Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

Windows 8 pro RED SCREEN

  1. #11


    Posts : 6
    Windows 8


    I'm having the same problem did anyone find a fix?


    I'm running
    3570k (no overclock)
    Asus p8z77-i delux
    MSI 6950 2gb
    16gb ram (2x8gb)

    I get red screen after any were from 1 min to 1 hr of play.

    here are some of the DMP files if it helps

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Posts : 108
    Windows 8 Pro 64bit


    @Jim888

    The minidump you supplied is pointing to a DirectX driver so re-install that:

    Download DirectX End-User Runtime from Official Microsoft Download Center

    I would also un-install and then re-install your graphics card driver:

    ATI: AMD Driver Autodetect
    Nvidia: Drivers | GeForce

    I've also found some other drivers that you should update or un-install/remove:

    AsUpIO.sys - ASUS hardware monitoring software related: Driver Reference Table - AsUpIO.sys
    ASUSFILTER.sys - ASUS USB Hub filter driver: Driver Reference Table - ASUSFILTER.sys
    ICCWDT.sys - Intel(R) Watchdog Timer Driver: Driver Reference Table - ICCWDT.sys
    LGBusEnum.sys - Logitech Keyboard: Driver Reference Table - LGBusEnum.sys
    LGVirHid.sys - Logitech Gamepanel Virtual HID Device Driver: Driver Reference Table - LGVirHid.sys

    -cheers
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Posts : 6
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by milw0rm View Post
    @Jim888

    The minidump you supplied is pointing to a DirectX driver so re-install that:

    Download DirectX End-User Runtime from Official Microsoft Download Center

    I would also un-install and then re-install your graphics card driver:

    ATI: AMD Driver Autodetect
    Nvidia: Drivers | GeForce

    I've also found some other drivers that you should update or un-install/remove:

    AsUpIO.sys - ASUS hardware monitoring software related: Driver Reference Table - AsUpIO.sys
    ASUSFILTER.sys - ASUS USB Hub filter driver: Driver Reference Table - ASUSFILTER.sys
    ICCWDT.sys - Intel(R) Watchdog Timer Driver: Driver Reference Table - ICCWDT.sys
    LGBusEnum.sys - Logitech Keyboard: Driver Reference Table - LGBusEnum.sys
    LGVirHid.sys - Logitech Gamepanel Virtual HID Device Driver: Driver Reference Table - LGVirHid.sys

    -cheers
    Awesome! thanks for the help! I'll update and get back with you

    Edit I tried to install directx from the link and this is what I get:
    Last edited by Jim888; 29 Dec 2012 at 17:25.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Posts : 6
    Windows 8


    any Ideas?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Posts : 108
    Windows 8 Pro 64bit


    @Jim888

    It looks like you already have the latest version of DirectX installed. I would therefore continue with the rest of my instruction. At least two of those drivers (AsUpIO.sys & ASUSFILTER.sys) are related to your ASUS software and motherboard/chipset. So you might consider going to the official ASUS site and installing the updated drivers for your chipset and other software(s):

    ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE

    -cheers
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Posts : 6
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by milw0rm View Post
    @Jim888

    It looks like you already have the latest version of DirectX installed. I would therefore continue with the rest of my instruction. At least two of those drivers (AsUpIO.sys & ASUSFILTER.sys) are related to your ASUS software and motherboard/chipset. So you might consider going to the official ASUS site and installing the updated drivers for your chipset and other software(s):

    ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE

    -cheers
    sorry if I'm being a pain but I've gone up and down everything on that list and I cannot find either of those two specific drivers, any help?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Posts : 3
    Windows 8


    i actually have the exact same problem -_-
    my pc:
    win 8 64 bit pro
    i7 3770k
    16gb ram
    gigabyte z77x d3h
    1tb samsung hdd
    and the xfx 6950 2gb gpu
    if i start the best game ever (battlefield bad company 2 =) with my new os (win8) i can play around 1h and than i recieve an untitled RED SCREEN with now text or anything else , and than my pc restarts ?! +
    i try now with the compatibility mode thing hopefull its going to work :/
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Posts : 6
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by fuuuWIN8 View Post
    i actually have the exact same problem -_-
    my pc:
    win 8 64 bit pro
    i7 3770k
    16gb ram
    gigabyte z77x d3h
    1tb samsung hdd
    and the xfx 6950 2gb gpu
    if i start the best game ever (battlefield bad company 2 =) with my new os (win8) i can play around 1h and than i recieve an untitled RED SCREEN with now text or anything else , and than my pc restarts ?! +
    i try now with the compatibility mode thing hopefull its going to work :/
    I updated my drivers from AMD to 12.11 beta and Updated my drivers from my GPUs company (MSI) and I was able to play for about 2 hrs last night with no problems...still cant find those other drivers on the Asus page
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Posts : 3
    Windows 8


    hmm sounds good probably i need to update my drivers ^^
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    Posts : 108
    Windows 8 Pro 64bit


    @Jim888

    Are you still getting BSOD's now?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Windows 8 pro RED SCREEN
Related Threads
I've having an issue that I think some ppl had, windows 8 crashing going to blue screen of death or blank black screen and then it restarts by itself, also I have noticed that it says repairing disk in D:/ I have one SSD 120gb in the C:/ which it host the operating system and some minnor...
My PC was working fine before today, until I used Ultra UXtheme patcher for Win8 x64 and then applied a custom VS for Win8. After a restart, Windows Explorer was not launching, so I opened task manager and did a sfc /scannow. After a reboot, I get to the Windows 8 boot menu (I have a dual-boot on...
Hi was wondering if others experience this. Trying to figure out the cause and if there is a fix. When I turn on or restart my computer after the teal windows logo with the spinning wheel the screen will flash off quickly then come back on black and then 10 seconds later show the lock screen. ...
Hi everybody. I'm kinda desperate with that problem, i hope you can help me. I installed Win8 Pro, everything fine, i installed some programs and the latest drivers from Nvidia, i ran windows update so i rebooted, bios screen was right and then it appeared the win8 screen with the window and...
I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 Pro. Everytime or almost everytime I click on an app or go to the desktop and try to get on IE 10 (desktop version), my screen flashes and goes black for a few seconds then returns me to the screen with the space needle, then I click on it and it signs me...
Windows 8 black screen after log on screen in Performance & Maintenance
after starting my comp. when it reaches the log on screen..... it shows my account is signing in and after that black screen with a cursor appears.... nothing else.... i have to sign out and then sign it again to get my screen visible and usable.... (or even restart again) please help me...
I get a blue screen error of "driverirql_not_less_equal" when my laptop monitor dims. Specs: OS: Windows 8 Professional (64 bit) Intel i7 2640M 8 Gb Ram 1T HD The attached screen capture is the location of my error.
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook