Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Sudden Shutdowns Without Warning

  1. #1


    Posts : 11
    Windows 8.1 64-bit

    Sudden Shutdowns Without Warning


    I will be using a browser, or just typing an essay, nothing computer intensive and all of a sudden the computer will black screen and power down, and you can hear the power quickly drain from the computer as everything suddenly stops. I will turn it back and it will seem as if nothing has happened. Attached is the files I got from the SevenForums diagnostic tool.

    Notes:
    -According to Asus Live Update, Windows Update, and Intel Graphics Driver Update, I'm up to date.
    -According to Avast Software Updater, I'm up to date on software (though I know that that only manages some software).
    -Specs (just in case): Amazon.com: ASUS A55A-AH51-RD 15.6-Inch LED Laptop ( Red ): Computers & Accessories
    -I do run computer intensive things on this dinky laptop (battlefield 3, saints row the third, arkham city, a minecraft server + mysql server at times, etc) and it does not crash (besides low on memory warnings).
    -Running Windows 8.1
    -Safeboot off (I was going to install linux mint, but decided to wait until the warranty runs out. Didn't feel like going back to turn safeboot back on, so I have to deal with the stupid watermark).

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 5,139
    Win8.1Pro - Finally!!!


    No memory dumps in the uploaded reports. I have to wonder if this is a hardware issue.
    Please monitor your temps with this free tool: HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
    Please be sure to use the laptop on a hard surface - and don't block the vents on the sides or bottom.
    Blow the vents out with canned air (DO NOT use a vacuum or an air compressor - it may damage the system)
    Also, if possible, try a laptop cooling pad.

    Also, please do the following:
    - open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog))
    - expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
    - right click on Administrative Events
    - select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
    - save the file as Admin.evtx
    - zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
    - upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

    You can also try these free diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 11
    Windows 8.1 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by usasma View Post
    No memory dumps in the uploaded reports. I have to wonder if this is a hardware issue.
    Please monitor your temps with this free tool: HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
    Please be sure to use the laptop on a hard surface - and don't block the vents on the sides or bottom.
    Blow the vents out with canned air (DO NOT use a vacuum or an air compressor - it may damage the system)
    Also, if possible, try a laptop cooling pad.

    Also, please do the following:
    - open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog))
    - expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
    - right click on Administrative Events
    - select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
    - save the file as Admin.evtx
    - zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
    - upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

    You can also try these free diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics
    It makes sense there are no memory dumps, the laptop shut down so fast it wouldn't have had time to do anything.

    I ran HWMonitor, and idled the computer (with just Chrome and HWMonitor open) and looked at the temps.
    Cores: ~60C
    HDD: ~25C
    THRM: ~60C
    This laptop is running with the air temp around 18C on a solid desk, with most of the vents not blocked.

    I tried saving the Administrative Events, but could not, it error'd with "The system cannot find the file specified". When I tried to relaunch Event Viewer, on startup this popped up: "One or more logs in the query have errors: The system cannot find the file specified"

    I should also note that I have tried installing Linux Mint on this computer. Installation finished but when it went to restart, some error in the bootup files or GRUB caused Linux Mint to fail. The Windows bootloader remained intact. I decided it wasn't worth the effort to fix it, and went back to Windows. I marked the Linux Mint partition as unallocated, but never pieced back the partitions. As of now my HDD looks like this:
    -Partition for UEFI
    -Partition for System Reserved
    -Main C:/ Partition
    -Regular 350MB Recovery Partition
    -Other D:/ Data Partition (Laptop arrived partitioned into C:/ and D:/)
    -Unallocated Partition (Where Mint was)
    -4 GB Primary Partition (I think this was the Linux Swap Partition)
    -Random 20 GB Partition (Labeled Recovery Partition, I don't know what this is)

    In installing Linux Mint, it taken space from D:/ and partitioned it, but from what I see no files in D:/ were affected (I still use it and it seems perfectly fine). Additionally, the laptop had also crashed a few times as described in the first post before installing Linux Mint, and crashes did not occur more frequently afterwards.

    Thanks for helping!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 11
    Windows 8.1 64-bit


    Update: my computer had a "proper" BSOD today, where the sad emoticon popped up and the dump file was written. I re ran the sevenforums diagnostic tool and attached are the dump files.

    It occurred while I was playing League of Legends w/ Chrome open, and Windows had already given the "low on memory" error, which I ignored because usually it warns at around 80%. Most of the time if I just close it and ignore nothing happens.

    This time, shortly after I closed the warning, the computer just BSOD's (in game the game appeared to lag spike intensively, then it BSOD'd). I don't know if this is related to the random shutdowns, but this is the first real BSOD I have had with this laptop.

    Information from Event Viewer (again, my event viewer information is only partial, I suspect one of the log files has been corrupted in some way)

    Kernel-Power: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    BugcheckCode 209
    BugcheckParameter1 0x28
    BugcheckParameter2 0x2
    BugcheckParameter3 0x0
    BugcheckParameter4 0xfffff800020e2c47
    SleepInProgress 0
    PowerButtonTimestamp 0
    BootAppStatus 0

    BugCheck: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0x0000000000000028, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff800020e2c47). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 111213-25546-01.
    Last edited by myoblastic; 12 Nov 2013 at 22:41.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 5,139
    Win8.1Pro - Finally!!!


    Error in Event Viewer (DxpTaskRingtone) - how to fix.
    If the error doesn't mention DxpTaskRingtone - then this won't work:
    1. Back up registry (set a System Restore point).
    2. Right click on Start.
    3. Choose 'Run'.
    4. Type "regedit" (without quotation marks)
    5. Choose 'Yes' when you're prompted by UAC.
    6. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WINEVT\Channels\
    7. Right click on folder: Microsoft-Windows-DxpTaskRingtone/Analytic
    8. Choose 'Delete' and then 'Yes'.
    9. Close Registry Editor and restart your computer.
    This is from this topic: Error in Event Viewer (DxpTaskRingtone) after upgrading to - Microsoft Community

    Temps are a bit too hot - but not alarmingly so. I'd suggest using a laptop cooler to keep them down.

    My system regularly runs low on memory (I use an app that has a memory leak) - yet it's not bad enough to generate the "out of memory" error (even though the system becomes unresponsive). I'd suggest checking into that to see if it is really is a problem. The diagnostics that I suggest later on will get you started.

    The lone memory dump blames your Intel graphics driver. It's too soon to tell if this is hardware/software/or an incompatibility.
    1) Visit the Asus website and get all the Windows 8.1 drivers for your system. If there aren't any 8.1 drivers, then you have to wonder about incompatibilities.
    2) Update the graphics drivers to the latest Win8.1 version available (you may want to try the Intel Download Center - but they may not offer laptop drivers).
    3) Run video stress tests (and other hardware tests). Here's a link to the ones that I suggest: Hardware Diagnostics

    Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

    ASMMAP64.sys Thu Jul 2 05:13:26 2009 (4A4C7A36)
    LENOVO ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY (also found in Asus systems)
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASMMAP64.sys

    atkwmiacpi64.sys Tue Sep 6 21:44:52 2011 (4E66CC94)
    ATK WMIACPI Utility
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atkwmiacpi64.sys

    AiCharger.sys Thu Sep 22 22:04:40 2011 (4E7BE938)
    Asus Charger Driver [br] Likely BSOD cause - haven't seen recently (15Jan2013)
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiCharger.sys

    If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings



    Analysis:
    The following is for informational purposes only.
    Code:
    **************************Tue Nov 12 21:56:33.964 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
    Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\111213-25546-01.dmp]
    Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
    Built by: 9600.16404.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.130913-2141
    System Uptime:1 days 4:51:16.717
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
    Probably caused by :igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+62c47 )
    BugCheck D1, {28, 2, 0, fffff800020e2c47}
    BugCheck Info: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
    Arguments: 
    Arg1: 0000000000000028, memory referenced
    Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
    Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
    Arg4: fffff800020e2c47, address which referenced memory
    BUGCHECK_STR:  AV
    DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
    PROCESS_NAME:  dwm.exe
    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_igdkmd64+62c47
    CPUID:        "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz"
    MaxSpeed:     2500
    CurrentSpeed: 2494
      BIOS Version                  K55A.406
      BIOS Release Date             11/08/2012
      Manufacturer                  ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
      Product Name                  K55A
    ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии``
    
    3rd Party Drivers:
    The following is for information purposes only.
    Any drivers in red should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.
    Code:
    **************************Tue Nov 12 21:56:33.964 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
    ASMMAP64.sys                Thu Jul  2 05:13:26 2009 (4A4C7A36)
    atkwmiacpi64.sys            Tue Sep  6 21:44:52 2011 (4E66CC94)
    AiCharger.sys               Thu Sep 22 22:04:40 2011 (4E7BE938)
    GEARAspiWDM.sys             Thu May  3 15:56:17 2012 (4FA2E2E1)
    AsHIDSwitch64.sys           Wed May 30 22:38:32 2012 (4FC6D9A8)
    IntcDAud.sys                Tue Jun 19 10:40:51 2012 (4FE08F73)
    RtsBaStor.sys               Tue Jul  3 01:55:21 2012 (4FF28949)
    dump_iaStorA.sys            Mon Jul  9 16:42:33 2012 (4FFB4239)
    iaStorA.sys                 Mon Jul  9 16:42:33 2012 (4FFB4239)
    RTKVHD64.sys                Tue Jul 17 09:11:37 2012 (50056489)
    kbfiltr.sys                 Wed Aug  1 23:22:22 2012 (5019F26E)
    AsusTP.sys                  Mon Oct 29 14:23:54 2012 (508EC9BA)
    HECIx64.sys                 Mon Dec 17 14:32:21 2012 (50CF7345)
    Rt630x64.sys                Fri May 10 05:59:08 2013 (518CC4EC)
    RzFilter.sys                Tue Jun  4 14:02:35 2013 (51AE2BBB)
    RzDxgk.sys                  Tue Jun  4 14:02:38 2013 (51AE2BBE)
    athwbx.sys                  Mon Jul 15 03:29:50 2013 (51E3A4EE)
    iwdbus.sys                  Wed Jul 24 21:06:12 2013 (51F07A04)
    intelppm.sys                Thu Aug 22 04:46:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
    igdkmd64.sys                Mon Sep 16 20:08:54 2013 (52379D96)
    aswRvrt.sys                 Fri Oct  4 03:48:58 2013 (524E72EA)
    aswVmm.sys                  Fri Oct  4 03:49:05 2013 (524E72F1)
    aswRdr2.sys                 Fri Oct 11 07:11:37 2013 (5257DCE9)
    aswMonFlt.sys               Mon Oct 14 13:00:01 2013 (525C2311)
    aswFsBlk.sys                Mon Oct 14 13:00:06 2013 (525C2316)
    aswSnx.sys                  Mon Oct 14 13:01:10 2013 (525C2356)
    aswSP.sys                   Thu Oct 31 08:57:15 2013 (527253AB)
    
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASMMAP64.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atkwmiacpi64.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiCharger.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=GEARAspiWDM.sys
    AsHIDSwitch64.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=IntcDAud.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RtsBaStor.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_iaStorA.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=kbfiltr.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsusTP.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys
    RzFilter.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
    RzDxgk.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
    athwbx.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iwdbus.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=igdkmd64.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswRvrt.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswVmm.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswRdr2.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswMonFlt.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswFsBlk.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswSnx.sys
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswSP.sys
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 11
    Windows 8.1 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by usasma View Post
    Error in Event Viewer (DxpTaskRingtone) - how to fix.
    If the error doesn't mention DxpTaskRingtone - then this won't work:
    1. Back up registry (set a System Restore point).
    2. Right click on Start.
    3. Choose 'Run'.
    4. Type "regedit" (without quotation marks)
    5. Choose 'Yes' when you're prompted by UAC.
    6. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WINEVT\Channels\
    7. Right click on folder: Microsoft-Windows-DxpTaskRingtone/Analytic
    8. Choose 'Delete' and then 'Yes'.
    9. Close Registry Editor and restart your computer.
    This is from this topic: Error in Event Viewer (DxpTaskRingtone) after upgrading to - Microsoft Community

    Temps are a bit too hot - but not alarmingly so. I'd suggest using a laptop cooler to keep them down.

    My system regularly runs low on memory (I use an app that has a memory leak) - yet it's not bad enough to generate the "out of memory" error (even though the system becomes unresponsive). I'd suggest checking into that to see if it is really is a problem. The diagnostics that I suggest later on will get you started.

    The lone memory dump blames your Intel graphics driver. It's too soon to tell if this is hardware/software/or an incompatibility.
    1) Visit the Asus website and get all the Windows 8.1 drivers for your system. If there aren't any 8.1 drivers, then you have to wonder about incompatibilities.
    2) Update the graphics drivers to the latest Win8.1 version available (you may want to try the Intel Download Center - but they may not offer laptop drivers).
    3) Run video stress tests (and other hardware tests). Here's a link to the ones that I suggest: Hardware Diagnostics

    Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

    ASMMAP64.sys Thu Jul 2 05:13:26 2009 (4A4C7A36)
    LENOVO ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY (also found in Asus systems)
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASMMAP64.sys

    atkwmiacpi64.sys Tue Sep 6 21:44:52 2011 (4E66CC94)
    ATK WMIACPI Utility
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atkwmiacpi64.sys

    AiCharger.sys Thu Sep 22 22:04:40 2011 (4E7BE938)
    Asus Charger Driver [br] Likely BSOD cause - haven't seen recently (15Jan2013)
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiCharger.sys

    If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier
    Settings


    -snip-
    I looked at the temps and it seems that idling the computer is ~40C processor and ~21C HDD, so it does seem more normal.

    I ran FurMark for half an hour while closely monitoring the temps (to make sure nothing overheated). Nothing happened, and the temps of the cores (since the Intel HD 4000 is built in) never went above 70C. I might do other hardware diagnostics later.

    I checked Asus Live Update (tool that came with the laptop), and it reported no updates. I checked Asus's website, and they didn't have anything useful for me. I checked Intel's website, and it reported that the driver was up to date. I am unsure about how to update the other two drivers.

    I did manage to uninstall the Asus Charger Driver. Strangely, after a reboot to remove it, Avast flagged the driver as a possible rootkit infection, and deleted it.

    I did manage to delete that registry file. Unfortunately, I think I also deleted the one below it on accident, as when I tried to go to Event Viewer it reported more errors. Any help on recovering deleted registry keys? I tried using YARU to find the deleted keys, but was unable. I create a system restore point beforehand, is that the only way to restore the registry keys?

    Thanks for your help!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 5,139
    Win8.1Pro - Finally!!!


    Yep, restore the system using System Restore and start over. You'll want to do that ASAP - as it'll undo most changes since you made the restore point - so the longer you wait, the more you'll have to redo.

    Don't worry about the other 2 drivers for now. If they continue to show up in the memory dumps we may have to do something about them later on.

    Since it reported that the driver was up to date, please try this (to help rule out corruption in the existing drivers):
    - download a fresh copy of the latest, Win8.1 compatible video driver (preferably from Intel)
    - uninstall the current video drivers
    - install the freshly downloaded video drivers
    - monitor for further BSOD's

    FYI - there are no Win8.1 video drivers on the Asus website for your model. That may indicate that the system is not compatible w/8.1

    Give these a try. They are most likely the correct drivers (from the Intel site): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...adType=Drivers )
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 11
    Windows 8.1 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by usasma View Post
    Yep, restore the system using System Restore and start over. You'll want to do that ASAP - as it'll undo most changes since you made the restore point - so the longer you wait, the more you'll have to redo.

    Don't worry about the other 2 drivers for now. If they continue to show up in the memory dumps we may have to do something about them later on.

    Since it reported that the driver was up to date, please try this (to help rule out corruption in the existing drivers):
    - download a fresh copy of the latest, Win8.1 compatible video driver (preferably from Intel)
    - uninstall the current video drivers
    - install the freshly downloaded video drivers
    - monitor for further BSOD's

    FYI - there are no Win8.1 video drivers on the Asus website for your model. That may indicate that the system is not compatible w/8.1

    Give these a try. They are most likely the correct drivers (from the Intel site): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...adType=Drivers )
    I did system restore and deleted the correct registry key, and saved the logs successfully. They are attached below.

    I played another game of League of Legends, without any crashes, and along with the fact that FurMark ran for half an hour successfully, I think I'm gonna play it safe and not mess with drivers right now. If another BSOD occurs, I'll come back and install the new drivers. If nothing happens for a week or so, I'll mark this thread as solved.

    Thanks for helping!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Posts : 5,139
    Win8.1Pro - Finally!!!


    "Nothing succeeds like success!" - stay with what you have as long as you're not having problems.

    A quick look at the Admin log shows Bonjour errors and Side by Side errors

    I'd remove all Apple software (and, if you'd like, reinstall the latest, Win8.1 compatile version)

    Then I'd attempt to repair Side by Side (a bit more complicated)
    - How to fix side to side configuration error? - Microsoft Community (although the article states "install" - I'd uninstall and then reinstall.
    - Remove/replace .NET framework
    - Run DISM and SFC.EXE:
    Then please run the following DISM commands to see if there's any problems with the system (from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt). Press Enter after each one:
    Code:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    Code:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    If the problem is fixable, you can use this command to repair it (from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt). Press Enter after typing it:
    Code:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    From this article: Repair a Windows Image

    You can also run sfc.exe /scannow from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt to check for further corruption.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 1
    windows 8

    Hello Usasma :)


    Quote Originally Posted by usasma View Post
    No memory dumps in the uploaded reports. I have to wonder if this is a hardware issue.
    Please monitor your temps with this free tool: HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
    Please be sure to use the laptop on a hard surface - and don't block the vents on the sides or bottom.
    Blow the vents out with canned air (DO NOT use a vacuum or an air compressor - it may damage the system)
    Also, if possible, try a laptop cooling pad.

    Also, please do the following:
    - open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog))
    - expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
    - right click on Administrative Events
    - select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
    - save the file as Admin.evtx
    - zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
    - upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

    You can also try these free diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics

    Hello Usasma , i just bought asus N550 LF 5 days ago , And it just hve the same sudden shut down issue and it's not restart it just shut down !! i made an Event Viewer file to u hoping it may help with this issue , im thinking to replace it , plz reply as soon as possible .

    thank u ,,Attachment 55855Attachment 55855
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Sudden Shutdowns Without Warning
Related Threads
BSOD Event 41 Random Shutdowns. Help please! in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello, I am new to all of this and just had a motherboard replaced. The computer randomly shuts off (mainly when disconnected from the power cable). Please let me know if this is a driver issue, etc. - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> ...
Frequent BSOD's and computer shutdowns in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
I have been getting plagued by these BSOD's, random crashes of applications (mostly games) and sometimes random restarts of my pc without any further errors. These BSOD's seems to happen most often when I am playing a game, the weird thing is, sometimes I can play a game for hours on end (I even...
Unexpected Shutdowns in General Support
I don't know if someone in the house is shutting the computer down, or if it's shutting itself down. But, this makes twice that I have found it shut down after I turn it on. It happened last night, and this morning. The computer seems to be working fine. Help please!!
Main Symptom : The new PC stops responding after several hours (sometimes a few) of intensive work and then it shuts down.Sometimes it produces a blue screen with the "critical process dies" message and sometimes doesn't.The problem was appearing also after fresh install of 2 versions of windows...
spontaneous shutdowns in General Support
About once or twice a month, Win 8.1 will spontaneously shut down and require a cold boot. I've never had this happen in 20 years of using other versions of the Win OS. There doesn't appear to be any obvious cause - it's happened during times of no user input or while typing an email or whatever....
BSOD crash after restart/some shutdowns in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi. I just upgraded a really old Toshiba laptop from Windows Vista Home Basic to Windows 8, and every once in a while, on a shutdown, it just boots up again and gives me a crash error about some minidump, sysdata, and memory.dmp files. For every restart though, it gives me the error. Whenever the...
Sudden shutdowns in Gaming
I have downloaded some games from the store such as suduko, solitaire, mah jong, etc. on my PC. After playing a game for 10 minutes or so, the computer abruptly shuts down. I can play suduko puzzles I have put in Excel 2013 With no problems. It just seems to be the programs I downloaded from the...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook