Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


System Crash: Dual Boot running Windows 7 and 8: BSOD

  1. #1


    Posts : 21
    Windows 8.1 (64-Bit) and Windows 7 (64-Bit) (Dual Boot)

    System Crash: Dual Boot running Windows 7 and 8: BSOD


    Hey guys,

    I need some help. I am the same person who posted a thread about needing drivers for Windows 7 after dual booting it with my preinstalled copy of Windows 8. So, I was on Windows 7 today, and my screen randomly blinked on and off for 5 seconds, and then came up with a message saying my system display driver crashed but had recovered. Then, about a minute later, it crashed again and came up with a BSOD saying that the display driver had crashed but failed to recover. I do not have the error code from it, as I only saw this screen once, and forgot to copy down the codde because I got freaked out But anyways, I have copied the system report to this post from the Seven Forums System Tool. I am currently running in safe mode on my Windows 7.

    Thanks for help in advance!

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 5,139
    Win8.1Pro - Finally!!!


    There are enough signs here that I have to wonder about this installation. Should this be a pirated copy of Windows, please be aware that we may not be able to fix it (as the hacks that were done to activate it will cause the OS to behave differently than we expect it to). If that's the case, our efforts to help may just waste your time. Secondly, the forum rules prohibit assisting with pirated software - so the topic would be closed if that is the case.

    Please provide the MGADiag report according to these instructions (from this post: Product Key Number - Uninstall and Deactivate in Windows - Page 3 - Windows 7 Help Forums ):
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 21
    Windows 8.1 (64-Bit) and Windows 7 (64-Bit) (Dual Boot)

    Here it is


    Quote Originally Posted by usasma View Post
    There are enough signs here that I have to wonder about this installation. Should this be a pirated copy of Windows, please be aware that we may not be able to fix it (as the hacks that were done to activate it will cause the OS to behave differently than we expect it to). If that's the case, our efforts to help may just waste your time. Secondly, the forum rules prohibit assisting with pirated software - so the topic would be closed if that is the case.

    Please provide the MGADiag report according to these instructions (from this post: Product Key Number - Uninstall and Deactivate in Windows - Page 3 - Windows 7 Help Forums ):
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

    Thanks for the reply. I've pasted the report from the MGADiag.

    Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->


    Validation Code: 0
    Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc004f012
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-X92GV-V7DCV-P4K27
    Windows Product Key Hash: aU2z1/fnhnLHmhBm699qYZT2E6s=
    Windows Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00400
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.001
    ID: {0E3F20D8-03B2-4893-A42F-D70941C3B73A}(1)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: Windows 7 Ultimate
    Architecture: 0x00000009
    Build lab: 7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A


    Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002


    Windows XP Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002


    OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002


    OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3


    Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: F:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed


    File Scan Data-->


    Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{0E3F20D8-03B2-4893-A42F-D70941C3B73A}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.001</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-P4K27</PKey><PID>00426-OEM-8992662-00400</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2062795262-2177913542-936390241</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Model>HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Insyde</Manufacturer><Version>F.26</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="7"/><Date>20130221000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>3E613807018400F2</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults>


    Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002


    Licensing Data-->
    Software licensing service version: 6.1.7601.17514


    Name: Windows(R) 7, Ultimate edition
    Description: Windows Operating System - Windows(R) 7, OEM_SLP channel
    Activation ID: 7cfd4696-69a9-4af7-af36-ff3d12b6b6c8
    Application ID: 55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f
    Extended PID: 00426-00178-926-600400-02-1033-7601.0000-1272014
    Installation ID: 021144088485002794246542303754001242072724607156136134
    Processor Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88338
    Machine Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88339
    Use License URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88341
    Product Key Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88340
    Partial Product Key: P4K27
    License Status: Initial grace period
    Time remaining: 40800 minute(s) (28 day(s))
    Remaining Windows rearm count: 1
    Trusted time: 5/7/2014 1:34:38 PM


    Windows Activation Technologies-->
    HrOffline: 0x00000000
    HrOnline: N/A
    HealthStatus: 0x0000000000000000
    Event Time Stamp: N/A
    ActiveX: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395
    Admin Service: Not Registered - 0x80070005
    HealthStatus Bitmask Output:




    HWID Data-->
    HWID Hash Current: MAAAAAEAAQABAAEAAAACAAAAAwABAAEA7r52qV7ByjhWUR5SipuMBko6hgRc/IZb


    OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    N/A


    OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes, but no SLIC table
    Windows marker version: N/A
    OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: N/A
    BIOS Information:
    ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value
    APIC HPQOEM 1849
    FACP HPQOEM SLIC-MPC
    HPET HPQOEM 1849
    BOOT HPQOEM 1849
    MCFG HPQOEM 1849
    WDAT HPQOEM 1849
    UEFI HPQOEM 1849
    ASF! HPQOEM 1849
    WDRT HPQOEM 1849
    FPDT HPQOEM 1849
    MSDM HPQOEM SLIC-MPC
    SSDT HPQOEM 1849
    SSDT HPQOEM 1849
    BGRT HPQOEM 1849
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    *****-*****-X92GV-V7DCV-P4K27 < appears to be a Dell OEM SLP key. The product ID of 00426-OEM-8992662-00400 also comes back as a Dell OEM SLP. If the PC came with Windows 8 Preinstalled and 7 was added, it shouldn't be using OEM SLP for activation?
    SuperGamerDude, what make and model is this PC, and where di you get your Windows 7 install media?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 21
    Windows 8.1 (64-Bit) and Windows 7 (64-Bit) (Dual Boot)


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    *****-*****-X92GV-V7DCV-P4K27 < appears to be a Dell OEM SLP key. The product ID of 00426-OEM-8992662-00400 also comes back as a Dell OEM SLP. If the PC came with Windows 8 Preinstalled and 7 was added, it shouldn't be using OEM SLP for activation?
    SuperGamerDude, what make and model is this PC, and where di you get your Windows 7 install media?
    The model and make of the PC is an HP Pavilion G6-2293nr. I downloaded the installation media in the form of an ISO file from the internet and burned it to a bootable USB stick.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGamerDude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    *****-*****-X92GV-V7DCV-P4K27 < appears to be a Dell OEM SLP key. The product ID of 00426-OEM-8992662-00400 also comes back as a Dell OEM SLP. If the PC came with Windows 8 Preinstalled and 7 was added, it shouldn't be using OEM SLP for activation?
    SuperGamerDude, what make and model is this PC, and where di you get your Windows 7 install media?
    The model and make of the PC is an HP Pavilion G6-2293nr. I downloaded the installation media in the form of an ISO file from the internet and burned it to a bootable USB stick.
    Were you prompted to enter a product code during the install?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

System Crash: Dual Boot running Windows 7 and 8: BSOD
Related Threads
Parallels for Mac lets you run Windows in a VM, but instead of using a virtual HD, it uses the Windows boot partition from the dual-boot setup. Is there a way to do this in Windows 8? I have Win7 on a seperate HD and would like to make changes to it without rebooting
I have a dual boot system with Windows 7 x64 Home Premium on the c: partition, and Windows 8.1 on VHD created on the second partition d: of the single HDD in the machine. Because of a major problem in Windows 7 I had torestore it from a backup, and of course the result I lost the ability to boot...
:o I'm a little embarrassed to say that I can't figure out which partition holds Windows 8 on my Dual Boot 7/8 system. I want to delete Windows 8 64 bit and reinstall Windows 8 32 bit, then update to Windows 8.1. I'm doing this because the system's old enough that 64 bit 8.1 won't install but maybe...
Hi everybody, I'm experiencing Windows 8 crashes almost every time I start programs that require heavy video-processing (e.g.: games). The problem also happens, even if rarely, at random. This is a Speccy log of my system, that is running with Boot Camp 5.0. Operating System Windows 8...
Hi there Anybody tried this yet -- attempt to create a Dual boot system from a Windows to Go installation -- I'm trying to get a W7 portable system -- I was thinking that maybe I could create a W7 VHD (Virtual Hard drive) and then use the Windows to Go bootloader to attach and mount the W7 VHD and...
On both my Win7/Win8 Dual Boot machines I have now lost both my Advanced Boot Options and System Recovery Options on F8. I cannot boot F8 after BIOS post or after selecting either OS from the Metro-style Boot Menu. I tried running Refresh just now on my deskstop but it didn't reinstall these...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook