Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


BSOD l1c63x64.sys on Windows 8.1

  1. #1


    Posts : 4
    windows 8.1 x64

    BSOD l1c63x64.sys on Windows 8.1


    Hello.
    My notebook: Toshiba SATELLITE P875-BNS
    OS: Windows 8.1 x64
    My Network Card: Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)

    I have a
    l1c63x64.sys BSOD for many times after upgrading to 8.1 and try to find something on this forum.Updating drivers from Qualcomm Atheros :: Corporate :: Customer Portal didn't solve my problem.

    Here is my system dump. Can you give me any advice?

    p.s. Sorry for my english.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Hi

    Although the crash dump blames Atheroz LAN driver as the reason behind the crashes, it is actually caused by Agnitium (outpost) firewall drivers.

    Code:
    ffffd000`22a84d88  fffff800`019c8180Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\afwcore.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for afwcore.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for afwcore.sys
    This firewall program is trying to filter every packet send and receive through the Ethernet adapter which eventually leads to the crash.
    Please uninstall Agnitium firewall from Control Panel --> Programs first. Then download and run the official cleaning tool to remove leftovers.

    http://www.agnitum.com/download/supp...ean64_4303.zip

    Windows doesn't need a third party software firewall for security. Windows firewall is more than enough for basic security and it won't crash the system unlike others.

    Why You Don?t Need to Install a Third-Party Firewall (And When You Do)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 4
    windows 8.1 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Anshad Edavana View Post
    Hi

    Although the crash dump blames Atheroz LAN driver as the reason behind the crashes, it is actually caused by Agnitium (outpost) firewall drivers.

    Code:
    ffffd000`22a84d88  fffff800`019c8180Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\afwcore.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for afwcore.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for afwcore.sys
    This firewall program is trying to filter every packet send and receive through the Ethernet adapter which eventually leads to the crash.
    Please uninstall Agnitium firewall from Control Panel --> Programs first. Then download and run the official cleaning tool to remove leftovers.

    http://www.agnitum.com/download/supp...ean64_4303.zip

    Windows doesn't need a third party software firewall for security. Windows firewall is more than enough for basic security and it won't crash the system unlike others.

    Why You Don?t Need to Install a Third-Party Firewall (And When You Do)
    Thank you for the reply.

    I have some gaming and file servers on my computer, and use this firewall to protect from DDOS and other attacks. Is there any programs which didn't crash the system and have same functions?

    Sorry for my english again..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Hi

    If you are concerned about security, it is better to buy a hardware firewall. If properly configured, it will guarantee you strong and solid protection. Almost all the software firewalls like Comodo, Zonealarm etc are known to cause issues with "Windows 8".

    First step you should do is to remove the outpost firewall from your system, clean leftovers as i instructed and check whether the BSOD issue continues. If everything works fine, we can think about an alternative.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 4
    windows 8.1 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Anshad Edavana View Post
    Hi

    If you are concerned about security, it is better to buy a hardware firewall. If properly configured, it will guarantee you strong and solid protection. Almost all the software firewalls like Comodo, Zonealarm etc are known to cause issues with "Windows 8".

    First step you should do is to remove the outpost firewall from your system, clean leftovers as i instructed and check whether the BSOD issue continues. If everything works fine, we can think about an alternative.
    Uninstalling Outpost Firewall really solve my problem. Can you help me find alternative?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Hi

    I highly recommend buying a low cost hardware firewall like this one : Cisco Small Business RV110W-A-NA-K9 Wireless-N VPN Firewall 5000 Simultaneous Sessions NAT: 90 Mbps/VPN: 5 Mbps - Newegg.com

    None of the software firewalls are even came close to a hardware firewall.

    You can give a try to "Zone alarm free firewall".

    Free Firewall Software: Personal Firewall by ZoneAlarm
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 4
    windows 8.1 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Anshad Edavana View Post
    Hi

    I highly recommend buying a low cost hardware firewall like this one : Cisco Small Business RV110W-A-NA-K9 Wireless-N VPN Firewall 5000 Simultaneous Sessions NAT: 90 Mbps/VPN: 5 Mbps - Newegg.com

    None of the software firewalls are even came close to a hardware firewall.

    You can give a try to "Zone alarm free firewall".

    Free Firewall Software: Personal Firewall by ZoneAlarm
    ok. Thank you for the consultation and solving my problem.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

BSOD l1c63x64.sys on Windows 8.1
Related Threads
I have been getting a ton of bsods I have re installed video drivers, updated and reinstalled windows 8. Did countless hardware test(Video ram, check memory, Cpu test) all passed temperatures stay around 25-35 c. Recently uninstalled all video drivers and re installed. The bsods sometimes go away...
Hi For the past month or so i have been randomly been getting this BSOD error and then my computer restarts. At first i ignored it but now its become a bit of nuisance. Specs: Windows 8.1 processor: Interl(R) Core (TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz RAM: 12.0GB System: 64.bit operating system...
I have a clients Laptop (Asus X550C) running Windows 8 and the first error I had was 0xc0000034, having a look around I tried some fixes but none worked, eventually I was left with the following error: 0xc0000001. As of now I am stuck here, I have a backup of the main files the client needs but do...
Hi. having te folloing blue screen error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by L1C63x64.sys my english is not good. so i do my best. please help attached mini dumps Thankz
Recently I have replaced the motherboard on my computer and found that it crashes every 15-20 mins of use The error message that is displayed on the BSOD is System_thread_exception_not_handled (L1C63x64.sys) OR KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(L1C63x64.sys) I've tried doing a quick...
Hi, my problem with my laptop is Windows 8 BlueScreen and also Restart my laptop Without display BlueScreen and sometime this happened for more than 1 time regularly. this problem is happend Sometimes more than twice a day, when i'm doing regular things like reading a .pdf or watching a movie...
Windows 8 x64 Ent | DRIVER IRQL | L1C63x64.sys in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Asus notebook: G75VW Core i7-3630QM 16GB RAM GeForce GTX670 3GB Hello. I have been struggling with my notebook network card for a couple of months now. It gives DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by L1C63x64.sys now and then. - I went all the way from the driver that comes with the...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook