Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

Gradual Freeze

  1. #1

    Gradual Freeze


    Hi

    I'm getting Windows 8 freezes, usually while playing video where the video file crashes with the sound going into a loop. Sometimes CtrAltDelete brings up the options but the task manager does not appear. All apps become unresponsive but I can move the mouse.

    Any help much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Joe

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 15
    Windows 8 Beta


    Having same problem:
    https://www.eightforums.com/crashes-d...-anything.html

    Ironically my name is also Joe.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Quote Originally Posted by cryosin View Post
    Having same problem:
    https://www.eightforums.com/crashes-d...-anything.html

    Ironically my name is also Joe.

    Please start your own thread.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Quote Originally Posted by jomardl View Post
    Hi

    I'm getting Windows 8 freezes, usually while playing video where the video file crashes with the sound going into a loop. Sometimes CtrAltDelete brings up the options but the task manager does not appear. All apps become unresponsive but I can move the mouse.

    Any help much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Joe
    These were related to a DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION. Very similar to this

    STOP 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT troubleshtg - Windows 7 Forums
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Thanks, I read through that thread. It's a relatively new system and since installing Win 8, I have had the DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION/BSOD but this was solved by getting rid of AVG. PC was running fine for about a month so all I can think is that it has to do with recent software installations.

    This error does not end in a BSOD.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Still crashing? please upload the new DMPS
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 15
    Windows 8 Beta


    Quote Originally Posted by jomardl View Post
    Thanks, I read through that thread. It's a relatively new system and since installing Win 8, I have had the DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION/BSOD but this was solved by getting rid of AVG. PC was running fine for about a month so all I can think is that it has to do with recent software installations.

    This error does not end in a BSOD.
    I also uninstalled some software and there was a new update released. After that I haven't experienced the crash again. I cannot comment on which one may have fixed it(if its fixed at all), but the problem seems to be gone.

    And Zigzag I did make my own thread, I just posted since it was a similar issue.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    I had a failing hard disk. Not my primary drive, just an old backup drive. Since disabling it, it hasn't happened again. It could also have something to do with NexusFont software I am running. Let's see what happens...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Attachment 6542

    Still crashing in the same way from time to time.


    - Before it crashes, icons in the Start Menu would go funny like in the attachment.

    - After the latest reboot, the icons are now permanently in this weird state.

    - Might have something to do with Suitcase or Font Nexus?

    Please can't someone help?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Gradual Freeze
Related Threads
Freeze in General Support
PC just froze and a drone sound out of the speakers. Had to hold the button in to restart. Not good eh. Was on the net at the time. Restarted and running ok at this point.
Freeze for a min or two in Browsers & Mail
Hi am having a problem with chrome I am hoping someone can help me with. Chrome keeps freezing my pc but only for a minute or two then back to normal. This happens regardless of what extensions or apps I have enabled or installed also no conflicts are shown. I have herd that my realtek driver might...
minidump freeze in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello All, I am getting a similar problem to a lot of the posts here. am running Win8 Intel Quad Core Q6600. PC either doesn't boot or crashes shortly after. 3 main messages I get are listed below Can anyone help?...
Solved Gradual Deterioration in Installation & Setup
Hi, I was given and Acer Aspire 5520 - Acer Support: Aspire 5520 Series Specifications - some time ago which had Ubuntu installed. I used it like that for a year or so, but want to run a Windows based database program so I purchase a Windows 8 DVD and installed it. Worked like a charm, for a couple...
My W8 freeze in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
I need your help,my w8 freeze,,,pls
Freeze in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
For a pre-Beta, Win 8 is impressive, but it freezes after a period of time - often while in media player. The O/S has been clean installed, over installed and refresh installed repeatedly. Search is disabled via services.msc. Live tiles and various contact-the-net or sharing options are also...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook