Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Today I purchase a Phone

  1. #1

    Today I purchase a Phone


    Well I just come from my phone dealer, I go there to replace my iPhone 4s. I first look at the iPhone 5 and I was not impress at all, same thing just a little bit bigger. Then look at the Samsung ATIV S and the Galaxy Note II, I choose the Note II and here why;

    I considerate myself a Windows 8 Power User, I use it from the start, and this I think don't help to sell a Windows 8 phone, I already try about all the Metro apps that can interest me, and no one interest me that much. I think MS make a mistake to force the Metro to Windows 8 Desktop users, instead of pushing the phones sales, it make us go away from it. Honestly I will have probably get the 8 phones if I have not try the apps on the PC first. I pass 1 hour to ask myself, what the 8 phone can do more , and I found nothing. All true the tiles look way better on the phone than a desktop, the dynamic background of the Android is simply too much amazing.

    So Microsoft, why a guy who are using Windows 8 since over a year, and don't have to much complain about it, is not even purchasing one of your phones ? You have to return to the drawing board, something is missing for sure.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 446
    Win 8 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by molebo View Post
    You have to return to the drawing board, something is missing for sure.
    Sure is. The ability to sync directly with Microsoft Outlook for starters.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3



    I am Woman! Hear Me Roar!
    NJ
    Posts : 1,116
    4 Windows 7 Pro Sp1- 4 Win 8 Pro, 1- xp pro sp3


    yep
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Strathpine, Queensland
    Posts : 179
    Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by molebo View Post
    I first look at the iPhone 5 and I was not impress at all
    About time someone recognizes that the iPhone 5 isn't impressing, lmfao.

    Samsung ATIV S and the Galaxy Note II, I choose the Note II
    Good choice if you enjoy Android, and trust me it's worth every second if you know what you're doing "hacking" wise.

    **Windows 8 phone**
    Sir, it's Windows Phone 8, not Windows 8 on phone. There's a MASSIVE difference in every aspect as they are completely different operating systems.

    You have to return to the drawing board, something is missing for sure.
    Nothing is missing. Windows Phone has been almost perfect since the Windows Mobile 6.2 days. It has one of the most stunningly beautiful interfaces for such a complex OS, and is one of the more versatile and most centralized social layouts that any Smartphone Operating System has.

    I do endorse Android, but I quite simply say that Windows Phone 7 right through to Windows Phone 8 is simply stunning for people who have a Windows Phone device as a social hub for on the go calling or long use social networking.

    You chose Android though, enjoy one of the best Open Source Operating Systems ever.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Quote Originally Posted by CeejayMode View Post

    You have to return to the drawing board, something is missing for sure.
    Nothing is missing. Windows Phone has been almost perfect since the Windows Mobile 6.2 days.
    I was referring to the fact that MS unify Windows 8 Metro Apps on the desktop to make us purchase more tablets and phones, and this is a fail so they have to re think their stupid idea.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Strathpine, Queensland
    Posts : 179
    Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by molebo View Post
    I was referring to the fact that MS unify Windows 8 Metro Apps on the desktop to make us purchase more tablets and phones, and this is a fail so they have to re think their stupid idea.
    True. Although, some Metro UI desktop apps aren't bad, but it does get rather annoying having to boot into the "Start Screen" full of Metro Tiles, and the top left and right corners get annoying when the recents and Charm Bar show up. I'm partially disappointed with Microsoft there.

    Personally I own a Samsung Focus running Windows Phone 7.8 (basically Windows 8 stripped down) and a HTC Droid DNA running Android 4.2.1 Jellybean, rooted and running ParanoidAndroid. I prefer the Windows Phone for my daily use as I use social networking a lot at school in free time, but the Droid DNA takes the bait in every other aspect, except boot time
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Quote Originally Posted by CeejayMode View Post
    and the top left and right corners get annoying when the recents and Charm Bar show up. I'm partially disappointed with Microsoft there.
    this is my main complain; you have to install a third apps to disable it. As for booting on the metro start page, I have 0 issue with it. And frankly I have not yet find a Metro Apps that I like. I use only the PDF reader and I will have prefer it as a desktop apps.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    I am in the same boat as the OP. I have an iPhone 4S that I need to replace. I bought it second hand two or three months ago from a friend, and it's already on the fritz. It's in decent condition so I think I could still get a good trade in value from of it. But here's the rub. I'm not sure I really want the iPhone 5. I've been looking at the Galaxy S3 and the Note II. I'm quite heavily invested in iOS apps, so that is a plus for the iPhone 5. And my text messages and call history will transfer directly to a new iPhone. But the Samsung Android phones have a much larger display. I certainly would've gotten a new phone by now if it wasn't so hard to make a choice.

    BTW, I just dictated this post on my 3rd generation iPad. I'm not an Apple fan, but I will give credit where it's due.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Strathpine, Queensland
    Posts : 179
    Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by molebo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CeejayMode View Post
    and the top left and right corners get annoying when the recents and Charm Bar show up. I'm partially disappointed with Microsoft there.
    this is my main complain; you have to install a third apps to disable it. As for booting on the metro start page, I have 0 issue with it. And frankly I have not yet find a Metro Apps that I like. I use only the PDF reader and I will have prefer it as a desktop apps.
    Agreed, there aren't a lot of Metro UI apps that are really appealing, unless you enjoy reading cookbooks or magazines -.-
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Strathpine, Queensland
    Posts : 179
    Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by skallal View Post
    I am in the same boat as the OP. I have an iPhone 4S that I need to replace. I bought it second hand two or three months ago from a friend, and it's already on the fritz. It's in decent condition so I think I could still get a good trade in value from of it. But here's the rub. I'm not sure I really want the iPhone 5. I've been looking at the Galaxy S3 and the Note II. I'm quite heavily invested in iOS apps, so that is a plus for the iPhone 5. And my text messages and call history will transfer directly to a new iPhone. But the Samsung Android phones have a much larger display. I certainly would've gotten a new phone by now if it wasn't so hard to make a choice.

    BTW, I just dictated this post on my 3rd generation iPad. I'm not an Apple fan, but I will give credit where it's due.
    You'll be surprised by the user experience on Android powered Samsung smartphones. Best part is, they also integrate with Samsung TVs and appliances, which is nice, and the whole design is flawless.

    iOS is fairly sophisticated and easy to use, but at a much less developer friendly punch in the face. Apple blocked out nearly all developer option points in iOS, meaning that a jailbreak is the only way to get any sort of system tweaking onboard.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Threads
I have a Dell XPS 8700 Quad Core I was looking at this card but have no idea if it's compatible with my motherboard. XFX FX-775A-ZNP4 Radeon HD 7750 Core Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Newegg.com Any info is appreciated!
Source: Facebook for Windows Phone gets a big update today | Blogging Windows
A few purchase parameters in Drivers & Hardware
My current Thinkpad T61 is 6 years old & without going into details, it's telegraphing it's time to replace. Having gone through this drill many times I've fairly well learned what to look for and pay for in a new machine (I will be staying with the Thinkpad--since the machine largely stays home...
Hello, I'm experiencing this error while im trying to install any app from the store. Earlier i had installed few applications and something changed i believe. I have not been able to install apps from quite a while now. The only error i see is this :( "Purchase error This app isn't available...
I know it's not a Beta, but with Win7, it carried on working for a long time after launch and was cheap to purchase for the Beta testers. What happens this time round?
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook