Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Continues Errors at startup "Metadata staging failed"

  1. #101


    Posts : 81
    Windows 8 Home Premium 64 bit

    Issue upgraded to level 3 engineers


    I spoke yesterday with a Microsoft engineer at Technical Level 3 - he agreed this was a genuine issue, he has copies of all the threads and he has asked that he be given at least 3 days to try and locate the server error to ensure it is repaired. We just have to wait once again.

    Unfortunately he was unable to generate the error on his own PC but he admitted it depends on the server you are connected to via Microsoft.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #102


    St. Augustine
    Posts : 388
    windows 8.1 64, LT -Windows 10 Home 64


    Quote Originally Posted by amtino View Post
    I spoke yesterday with a Microsoft engineer at Technical Level 3 - he agreed this was a genuine issue, he has copies of all the threads and he has asked that he be given at least 3 days to try and locate the server error to ensure it is repaired. We just have to wait once again.

    Unfortunately he was unable to generate the error on his own PC but he admitted it depends on the server you are connected to via Microsoft.
    Many Thanks Hope MS resolves the issue.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #103


    Posts : 81
    Windows 8 Home Premium 64 bit

    Thank you - just to keep you up to date


    I had a call back from Microsoft this morning saying that they had carried out extensive checks and were unable to generate this error on any of their machines. However, the Level 3 engineer remotely accessed my laptop and made several screen shots, did several tests and recorded them using some clever recorder, emailed everything to himself. I showed him how to generate the error by booting up the machine and also by refreshing the hardware and devices page.

    The outcome was that he finally produced the error on his own PC. He has gone back to study his reports and screenshots and promised to get back to me soon. I think I am on the right road now.

    Lets sit back and wait. Will keep you up to date.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #104


    St. Augustine
    Posts : 388
    windows 8.1 64, LT -Windows 10 Home 64


    Thanks for the update.

    Certainly seems you are on the right track. I think the last time this occurred it was clear that it was a very obscure problem. It will be very interesting to see how this goes.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #105


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by amtino View Post
    I had a call back from Microsoft this morning saying that they had carried out extensive checks and were unable to generate this error on any of their machines. However, the Level 3 engineer remotely accessed my laptop and made several screen shots, did several tests and recorded them using some clever recorder, emailed everything to himself. I showed him how to generate the error by booting up the machine and also by refreshing the hardware and devices page.

    The outcome was that he finally produced the error on his own PC. He has gone back to study his reports and screenshots and promised to get back to me soon. I think I am on the right road now.

    Lets sit back and wait. Will keep you up to date.

    Thanks again Amtino, good follow up with them. Been following this thread since i saw my error with metadata. So far has caused me no BSOD or anything else, thankful for that for now.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #106


    Covington, La
    Posts : 1,184
    Windows 7 HP 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64BIT


    Why is this thread marked "solved" when it is still broke???

    Jim
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #107


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Why is this thread marked "solved" when it is still broke???

    Jim
    Assume because of the workarounds used in previous parts of this thread if read back more. Just a band-aid on it for now.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #108


    St. Augustine
    Posts : 388
    windows 8.1 64, LT -Windows 10 Home 64


    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Why is this thread marked "solved" when it is still broke???

    Jim
    In a PM several days ago I asked Brink if he could remove the Solved checkmark on this thread. His answer was, the thread starter is the only one that can do that. I will try sending the thread starter a PM and ask if he can/will mark as unsolved.

    Update:

    PM Sent
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #109


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by gator2013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Why is this thread marked "solved" when it is still broke???

    Jim
    In a PM several days ago I asked Brink if he could remove the Solved checkmark on this thread. His answer was, the thread starter is the only one that can do that. I will try sending the thread starter a PM and ask if he can/will mark as unsolved.

    Update:

    PM Sent
    I knew that !!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #110


    Posts : 1,121
    Windows 8.1 x64


    Could this simply be Microsoft making changes to the update process while preparing for the release of Windows 10? Both my 8.1 and 10 installs are seeing the same errors.

    I think some of the recent Windows 8.1 optional updates are related to that event or at least are meant to align Windows 8 with Windows 10. But I certainly could be wrong...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Continues Errors at startup "Metadata staging failed"
Related Threads
The title says it partially, but that's not the whole story: I decided to use OneDrive, and so I sent a folder from my external Toshiba drive to OneDrive. It took forever and three days to finish, and seemingly isn't finished yet. :( I now get, File Failed to Upload -- There was an error...
So I restored my system because I had no other choice from it not booting before and it was working for a day, then when I restarted it said 'installing XX / 93 updates' so I let that run, and when It finally finished, it restarted said 'configuring windows updates XX% complete...' and then it...
Specs: Acer AO756-2808 Netbook Intel Celeron CPU 877 @ 1.40Ghz Intel HD Graphics 2000 Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit 8G Dual Ram 120SSD Updated Intel Chipset 9.4.0.1026, Intel HD Graphics 2000 9.17.10.3347, and Intel MGMTEngine 9.5.14.1724
Hello, Actually this is more than errors in the Services Console Panel. I have several errors with my fresh install of Windows 8 Pro which I have never experienced before. What also boggles me with all this is that my user account is set as Administrator as usual, but still Windows behaves as it...
When i start my computer i get that error in the bottom left,i used hijackthis and this is the report: Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4 Scan saved at 10:23:07, on 27/07/2013 Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.02.1008) MSIE: Internet Explorer v10.0 (10.00.9200.16537) Boot mode: Normal...
Hi there, I am facing a problem with the backup program of Windows 8. My computer (Asus with 250SSD) disk is new and I just installed my programs. Now I want to create a System Image using Windows. The image should be around 50go. Everything works fine until I get a message error saying my...
Hey all Tearing my hair out with my 32bit W7 to W8 pro upgrade here.. :(. Setup gets to 24% and then bombs out with "Windows 8 installation has failed". The logs say.. 2012-10-27 21:01:41, Error Error while getting snapshot properties of fixed drive 2: 0x80042308...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook