Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Is Windows 8 available?

  1. #1


    United States
    Posts : 650
    Windows 8.1 Pro, iOS 7.1, Elementary OS

    Is Windows 8 available?


    Windows 8 Redirect:
    A new era of PCs built for Windows 8 and Windows RT will be available shortly. You'll be able to buy and download Windows 8 Pro, or get the software package at online retailers and in stores.
    If you can't wait to find your next PC, check out our Tablet and PC buying guide.
    Come back soonówe can't wait either!

    According to the site, in US, I get this message when I try and upgrade my Windows 7 PC.

    Anyway to upgrade without a Proffesional copy?

    So, Is Windows 8 available yet?
    I am in the centeral time zone of the United States, with the 140 countries, it troughs me off.


    Windows 8 Pro Media Center Pack:
    Here is a free link I thought you'd guys like to see:
    Add features - Microsoft Windows

    It allows you to recieve a free copy of Windows 8 Pro Media Center add-on.
    With email and human verification.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    On the launch earlier they said it would be available at midnight.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    United States
    Posts : 650
    Windows 8.1 Pro, iOS 7.1, Elementary OS


    Quote Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
    On the launch earlier they said it would be available at midnight.
    Thanks, z3r010!
    Marked as solved.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    127.0.0.1
    Posts : 144
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64


    Windows 8 is available now through DreamSpark for college students for $0.00 (yes, it actually lists a price like that XD) (depending if your college is in the program, which the one I attend is).

    "Microsoft Windows 8 Professional 64-bit (English)" is downloading on my PC right now, can't wait for it to finish .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    United States
    Posts : 650
    Windows 8.1 Pro, iOS 7.1, Elementary OS


    Quote Originally Posted by Windows 8 View Post
    Windows 8 is available now through DreamSpark for college students for $0.00 (yes, it actually lists a price like that XD) (depending if your college is in the program, which the one I attend is).

    "Microsoft Windows 8 Professional 64-bit (English)" is downloading on my PC right now, can't wait for it to finish .
    Yes, as my brother attends a local collage and has DreamSpark. I also wanted to ask if I may use his or is it only available for his use?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    127.0.0.1
    Posts : 144
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64


    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrantFitz View Post
    Yes, as my brother attends a local collage and has DreamSpark. I also wanted to ask if I may use his or is it only available for his use?
    I am no lawyer, but from a legal perspective, it is licensed for his use only on a computer with a Microsoft CoA (I read some of the EULA).

    Section 3b of DreamSpark EULA. I bolded and underlined the part relevant to your question.
    Installation and Use Rights. You may install and use on your devices no more than two copies of each of the software offerings made available to you through the Student Subscription, but only (a) to support your education; (b) in non-commercial research; or (c) to design, develop, test, and demonstrate software programs for the above purposes. The Student Subscription and software are personal to you. You may not permit others to access the software using your Student Subscription. You may not transfer your Student Subscription.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    United States
    Posts : 650
    Windows 8.1 Pro, iOS 7.1, Elementary OS


    Quote Originally Posted by Windows 8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrantFitz View Post
    Yes, as my brother attends a local collage and has DreamSpark. I also wanted to ask if I may use his or is it only available for his use?
    I am no lawyer, but from a legal perspective, it is licensed for his use only on a computer with a Microsoft CoA (I read some of the EULA).

    Section 3b of DreamSpark EULA. I bolded and underlined the part relevant to your question.
    Installation and Use Rights. You may install and use on your devices no more than two copies of each of the software offerings made available to you through the Student Subscription, but only (a) to support your education; (b) in non-commercial research; or (c) to design, develop, test, and demonstrate software programs for the above purposes. The Student Subscription and software are personal to you. You may not permit others to access the software using your Student Subscription. You may not transfer your Student Subscription.
    Thanks!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook