Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


December 21st 2012 - Nothing Happened!

  1. #1

    December 21st 2012 - Nothing Happened!


    Feel free to post what is happening today. (Maybe on US is still December 20th 2012, but in Indonesia it's already December 21st.)

    Do you believe on 21 December 2012 phenomenon/apocalypse/Doomsday?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Nothing here. Still as normal (or abnormal) as American apple pie here in Chicagoland anyway.

    We are starting to receive our first winter snow this afternoon, which won't amount to much. It's been unseasonably warm here this year.

    No. I don't believe in such things, although a huge asteroid might collide again or a supervolcano may explode. That would be a "B"!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 55
    windows 7 x86,7 x64, 8 x64, xp


    maybe at the mayans time zone?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Some people at work figured this would equate to 9am EST on the 21st....so about 28 hours from now. Not sure how much they actually know about Mayan history.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 446
    Win 8 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
    Some people at work figured this would equate to 9am EST on the 21st....so about 28 hours from now. Not sure how much they actually know about Mayan history.
    I though the Mayans were from Central America area? If so, I'm guessing they'll be in the same time zone as Chicago/Houston (which I believe is Central Time)?

    Anyway, for anyone who has Mayan friends, at least you know what to get them for Christmas.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    I don't think mayan's predict the doomsday, they just changing their Baktun (Long Count Calendar every 394 years)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Nothing here. Still as normal (or abnormal) as American apple pie here in Chicagoland anyway.

    We are starting to receive our first winter snow this afternoon, which won't amount to much. It's been unseasonably warm here this year.

    No. I don't believe in such things, although a huge asteroid might collide again or a supervolcano may explode. That would be a "B"!
    Odd, in Indonesia it seems that the climate is fixed from 2011 and 2010.
    In 2012: 50% Rain 50% Sun
    In 2011: 80% Rain 20% Sun
    In 2010: 5% Rain 95% Sun
    Conclusion: 2010 was the hottest and most cranky year ever!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Weren't the Mayans the people who tore the hearts out of their enemies and ate them believing that it would give them the strength of their enemies? Yeah, I'm going to listen to anything they predicted....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Quote Originally Posted by MrShowdown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Nothing here. Still as normal (or abnormal) as American apple pie here in Chicagoland anyway.

    We are starting to receive our first winter snow this afternoon, which won't amount to much. It's been unseasonably warm here this year.

    No. I don't believe in such things, although a huge asteroid might collide again or a supervolcano may explode. That would be a "B"!
    Odd, in Indonesia it seems that the climate is fixed from 2011 and 2010.
    In 2012: 50% Rain 50% Sun
    In 2011: 80% Rain 20% Sun
    In 2010: 5% Rain 95% Sun
    Conclusion: 2010 was the hottest and most cranky year ever!
    I found that the mobile Wikipedia is featuring this article about December 21 on the opening page.

    2012 phenomenon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    It seems the Maya never mentioned a doomsday after all, at least in that article.

    Well, I've been living here for 61 years and I can tell you that the weather has definitely changed, both in temperature and moisture. This year we had an extremely hot and dry Summer with drought, and a very warm Autumn which lead into a mild winter. All in all, I'd say it is definitely getting warmer with less rain and snow. Global warming caused by mankind? I dunno. Everything in nature cycles. Whose to say the global warming or cooling doesn't cycle, let's say, 100,000 years? We don't have records to know. I think we should start moving towards renewable energy, though.

    Weren't the Mayans the people who tore the hearts out of their enemies and ate them believing that it would give them the strength of their enemies? Yeah, I'm going to listen to anything they predicted....
    You hang here and find that weird?!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Well, if the world does end, I'll probably be sleeping through it...

    No, I don't believe it. It's a stupidly idiotic, overhyped, over-rated, much akin to an apple product event that isn't what it really means. The Mayans had their calendars designed to have increments, or periods of time. When one period ended, it was the dawn of a new era. It seems no one has accounted for the fact that when said calendar was found, they were probably being slaughtered by the Spaniards, or there are more calendars yet to be unearth.

    Actually, I think I recently read something about how some archeologists discovered some Mayan calendars that pointed out that the end isn't even close, more like thousands of years away.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Related Threads
Join the discussion at: :) Windows 10: The next chapter - 21st Jan Live event Discussion
Hello, Ive had some BSOD crashes saying watchdog error everytime. This all started occurring after I updated windows(the December update) and everyday I will crash at least once. I thought it was due to a game(league of legends) but I then found out it restarted while I was at work while it was...
Source...
More...
Read more at source: Windows 8 market share jumped in December | ZDNet
Read more at source: Rebuilding windows for the 21st century | ZDNet
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook