Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


windows 8 bsod ntoskrnl.exe+7a040

  1. #11


    Posts : 7
    Windows 8 x64


    hello milw0rm,

    Seems like it has solved the issue, thanks of the link, http://www2.ati.com/drivers/auto/amd...downloader.exe

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Posts : 7
    Windows 8 x64


    vipers, you may want to go to,
    http://www2.ati.com/drivers/auto/amd...downloader.exe

    download the file, after running the downloader.exe it should download a file named
    "13-1_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql" which is 150mb, install it, driver date should be 12/19/2012 and version 9.12.0.0. I havent get any bsod since I installed it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Posts : 7
    Windows 8 x64


    I just got another bsod... after 4 hours... it happened when I plugged my pc to the power supply... model is acer aspire 722
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Posts : 18
    Windows 8 Pro x64 with WMC


    That download did not work for me, and the from the looks of it, it did not work for you either. It will bother me to no end to worry about when my computer is going to crash when I have to work on a document. So I think I will indeed revert back to Windows 7, perhaps for another 6 months or so, when all these creases have been ironed out. I am getting increasingly frustrated with my situation, which is of no good to anybody.
    If in the meanwhile you guys come up with a permanent solution, I will be frequently visiting this thread and this forum. So far, thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyrv View Post
    vipers, you may want to go to,
    http://www2.ati.com/drivers/auto/amd...downloader.exe

    download the file, after running the downloader.exe it should download a file named
    "13-1_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql" which is 150mb, install it, driver date should be 12/19/2012 and version 9.12.0.0. I havent get any bsod since I installed it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Redmond
    Posts : 651
    Windows 8.1 x64


    If you've got a system with a BIOS that old, sticking with Windows 7 might be a better bet until you can get Windows 8-certified hardware. Driver nightmares aren't Windows' fault (especially AMD drivers), but it doesn't make the experience any better. Good luck .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Posts : 18
    Windows 8 Pro x64 with WMC


    Quote Originally Posted by cluberti View Post
    If you've got a system with a BIOS that old, sticking with Windows 7 might be a better bet until you can get Windows 8-certified hardware. Driver nightmares aren't Windows' fault (especially AMD drivers), but it doesn't make the experience any better. Good luck .
    I updated the BIOS to v1.11 from Acer's site which was released on 13th Nov 2012, which in BIOS terms is pretty recent. Also previews of Windows 8 were already out by then, and I am pretty sure RTM was also out by then. Anyway, if this BIOS is also not compatible with windows 8, then why did it work flawlessly for 2-3 weeks before crashing so many times?

    shouldnt the problems have been more apparent during the first few days themselves?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Posts : 7
    Windows 8 x64


    I have enabled "Driver Verifier" by following these instructions, Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable - Windows 7 Support Forums

    after doing this the bsod error message has changed, I did upload the minidump file to Instant Online Crash Analysis and now the issue points to a Microsoft driver called vwifibus.sys which is located in C:\Windows\system32\drivers\vwifibus.sys

    Any ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cluberti View Post
    If you've got a system with a BIOS that old, sticking with Windows 7 might be a better bet until you can get Windows 8-certified hardware. Driver nightmares aren't Windows' fault (especially AMD drivers), but it doesn't make the experience any better. Good luck .
    I updated the BIOS to v1.11 from Acer's site which was released on 13th Nov 2012, which in BIOS terms is pretty recent. Also previews of Windows 8 were already out by then, and I am pretty sure RTM was also out by then. Anyway, if this BIOS is also not compatible with windows 8, then why did it work flawlessly for 2-3 weeks before crashing so many times?

    shouldnt the problems have been more apparent during the first few days themselves?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Posts : 18
    Windows 8 Pro x64 with WMC


    this poster here Random Windows 8 BSODs Started Today claims that:
    Quote Originally Posted by KostNalu View Post
    I have the exact BSOD on my Acer 722 (Windows 8 Pro). It started on february 15th. I think that one of last updates caused this problem, so I reinstalled system and I'm working now without any update installed.
    i think this might have been the case with me too, which explains why my computer worked for weeks without any problems whatsoever.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Redmond
    Posts : 651
    Windows 8.1 x64


    If that's the case, figuring out which update(s) cause the issue would be helpful. If we knew which update triggered the problem, we could get some idea as to which file or files were involved.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    Posts : 18
    Windows 8 Pro x64 with WMC


    Quote Originally Posted by cluberti View Post
    If that's the case, figuring out which update(s) cause the issue would be helpful. If we knew which update triggered the problem, we could get some idea as to which file or files were involved.
    That would indeed be helpful. except i have no idea how to go about figuring out which updates caused the trouble. in any case, i hope we can get to the bottom of this.
    thanks again.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
windows 8 bsod ntoskrnl.exe+7a040
Related Threads
BSOD Windows 8 ntoskrnl.exe in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi I've been having BSODs for about a month now. Typical ntoskrnl.exe, I've memtested, HDD tested, driver verified, scanned for viruses and malware, updated all my windows updates, ran furmark, ran several sfc /scannows, and I've gotten no leads. BUT just today I got this little error on the bottom...
Been getting a lot of BSOD messages recently on my very new Windows 8.1 machine (both hardware and software), a lot of them are not creating dumps. Mainly related to ntoskrnl.exe but a number of crashes related to possible driver issues. Have run/tried the following: Malwarebytes - Not a...
my laptop, an asus s46cb have experiment random bsdo, memtest says ram is ok, ssd ok and harddisk ok, so i supposed is something with drivers, i have already done a restore to windows 8, then update to windows 8 pro and after that with media center, then update to windows 8.1 pro with media center....
I built a computer about a year ago and its run fine until about a month ago when my displays started shutting off and not coming back on. The only way I could get my displays to come back on would be to disconnect both monitors and only plug in the monitor that connects with DVI. Connecting the...
Solved BSOD halmacpi.dll and ntoskrnl.exe WINDOWS 8 in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello, in 2014 i had 7 BSOD's all happened when i was browsing the web. I did looked in google about halmacpi.dll and ntoskrnl.exe and did as some people suggested. I've run my antivirus and checked HDD, both programs passed the test. Strange is that blue screen in header have big smiley face...
Windows 8 ntoskrnl.exe BSoD in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello, my machine is bluescreening about every 15 - 20 minutes. I am pretty certain its a driver issue as I have been running in safe mode for a couple of days now but I have no idea how to interpret the crashdumps. Whocrash keeps mentioning ntoskrnl.exe. Anyway I have posted the PCHF tool...
Windows 8 BSOD - Ntoskrnl.exe? in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
I recently installed Windows 8 RTM and am having tons of BSOD's. The machine is still mostly usable, though, as the errors seem to be occurring randomly. Generally, it boots fine, and plays games/other strenuous things fine. Usually the BSOD's occur when idle or when browsing in Chrome. Before I...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook