Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 0x00000124 (new installed 8.1)

  1. #11


    Posts : 15
    windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by usasma View Post
    It seems that Asus has chosen not to support Win8 or 8.1 on your laptop.
    Check at http://downloadcenter.intel.com for the Intel Management Engine (IME) drivers.
    You may have to try several different versions before you find the correct one.
    FYI - here's the links that I recommend for starting out:
    Please update the Intel Management Engine (the driver is HECIx64.sys):
    As for the JMicron controller, there doesn't appear to be a download page at JMicron.
    In that case, searching Google for the driver (and Windows 8) may locate the drivers.
    You may also search the Asus support website for that driver to see if they have a Win8 version

    I did a quck google search and only found Win7/Win8 drivers - which I suspect are just Win7 drivers.
    If those are the only one's you can find, then try installing it in compatibility mode for Win7 to see what happens.

    I'll try to look a bit more this evening (I'm late for work right now).

    ok i foud the jmicrod driver, (at least newer one tahn the one from asus website), and it seems like its working properly now. Altrough i didnt update the intel management engine. (no bsods till no but further testing is required)

    but i keep having this problem where after boot up the computer would freeze and the main ssd utilize 100% of its transfer rate,(but there is nothing to transfer or read , 0kbps read and write), as if it waits for the second hdd to respond.

    i didnt have this problem before , could you help me with this? ive already searched for this problem , there is many people with identical problem but no solution. here are thing ive tried:

    -no page file
    -max pagefile 2x my 8gb RAM
    -update almost all of my driver
    -update the ssd firmware
    -update intel INF
    -refresh the windwos, to see if its happening again (it did)
    -disconnect the sceond hdd to see if the main ssd waiting for the HDD o lad, even without the hdd its still freezes up

    IDK anyomre what to do

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Posts : 5,139
    Win8.1Pro - Finally!!!


    This may give us a clue as to what's causing the freezing.
    But I've gotta say that freezes like this usually require different troubleshooting techniques.

    Please do the following:
    - open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog))
    - expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
    - right click on Administrative Events
    - select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
    - save the file as Admin.evtx
    - zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
    - upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

    Also, try this technique: How to Diagnose and Fix High DPC Latency Issues with WPA (Windows Vista/7/8) - Sysnative Forums
    I haven't used the tool from Step I, but the tool in Step II has been changed a bit (it's now a gui rather than a command line tool)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Posts : 15
    windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by usasma View Post
    This may give us a clue as to what's causing the freezing.
    But I've gotta say that freezes like this usually require different troubleshooting techniques.

    Please do the following:
    - open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog))
    - expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
    - right click on Administrative Events
    - select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
    - save the file as Admin.evtx
    - zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
    - upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

    Also, try this technique: How to Diagnose and Fix High DPC Latency Issues with WPA (Windows Vista/7/8) - Sysnative Forums
    I haven't used the tool from Step I, but the tool in Step II has been changed a bit (it's now a gui rather than a command line tool)

    ok ill try the second technique tomorrow, here is my admin.evtx
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Posts : 5,139
    Win8.1Pro - Finally!!!


    The only thing that I see you haven't done is to try the HDD without the SSD. Is that possible?

    I looked at the Admin Event Logs:
    Lot's of disk retry and storage controller reset warnings - seems to be a storage issue (most commonly hard drive, cabling, and/or storage controller).
    Run these free diagnostics: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
    Then, if they pass, update your chipset and storage controller drivers from the Asus website.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Posts : 15
    windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by usasma View Post
    The only thing that I see you haven't done is to try the HDD without the SSD. Is that possible?

    I looked at the Admin Event Logs:
    Lot's of disk retry and storage controller reset warnings - seems to be a storage issue (most commonly hard drive, cabling, and/or storage controller).
    Run these free diagnostics: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
    Then, if they pass, update your chipset and storage controller drivers from the Asus website.
    hmm, it seems like linking the desktop and other folder made the ssd wait for the HDD to respond, ive checked that, there are no bad sector and both drives function properly (they are both new), and ive updated the ata controller driver (for 2006- to 2009), do you know any newer driver for intel m460 based computer? , the new driver eased the problem a bit, but every now and then , the problem still occur
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Posts : 5,139
    Win8.1Pro - Finally!!!


    I have to wonder if there's a compatibility issue here (due to Asus not supporting the system with Win8/8.1)
    If unable to find more current drivers at http://downloadcenter.intel.com , then I'd have to suggest trying to revert to Win7.
    Good luck!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Posts : 19
    Windows 8.1 64bit


    Hey,

    If your system works correctly under Windows 7 i would stick with that until you upgrade to a higher spec machine.

    I can't see there being much issue with Windows 8 however have you tried contacting Asus directly in regards to what drivers they could give you?

    Cheers
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Posts : 15
    windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by Leeb View Post
    Hey,

    If your system works correctly under Windows 7 i would stick with that until you upgrade to a higher spec machine.

    I can't see there being much issue with Windows 8 however have you tried contacting Asus directly in regards to what drivers they could give you?

    Cheers
    the problem is, win 8.1 worked perfectly before im switching to SSD(and clean installed win 8.1, before it was an update install from win 7)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 0x00000124 (new installed 8.1)
Related Threads
Hey, I've recently switched from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 - and I had a similar problem in Windows 7. I've attached the .zip from the SF debug tool (I also put in the report from BlueScreenView). While using Photoshop, my PC suddenly rebooted - no "Your PC ran into a problem" screen - leaving...
BSOD whea_uncorrectable_error 0x00000124 in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello When i play any HTML5 videos on Google Chrome just 1 sec, the BSOD whea_uncorrectable_error happen AGAIN and AGAIN! I had updated my motherboard, my graphic driver, cpu, network... to the latest version but it does not help. I have checked the dump file with BlueScreenView and it says...
BSOD error 0x00000124 in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
I am getting BSOD error. Error Code: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xffffe0003bd72038, 0x00000000fe200000, 0x0000000000041136). Please mention the reason which is causing this. And how can I troubleshoot it? Here is the attachment:- 55676 Thanks.
BSOD playing CS:GO/PvZ/TF2, error 0x00000124 in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi everyone, I have been getting these blue screens when playing the games in the title ever since I had reinstalled windows on my PC and formatted my hard drive. I have included the debug files and hope that you can help Thanks in advance Acunef 55675
BSOD:0x00000124 And 0x00000101. in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello, I have get the BSOD when playing games, it's a game pc and i just got it... most of the parts are fairly new except the video card. My pc: Operating System Windows 8.1 64-bit CPU AMD FX-8350 24 C Vishera 32nm Technology RAM 16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 577MHz...
BSOD 0x00000124 in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
hi Im getting a bsod , just browsing, folding@home, playing something or pc is just idle. Components are maybe one month old. I dont have any ideas, tried everything already. Fresh windows 8.1 and all drivers installed. i7-4770k stock cooler Asus z87-A Corsair RM850 280x SSD: Adata SP900...
I've been getting this BSOD a lot lately. I know something hardware related is definitely wrong. It's not my SSD (bought a new one and put the OS on it, still happening). Not RAM. Did a memtest and it was all fine. I've got two HDDs in my computer as well, tried unplugging them and it still...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook