Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Random freeze requiring reboot, win 8.1

  1. #11


    Posts : 11
    win 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by chemgirl View Post
    I'm having this same problem as well.. I have an HP laptop (only 4 months old) and ever since I've installed Windows 8.1 my laptop just randomly freezes (usually while I'm in a browser window, but sometimes while i'm watching a movie) and even Ctrl, Alt, Del doesn't do anything.. I have to turn the power button off and restart.

    HELP!
    Have you followed same steps as me above?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Posts : 5
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chemgirl View Post
    I'm having this same problem as well.. I have an HP laptop (only 4 months old) and ever since I've installed Windows 8.1 my laptop just randomly freezes (usually while I'm in a browser window, but sometimes while i'm watching a movie) and even Ctrl, Alt, Del doesn't do anything.. I have to turn the power button off and restart.

    HELP!

    Have you followed same steps as me above?
    I'm not even sure what those steps were...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Posts : 11
    win 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by chemgirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chemgirl View Post
    I'm having this same problem as well.. I have an HP laptop (only 4 months old) and ever since I've installed Windows 8.1 my laptop just randomly freezes (usually while I'm in a browser window, but sometimes while i'm watching a movie) and even Ctrl, Alt, Del doesn't do anything.. I have to turn the power button off and restart.

    HELP!

    Have you followed same steps as me above?
    I'm not even sure what those steps were...
    The steps discussed in previous posts in this thread
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Posts : 5
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chemgirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post


    Have you followed same steps as me above?
    I'm not even sure what those steps were...
    The steps discussed in previous posts in this thread
    lol no I got that.. but I wasn't sure if those were specific to their case.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Posts : 5
    Windows 8.1


    I don't have AVAST.. or at least.. it doesn't show up in my program list. Not sure what overclocking is. I have done a bunch of updates... so I think I'm on the most recent bios
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Posts : 11
    win 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by chemgirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chemgirl View Post

    I'm not even sure what those steps were...
    The steps discussed in previous posts in this thread
    lol no I got that.. but I wasn't sure if those were specific to their case.
    You ran the tests and updated any possibly outdated drivers? Those are not case specific, it is good to do it in any case.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Posts : 5
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chemgirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post

    The steps discussed in previous posts in this thread
    lol no I got that.. but I wasn't sure if those were specific to their case.
    You ran the tests and updated any possibly outdated drivers? Those are not case specific, it is good to do it in any case.
    I'm not sure how to run those tests
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Posts : 1,883
    7601.18247.x86fre.win7sp1


    Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post
    Thanks a lot for your help, Master thief.
    You're very welcome, although the irony of your misinterpretation of my forum user name is a decent form of comedy.

    Quote Originally Posted by chemgirl View Post
    I'm not sure how to run those tests
    Hi,

    If you need help with something, please make your own thread about it by following what Brink's thread says to do.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Posts : 11
    win 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post
    Thanks a lot for your help, Master thief.
    You're very welcome, although the irony of your misinterpretation of my forum user name is a decent form of comedy.

    Quote Originally Posted by chemgirl View Post
    I'm not sure how to run those tests
    Hi,

    If you need help with something, please make your own thread about it by following what Brink's thread says to do.
    D'oh. I dunno why I thought the character is called for a thief.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    Posts : 11
    win 8.1


    Hi,

    The random freeze is sadly back, so I'm gonna bump this thread in case anyone has any more ideas to try out and troubleshoot this before I install win7. All drivers are up to date now.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Random freeze requiring reboot, win 8.1
Related Threads
Hello everyone! I got a problem with my new computer. I got random black screen then reboot/freeze error code 0x0000116. All my drivers are up to date, my bios too. Here are my dump file and my dxdiag. Thank you for your time! ^^ PS: My components temperature never goes higher then 50...
Solved random screen freeze up in General Support
O.K. in Windows 7 if my screen froze up i had no control over mouse or keyboard i pushed control alt and delete was able to go to log in screen,either restart,shutdown or use task manager close a program might be giving me this issue.It seems for me in Windows 8 this does not work anymore,causing...
8.1 x64 Random Freeze and Restart in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Good day forum, Recently I installed 8.1 Preview x64 on my machine and yesterday it started to freeze randomly and restart itself after a few seconds of freezing. Usually it freezes in a few minutes after loading into the desktop. What I have tried: -Disable all non-MS services except nVidia...
Hey people, I had a weird problem since yesterday : I have a laptop with Two Hard Drive( one SSD of 24 gb and one big). Windows 8 is set up on the SSD hard drive Yesterday, I got a freeze and I had to restart the computer by unplug it. After that, I can't boot it any more. I had a...
PC random freeze without BSOD screen. Pls help!
Random Freeze/Hang/Lag in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi, I upgraded my laptop from Win 7 Home Premium x64 to Win 8 Pro x64. I am an university student so had to do it as my course required me too. I never had any errors or any bugs while using Win 7, so I assume that mean my hardware is not defective. But Win 8 in beginning crashed a lot to...
Solved Random freeze - tried different options in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello! I have a huge problem for a few weeks now. I'm useing an Asus notebook, an X5DIE, and it freezes randomly. I have read the forum, if you found some solution, but is havent found any usable tricks. A have already tried to change the system preformance to maximum in advanced system...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook