Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


whea_uncorrectable_error bsod after hardware upgrade

  1. #11


    Posts : 19
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Is there anyway i can check that? and also, the motherboard, cpu and two of the ram sticks came in an upgrade package as a bundle, so i would at least hope they would work well together..

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12



    BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst
    Posts : 2,274
    Windows 10 Pro


    As a test, update the CPU drivers and uninstall eset via the eset uninstall tool.

    Cant post a link as im via mobile.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Posts : 19
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    As a test, update the CPU drivers and uninstall eset via the eset uninstall tool.

    Cant post a link as im via mobile.
    Okey, thanks. Im downloading now, then ill install, restart and try to replicate the bsod by running 2x1080p youtube videos like i did earlier today. ill report back as soon as something happens.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Posts : 19
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    I also had a windows update i was missing, installed that to. the 1080p videos ran for about 40min before i got another bsod, was not sitting at my computer when it happened so i didn't see the message, and i also noticed i got another bsod when the computer was restarting (sry but was not paying to much attention, so didn't see the message there either). After that my computer just started crashing at the log inn screen and just kept restarting until i turned it off manually. When i bootet it up again now, everything seems fine. Also the dump file didn't show up in BluseScreenView, but i found it. Attachment 63296

    Edit: Its getting late, so I'm going to bed now, but ill be checking here first thing in the morning.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Posts : 19
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Going out to buy an SSD now, then doing a fresh install of windows 8 pro when i get back, to see if it helps.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16



    BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst
    Posts : 2,274
    Windows 10 Pro


    If you have installed the ssd + windows on it and get a new bsod, please upload a new zip file using the DM Log collector Tool.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Posts : 19
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    If you have installed the ssd + windows on it and get a new bsod, please upload a new zip file using the DM Log collector Tool.
    Done with the install, just have some small things left to fix, and then ill stress test it by 3dmark and 2x1080p videos like i did before. post back here when and if something happens.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Posts : 19
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Nope, still got bsod form doing the 2x1080p video thing. so here is the updated files: Attachment 63311
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19



    BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst
    Posts : 2,274
    Windows 10 Pro


    The AMD cpu is the cause of the crash, have you changed any settings in the bios for your cpu like overclocking?
    Code:
    ********************************************************************************                                                                             *
    *                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
    *                                                                             *
    *******************************************************************************
    
    
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
    A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
    source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
    WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
    Arg2: ffffe00002836028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
    Arg3: 00000000b6000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
    Arg4: 0000000000100153, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
    
    
    Debugging Details:
    ------------------
    
    
    
    
    BUGCHECK_STR:  0x124_AuthenticAMD
    
    
    CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1
    
    
    DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
    
    
    PROCESS_NAME:  firefox.exe
    
    
    CURRENT_IRQL:  f
    
    
    ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17336 (debuggers(dbg).150226-1500) amd64fre
    
    
    STACK_TEXT:  
    ffffd000`20660da8 fffff802`a1fd2c9f : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 ffffe000`02836028 00000000`b6000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
    ffffd000`20660db0 fffff802`a19d3d41 : 00000000`00000001 ffffe000`003acdf0 ffffe000`003acdf0 ffffe000`02836028 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0xcf
    ffffd000`20660df0 fffff802`a1fd312c : 00000000`00000728 00000000`00000002 ffffd000`206611b0 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x22d
    ffffd000`20660e50 fffff802`a1fd3499 : ffffe000`00000010 ffffe000`003acdf0 ffffd000`20660ff8 ffffe000`003acdf0 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x50
    ffffd000`20660fa0 fffff802`a1fd3384 : ffffe000`003ac780 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerCore+0xe1
    ffffd000`20660ff0 fffff802`a1fd3758 : ffffe000`003ac780 ffffd000`20661230 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0xe4
    ffffd000`20661030 fffff802`a19747bb : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x49
    ffffd000`20661060 fffff802`a1974571 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x7b
    ffffd000`206611a0 00000000`5e3cd6b1 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x171
    00000000`3527f420 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x5e3cd6b1
    
    
    
    
    STACK_COMMAND:  kb
    
    
    FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner
    
    
    MODULE_NAME: AuthenticAMD
    
    
    IMAGE_NAME:  AuthenticAMD
    
    
    DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0
    
    
    IMAGE_VERSION:  
    
    
    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE
    
    
    BUCKET_ID:  0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE
    
    
    ANALYSIS_SOURCE:  KM
    
    
    FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING:  km:0x124_authenticamd_processor_cache
    
    
    FAILURE_ID_HASH:  {b533751b-676e-7546-bcdc-24e6c40d0064}
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    Posts : 19
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    The AMD cpu is the cause of the crash, have you changed any settings in the bios for your cpu like overclocking?
    Code:
    ********************************************************************************                                                                             *
    *                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
    *                                                                             *
    *******************************************************************************
    
    
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
    A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
    source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
    WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
    Arg2: ffffe00002836028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
    Arg3: 00000000b6000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
    Arg4: 0000000000100153, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
    
    
    Debugging Details:
    ------------------
    
    
    
    
    BUGCHECK_STR:  0x124_AuthenticAMD
    
    
    CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1
    
    
    DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
    
    
    PROCESS_NAME:  firefox.exe
    
    
    CURRENT_IRQL:  f
    
    
    ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17336 (debuggers(dbg).150226-1500) amd64fre
    
    
    STACK_TEXT:  
    ffffd000`20660da8 fffff802`a1fd2c9f : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 ffffe000`02836028 00000000`b6000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
    ffffd000`20660db0 fffff802`a19d3d41 : 00000000`00000001 ffffe000`003acdf0 ffffe000`003acdf0 ffffe000`02836028 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0xcf
    ffffd000`20660df0 fffff802`a1fd312c : 00000000`00000728 00000000`00000002 ffffd000`206611b0 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x22d
    ffffd000`20660e50 fffff802`a1fd3499 : ffffe000`00000010 ffffe000`003acdf0 ffffd000`20660ff8 ffffe000`003acdf0 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x50
    ffffd000`20660fa0 fffff802`a1fd3384 : ffffe000`003ac780 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerCore+0xe1
    ffffd000`20660ff0 fffff802`a1fd3758 : ffffe000`003ac780 ffffd000`20661230 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0xe4
    ffffd000`20661030 fffff802`a19747bb : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x49
    ffffd000`20661060 fffff802`a1974571 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x7b
    ffffd000`206611a0 00000000`5e3cd6b1 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x171
    00000000`3527f420 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x5e3cd6b1
    
    
    
    
    STACK_COMMAND:  kb
    
    
    FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner
    
    
    MODULE_NAME: AuthenticAMD
    
    
    IMAGE_NAME:  AuthenticAMD
    
    
    DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0
    
    
    IMAGE_VERSION:  
    
    
    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE
    
    
    BUCKET_ID:  0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE
    
    
    ANALYSIS_SOURCE:  KM
    
    
    FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING:  km:0x124_authenticamd_processor_cache
    
    
    FAILURE_ID_HASH:  {b533751b-676e-7546-bcdc-24e6c40d0064}
    Nope, haven't changed anything in the bios, but i guess ill restart then set the bios to default to be sure, then test again?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
whea_uncorrectable_error bsod after hardware upgrade
Related Threads
BSOD whea_uncorrectable_error in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello. I have been getting random BSOD while i surf on the internet. This is not the first time it happen. this is +15 times now and it broke my PC 3 times. i had to waste my whole time to re-format my PC 3 times. The BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR is extremely dangerous because it can broke...
I just purchased an Asus Q501LA-BSI5. I had a relatively tight budget, I tried it out and I like it. I intend on dual booting chromium and/or linux on it. For the time being, it is more than powerful enough, from what I can tell.... however... Should I want to upgrade to say, an I7 or install a...
I found this article while browsing another forum. Very interesting and a very good read on the upgrade to 8.1 with hardware that's not that old. In particular the compatibility with CMPXCHG16b with CPU/s and MOBO's. New Windows 8.1 requirements strand some users on Windows 8 | PCWorld
Solved Near Daily BSOD Since Hardware Upgrade in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
So for the longest time I was on my Bloomfield i7 920 processor and with a sale on newegg for the new Haswell i7 4770k I decided to take the plunge and upgrade. I reformatted my SSD and reinstalled everything, however ever since, I have been getting BSODs almost every day. Sometimes it is the...
I got the Win 8 pro upgrade and since I am getting a nice refund for taxes I am buying an new motherboard cpu and ram. What I would like to know is am I still going to be able to use the Upgrade on the new hardware? I can install win 7 first then do an upgrade if need be. Will I have to do...
Hardware Upgrade in Drivers & Hardware
Hey all, So basically i have just ordered a new CPU/Mobo combo, so i will be moving from my Q6600 Core2/P5G41T-M LX3 to the new i5 3570k/P8Z77-v LX. I hope this is a good setup to get, considering my GPU seems to be slightly bottlenecked and the CPU is only a few years old now. Anyway,...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook