. My speeds under W7 were 120/15. Now under W8 they are 35/15. I tried all types of speed tests and they all agree on 35. I've done online speedtests, file transers, usenet downloads, etc. I also notice some new parameters on W8: netsh int tcp...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook