Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+1509a0

  1. #1


    Posts : 5
    Windows 8.1

    BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+1509a0


    Hey guys,

    today I started encountering a BSOD...
    I think the BSOD came after I did a windows update but I'm not really sure if it's because of the
    windows update. The BSOD came after about 10 mins when I was logged into a game and played.
    If I don't play at all my PC doesn't seem to crash.

    Anyway the dumps are in the attachments I hope you guys are able to help me. If you need any
    more information please ask me.

    System Restoration to a point before the Windows Update didn't help since there was a message telling me
    it was unsuccessfull.

    :::UPDATE:::
    So I tried a few things and found out that my hard drive (which was at 100% usage a lot of times)
    is causing the BSOD. I've done a stress test and it seems like that the hard drive is the issue but I'm
    not really sure I still need you help this information might help you but I'm not sure since there were
    no BSODs before.
    Last edited by IHateBSOD; 26 Mar 2015 at 13:33. Reason: more information (update)

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    India
    Posts : 2,097
    Windows 8.1 Industry Pro B-)


    Hi IhateBSOD & welcome to the forums ^_^,

    I am sorry for the delayed response. Too much workload and there are very few analysts over here who are active
    I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
    An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
    caused by drivers using improper addresses. If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
    Code:
    Arguments:
    Arg1: ffffe04017aaaa20, memory referenced
    Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
    Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
     bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
     bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
    Arg4: fffff803f4ed5a0c, address which referenced memory
    Fortunately, we have the kernel debugger with us (WinDBG ^_^ ), so let's check the stack backtrace -
    Code:
    0: kd> knL
     # Child-SP          RetAddr           Call Site
    00 ffffd000`23171b88 fffff803`f4f684e9 nt!KeBugCheckEx
    01 ffffd000`23171b90 fffff803`f4f66d3a nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
    02 ffffd000`23171cd0 fffff803`f4ed5a0c nt!KiPageFault+0x23a
    03 ffffd000`23171e60 fffff803`f4f24b9b nt!MiRestoreTransitionPte+0x204
    04 ffffd000`23171fa0 fffff803`f4f7b115 nt!MiRemoveLowestPriorityStandbyPage+0x1b7
    05 ffffd000`23172030 fffff803`f4e5da45 nt!MiRemoveLowestPriorityStandbyPage+0xe265
    06 ffffd000`231720a0 fffff803`f4e5d41f nt!MmCopyToCachedPage+0x225
    07 ffffd000`23172410 fffff803`f4ef7084 nt!CcMapAndCopyInToCache+0x21f
    08 ffffd000`23172500 fffff800`eb5106cc nt!CcCopyWriteEx+0x260
    09 ffffd000`231725a0 fffff800`eb005610 Ntfs+0xeb6cc
    0a ffffd000`23172820 fffff800`eb005cbd fltmgr!FltpPerformFastIoCall+0x1f0
    0b ffffd000`23172880 fffff800`eb02baa0 fltmgr!FltpPassThroughFastIo+0xbd
    0c ffffd000`231728e0 fffff803`f5229570 fltmgr!FltpFastIoWrite+0x150
    0d ffffd000`23172990 fffff803`f4f681b3 nt!NtWriteFile+0x410
    0e ffffd000`23172a90 00007ffd`89f80e0a nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
    0f 00000000`04a8faf8 00000000`00000000 0x00007ffd`89f80e0a
    So, we see that the kernel was removing the pages (Chunks of data on hard disk stored for later use) but then it encountered a page fault and the system crashed . We also see NTFS.sys doing copy and write operation to the cache.
    In other dump files, disk operations were being performed although Memory Corruption has been blamed as well. Now, in your latest dump file, I found that you have been stress testing the system -
    Code:
    PROCESS_NAME:  HeavyLoad.exe
    Code:
    0: kd> !pte ffffe04017aaaa20
                                               VA ffffe04017aaaa20
    PXE at FFFFF6FB7DBEDE00    PPE at FFFFF6FB7DBC0800    PDE at FFFFF6FB781005E8    PTE at FFFFF6F0200BD550
    contains 0000000000F66863  contains 0000000000000000
    GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff803f516f104
    pfn f66       ---DA--KWEV  not valid
    So, the address was completely invalid as well.


    Below is a list of 3rd party drivers present on your system -
    Code:
    **************************Thu Mar 26 23:52:29.684 2015 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
    gdrv.sys                    Fri Mar 13 08:52:29 2009 (49B9D175)
    truecrypt.sys               Tue Feb  7 14:39:36 2012 (4F30EA50)
    speedfan.sys                Sun Dec 30 02:29:35 2012 (50DF59B7)
    npf.sys                     Fri Mar  1 07:01:24 2013 (513004EC)
    intelppm.sys                Thu Aug 22 14:16:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
    TeeDriverx64.sys            Thu Sep  5 23:32:18 2013 (5228C72A)
    AppleCharger.sys            Mon Oct 28 07:29:21 2013 (526DC4F9)
    xhcdrv.sys                  Wed Dec 11 08:03:48 2013 (52A7CF0C)
    ViaHub3.sys                 Wed Dec 11 08:03:53 2013 (52A7CF11)
    iwdbus.sys                  Fri Mar 14 03:29:14 2014 (53222A32)
    iaStorA.sys                 Sat May  3 04:36:56 2014 (53642510)
    RTKVHD64.sys                Wed May 14 15:58:52 2014 (53734564)
    Rt630x64.sys                Tue Jun 17 17:26:46 2014 (53A02CFE)
    nvhda64v.sys                Thu Oct  9 22:32:27 2014 (5436BFA3)
    nvvad64v.sys                Thu Nov 20 21:03:54 2014 (546E09E2)
    NvStreamKms.sys             Mon Jan 12 23:26:42 2015 (54B40ADA)
    VBoxNetFlt.sys              Thu Feb 12 21:23:22 2015 (54DCCC72)
    VBoxUSBMon.sys              Thu Feb 12 21:23:22 2015 (54DCCC72)
    VBoxNetAdp.sys              Thu Feb 12 21:23:22 2015 (54DCCC72)
    VBoxDrv.sys                 Thu Feb 12 21:24:32 2015 (54DCCCB8)
    nvlddmkm.sys                Fri Mar 13 21:09:56 2015 (550304CC)
    ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии``
    **************************Thu Mar 26 22:14:47.459 2015 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
    PLTGC.sys                   Fri Apr 12 14:15:13 2013 (5167C999)
    ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии``
    **************************Thu Mar 26 20:53:33.350 2015 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
    nvhda64v.sys                Thu Nov 28 19:08:09 2013 (52974741)
    nvlddmkm.sys                Wed Sep 10 22:34:29 2014 (5410849D)
    ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии``
    **************************Thu Mar 26 19:55:32.673 2015 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
    etdrv.sys                   Fri Mar 20 08:29:06 2009 (49C3067A)
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=gdrv.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=truecrypt.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=speedfan.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=npf.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TeeDriverx64.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AppleCharger.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=xhcdrv.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ViaHub3.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iwdbus.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvhda64v.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvvad64v.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NvStreamKms.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VBoxNetFlt.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VBoxUSBMon.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VBoxNetAdp.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VBoxDrv.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=PLTGC.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvhda64v.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=etdrv.sys

    Kindly follow the below steps -

    1. Kindly remove Gigabyte Easy Saver Utility (gdrv.sys) as it is known to cause problems.
    2. I would suggest you to remove the TrueCrypt as well since it is known to cause problems and is also not secure (**SOURCE**).
    3. If you are still facing the problems, I would suggest you to perform the free Hardware Diagnostics over here (Thanks Usasma!) - http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html



    Start with the Hard Drive Diagnostics and then check your RAM and then complete the rest of the steps. While doing the tests, kindly keep an eye on the temperatures of the system and report them back (Before and during the tests).

    Let me know how it goes ^_^

    -Pranav
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 5
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by blueelvis View Post
    Hi IhateBSOD & welcome to the forums ^_^,

    I am sorry for the delayed response. Too much workload and there are very few analysts over here who are active
    I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
    An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
    caused by drivers using improper addresses. If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
    Code:
    Arguments:
    Arg1: ffffe04017aaaa20, memory referenced
    Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
    Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
     bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
     bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
    Arg4: fffff803f4ed5a0c, address which referenced memory
    Fortunately, we have the kernel debugger with us (WinDBG ^_^ ), so let's check the stack backtrace -
    Code:
    0: kd> knL
     # Child-SP          RetAddr           Call Site
    00 ffffd000`23171b88 fffff803`f4f684e9 nt!KeBugCheckEx
    01 ffffd000`23171b90 fffff803`f4f66d3a nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
    02 ffffd000`23171cd0 fffff803`f4ed5a0c nt!KiPageFault+0x23a
    03 ffffd000`23171e60 fffff803`f4f24b9b nt!MiRestoreTransitionPte+0x204
    04 ffffd000`23171fa0 fffff803`f4f7b115 nt!MiRemoveLowestPriorityStandbyPage+0x1b7
    05 ffffd000`23172030 fffff803`f4e5da45 nt!MiRemoveLowestPriorityStandbyPage+0xe265
    06 ffffd000`231720a0 fffff803`f4e5d41f nt!MmCopyToCachedPage+0x225
    07 ffffd000`23172410 fffff803`f4ef7084 nt!CcMapAndCopyInToCache+0x21f
    08 ffffd000`23172500 fffff800`eb5106cc nt!CcCopyWriteEx+0x260
    09 ffffd000`231725a0 fffff800`eb005610 Ntfs+0xeb6cc
    0a ffffd000`23172820 fffff800`eb005cbd fltmgr!FltpPerformFastIoCall+0x1f0
    0b ffffd000`23172880 fffff800`eb02baa0 fltmgr!FltpPassThroughFastIo+0xbd
    0c ffffd000`231728e0 fffff803`f5229570 fltmgr!FltpFastIoWrite+0x150
    0d ffffd000`23172990 fffff803`f4f681b3 nt!NtWriteFile+0x410
    0e ffffd000`23172a90 00007ffd`89f80e0a nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
    0f 00000000`04a8faf8 00000000`00000000 0x00007ffd`89f80e0a
    So, we see that the kernel was removing the pages (Chunks of data on hard disk stored for later use) but then it encountered a page fault and the system crashed . We also see NTFS.sys doing copy and write operation to the cache.
    In other dump files, disk operations were being performed although Memory Corruption has been blamed as well. Now, in your latest dump file, I found that you have been stress testing the system -
    Code:
    PROCESS_NAME:  HeavyLoad.exe
    Code:
    0: kd> !pte ffffe04017aaaa20
                                               VA ffffe04017aaaa20
    PXE at FFFFF6FB7DBEDE00    PPE at FFFFF6FB7DBC0800    PDE at FFFFF6FB781005E8    PTE at FFFFF6F0200BD550
    contains 0000000000F66863  contains 0000000000000000
    GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff803f516f104
    pfn f66       ---DA--KWEV  not valid
    So, the address was completely invalid as well.


    Below is a list of 3rd party drivers present on your system -
    Code:
    **************************Thu Mar 26 23:52:29.684 2015 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
    gdrv.sys                    Fri Mar 13 08:52:29 2009 (49B9D175)
    truecrypt.sys               Tue Feb  7 14:39:36 2012 (4F30EA50)
    speedfan.sys                Sun Dec 30 02:29:35 2012 (50DF59B7)
    npf.sys                     Fri Mar  1 07:01:24 2013 (513004EC)
    intelppm.sys                Thu Aug 22 14:16:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
    TeeDriverx64.sys            Thu Sep  5 23:32:18 2013 (5228C72A)
    AppleCharger.sys            Mon Oct 28 07:29:21 2013 (526DC4F9)
    xhcdrv.sys                  Wed Dec 11 08:03:48 2013 (52A7CF0C)
    ViaHub3.sys                 Wed Dec 11 08:03:53 2013 (52A7CF11)
    iwdbus.sys                  Fri Mar 14 03:29:14 2014 (53222A32)
    iaStorA.sys                 Sat May  3 04:36:56 2014 (53642510)
    RTKVHD64.sys                Wed May 14 15:58:52 2014 (53734564)
    Rt630x64.sys                Tue Jun 17 17:26:46 2014 (53A02CFE)
    nvhda64v.sys                Thu Oct  9 22:32:27 2014 (5436BFA3)
    nvvad64v.sys                Thu Nov 20 21:03:54 2014 (546E09E2)
    NvStreamKms.sys             Mon Jan 12 23:26:42 2015 (54B40ADA)
    VBoxNetFlt.sys              Thu Feb 12 21:23:22 2015 (54DCCC72)
    VBoxUSBMon.sys              Thu Feb 12 21:23:22 2015 (54DCCC72)
    VBoxNetAdp.sys              Thu Feb 12 21:23:22 2015 (54DCCC72)
    VBoxDrv.sys                 Thu Feb 12 21:24:32 2015 (54DCCCB8)
    nvlddmkm.sys                Fri Mar 13 21:09:56 2015 (550304CC)
    ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии``
    **************************Thu Mar 26 22:14:47.459 2015 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
    PLTGC.sys                   Fri Apr 12 14:15:13 2013 (5167C999)
    ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии``
    **************************Thu Mar 26 20:53:33.350 2015 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
    nvhda64v.sys                Thu Nov 28 19:08:09 2013 (52974741)
    nvlddmkm.sys                Wed Sep 10 22:34:29 2014 (5410849D)
    ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии``
    **************************Thu Mar 26 19:55:32.673 2015 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
    etdrv.sys                   Fri Mar 20 08:29:06 2009 (49C3067A)
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=gdrv.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=truecrypt.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=speedfan.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=npf.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TeeDriverx64.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AppleCharger.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=xhcdrv.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ViaHub3.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iwdbus.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvhda64v.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvvad64v.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NvStreamKms.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VBoxNetFlt.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VBoxUSBMon.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VBoxNetAdp.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VBoxDrv.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=PLTGC.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvhda64v.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=etdrv.sys

    Kindly follow the below steps -

    1. Kindly remove Gigabyte Easy Saver Utility (gdrv.sys) as it is known to cause problems.
    2. I would suggest you to remove the TrueCrypt as well since it is known to cause problems and is also not secure (**SOURCE**).
    3. If you are still facing the problems, I would suggest you to perform the free Hardware Diagnostics over here (Thanks Usasma!) - http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html



    Start with the Hard Drive Diagnostics and then check your RAM and then complete the rest of the steps. While doing the tests, kindly keep an eye on the temperatures of the system and report them back (Before and during the tests).

    Let me know how it goes ^_^

    -Pranav
    Hey there thank for your respone !

    I've tested a lot during the last days and applied the fixes you told me to do. Unfortunately it didn't work out!
    I managed to use my computer for about 2 days without a BSOD if I remember correctly. If I may add the BSODs
    did only occur when I played games and during the stress test you told me to do. I don't think it occured another
    time. The last BSOD log occured while doing the RAM Hard Drive Diagnostic test (Prime95).
    I still think it's because of the hard drive but I can't tell you since I'm not experienced enough. All I can say is
    that it has a usage of 100%.
    I hope that you're able to help me out since I can't figure out the problem :s
    I added the new logs to the attachment.

    In love,

    IHateBSOD
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    India
    Posts : 2,097
    Windows 8.1 Industry Pro B-)


    Hi IhateBSOD ^_^,

    The latest dumps have the same symptoms as compared to the older ones. I see that you have still not removed the Gigabyte Easy Saver Utility (gdrv.sys). Furthermore, in my previous post, I forgot to ask you to remove the Gigabyte On/Off Utility (AppleCharger.sys) as it is known to cause problems with Windows 8 systems. If you are not able to find the software (Possibly Gigabyte Adjust), just find these drivers and rename them.

    Are you still able to reproduce the crashes when running any of the Stress Tests? Could you please be more specific as in which test are you able to reproduce the crash? I am asking because I am not clear about the stress test which caused the problem.

    I think that if it was a hardware problem, we would have seen some more variance in the bugcheck types but that is not the case here. Plus, the dump just blames Memory Corruption. This corruption could be caused by drivers passing bad arguments/parameters as well.

    Are you running the system with multiple RAM Sticks? If yes, then could you please try running the system with only a single stick and see if the system is stable or not?

    Let me know how it goes ^_^.

    -Pranav
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 5
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by blueelvis View Post
    Hi IhateBSOD ^_^,

    The latest dumps have the same symptoms as compared to the older ones. I see that you have still not removed the Gigabyte Easy Saver Utility (gdrv.sys). Furthermore, in my previous post, I forgot to ask you to remove the Gigabyte On/Off Utility (AppleCharger.sys) as it is known to cause problems with Windows 8 systems. If you are not able to find the software (Possibly Gigabyte Adjust), just find these drivers and rename them.

    Are you still able to reproduce the crashes when running any of the Stress Tests? Could you please be more specific as in which test are you able to reproduce the crash? I am asking because I am not clear about the stress test which caused the problem.

    I think that if it was a hardware problem, we would have seen some more variance in the bugcheck types but that is not the case here. Plus, the dump just blames Memory Corruption. This corruption could be caused by drivers passing bad arguments/parameters as well.

    Are you running the system with multiple RAM Sticks? If yes, then could you please try running the system with only a single stick and see if the system is stable or not?

    Let me know how it goes ^_^.

    -Pranav
    Hello thanks for your time and sorry for me failing :s

    This time I'm 100% sure that I managed to get rid of the drivers. I renamed these and uninstalled any software that's from Gigabyte.
    I've restarted my computer and tried stress tests.

    About the stress test:
    I used a program called Prime95 which I found at the website you told me to visit.

    I ran 3 stress tests. Two out of three caused BSODs.
    -> Small FFTs (maximum heat, FPU stress data fits in L2 cache, RAM not tested much)
    > This didn't cause a BSOD

    The following 2 Tests caused BSODs
    -> In-Place large FFTs (maximum power consumption, some RAM tested)
    -> Blend (tests some of everything, lots of RAM tested)


    About the RAM-Sticks:
    Is there any possibility to do it without opening my case? I've bought this PC
    and it still has its guarantee and I'll lose it if I open the case.

    The description once I bought my pc said that it has an overclocked graphics card
    I'm not sure if it helps to mention this but I just wanted to get sure.


    I hope I could help you out with this information and that the given information is
    specific enough.

    I'm really sorry for not knowing too much and failing at some tasks but I think that I've
    done everything right this time ...
    I've added the new logs to the attachments.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 5,139
    Win8.1Pro - Finally!!!


    Sorry for the delay in responding. There just aren't that many people who do BSOD analysis, so at times we get a bit overwhelmed!

    Do you still need help with this problem?
    I will be notified if you reply to this topic and will respond within 48 hours.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 5
    Windows 8.1


    Hey yes I still need help
    But it's okey I have no problem if it takes time for people since it's help for free which is not usual!
    I would appreciate it if my problem would get fixxed.

    Thank you
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 5,139
    Win8.1Pro - Finally!!!


    As the Blend test caused memory problems, I'd suggest a memory diagnostic test. Try the one at this link: Memory Diagnostics

    If unable to boot to a disk, then try the Windows memory diagnostic ( Diagnosing memory problems on your computer ).

    Also, be sure that the system isn't clogged with dirt/dust (blow it out with canned air). and monitor your temps with this free utility: HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

    If it's not overheating, then it's most likely a hardware problem - and that should be covered under your warranty.
    Once you've run the memory diagnostic, contact the shop that sold you the system in order to figure out how to get it repaired under warranty.

    FYI - Prime95 basically tests 3 things - RAM, CPU cache, and the memory controller. If it fails the blend test, then it's most likely RAM, but if it fails others it can be the CPU or the motherboard (depends on the particular CPU, some have the memory controller built-in - others have it on the motherboard).

    Good luck!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Posts : 5
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by usasma View Post
    As the Blend test caused memory problems, I'd suggest a memory diagnostic test. Try the one at this link: Memory Diagnostics

    If unable to boot to a disk, then try the Windows memory diagnostic ( Diagnosing memory problems on your computer ).

    Also, be sure that the system isn't clogged with dirt/dust (blow it out with canned air). and monitor your temps with this free utility: HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

    If it's not overheating, then it's most likely a hardware problem - and that should be covered under your warranty.
    Once you've run the memory diagnostic, contact the shop that sold you the system in order to figure out how to get it repaired under warranty.

    FYI - Prime95 basically tests 3 things - RAM, CPU cache, and the memory controller. If it fails the blend test, then it's most likely RAM, but if it fails others it can be the CPU or the motherboard (depends on the particular CPU, some have the memory controller built-in - others have it on the motherboard).

    Good luck!
    Aww unfortunately you were right It's a hardware problem and I guess I have to send it back. The diagnostic test
    said that it has a hardware problem and that I should contact my seller... guess I'll do that.

    Thanks for your time and effort ! I really appreciate it I wish you and your family a lot of luck and health.

    Since I have to create backups now is there any tool that you could suggest me which somehow creates a backup and
    compresses the files very small?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 5,139
    Win8.1Pro - Finally!!!


    I don't use 3rd party compression utilities, but 7-zip is well regarded in the community.

    I just copy the contents of my Users folder when I backup - but the last time I used regular backups I used Syncack SE (the paid for version).
    I now use Acronis True Image as my backup tool, as I have a lot of extra storage space on my MyCloud devices.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+1509a0
Related Threads
lots of Bsod, usually ntoskrnl.exe+1509a0 in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi, Thanks in advance for your time. This bsod happens usually after pausing a video for a while. but can happen anytime . I have read previous posts and tried verifier.. sfc/scannow but I still cant get to the bottom of it. I have uploaded the requested .zip and sfc log. Thanks again
Solved BSOD with ntoskrnl.exe+1509a0 in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
I have had this problem for a week or so now. It happens multiple times a day, approximately every two or three hours. It seems random. I have noticed that it happens at that "random" frequency even if the computer has been asleep for an hour or two, when I get it out of sleep, I will get the...
BSOD due to ntoskrnl.exe+1509a0 in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Guys, I had this BSOD due to ntoskrnl.exe+1509a0. I am using Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bits. PC is new, i7 4770 and according to AMD all video card drivers (R7 265) were updated. Using Zone Alarm as firewall. At the moment, the computer was downloading/uploading too much, don't know if this is...
BSOD due to ntoskrnl.exe+1509a0 in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi, I'm getting BSOD after upgrading to Windows 8.1. I believe all the drivers are installed. I checked minidumps with nirsoft's BlueScreenView and got that those BSODs are caused by the same ntoskrnl.exe error 0xc0000139. I have noticed that this happens when I play a video (usually a Mkv...
Solved BSOD, Ntoskrnl. in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi guys, My laptop crashes showing this BSOD, sometimes it is so frequent may reach 5 times/day sometimes the day passes clearly http://www.sevenforums.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif Sometimes during browsing and working on it, sometimes when I leave it free/on lockscreen !!...
Solved BSOD with ntoskrnl.exe in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi! :) For a couple of weeks now I'm using Windows 8.1 (upgraded from a Win 8 installation). Everything went fine until yesterday when I got my first BSOD on Win 8.1. Today it happened again. The causes seem to be the same but I hope for your analysis and help! Thanks in advance :)
BSOD - Ntoskrnl.exe in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi, I have been experiencing shutdowns which I am not sure of the reason behind. I have hibernate and sleep disabled. The computer crashes andshutdown on its own. This is only happening when getting into sleep mode. It will never happen If I am working on the laptop no matter for how long. I...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook