Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Toolbar links are dying

  1. #1

    Toolbar links are dying


    ON my IE I have all the shortcuts for sites I use most. One by one they are not working. It's a pain because now I have to find the site again and redo it. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Canada
    Posts : 1,950
    windows 8.1 Update 1 Pro 64bit


    Try resetting IE in internet options, Advanced tab or right click the toolbar and restore.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Quote Originally Posted by Nuccii View Post
    Try resetting IE in internet options, Advanced tab or right click the toolbar and restore.
    OK it's back but floats out of site upwards. I can hit the top of my screen and it pops down but why can't I have it in place like it's always been.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Canada
    Posts : 1,950
    windows 8.1 Update 1 Pro 64bit


    Desktop version or metro version, presume you are talking about the menu bar
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Quote Originally Posted by Nuccii View Post
    Desktop version or metro version, presume you are talking about the menu bar
    No the favorites tool bar.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Canada
    Posts : 1,950
    windows 8.1 Update 1 Pro 64bit


    So it's the favorites that you are having trouble with.

    Strange one. Right click an empty area of the menu bar on top in IE and the Lock the Toolbars should have a check to the left of it, if not, click it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Quote Originally Posted by Nuccii View Post
    So it's the favorites that you are having trouble with.

    Strange one. Right click an empty area of the menu bar on top in IE and the Lock the Toolbars should have a check to the left of it, if not, click it.
    I did that. Didn't work.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 20
    windows 8.1


    i have lost the metro version of IE. all of my pinned sites automatically take me to the desktop version of IE...what have I done?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Canada
    Posts : 1,950
    windows 8.1 Update 1 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by stupops View Post
    i have lost the metro version of IE. all of my pinned sites automatically take me to the desktop version of IE...what have I done?
    Please start your own thread so as to not confuse the issues of this thread.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Canada
    Posts : 1,950
    windows 8.1 Update 1 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by Barbee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuccii View Post
    So it's the favorites that you are having trouble with.

    Strange one. Right click an empty area of the menu bar on top in IE and the Lock the Toolbars should have a check to the left of it, if not, click it.
    I did that. Didn't work.
    Are all your favorites still in the C:/users folder?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Toolbar links are dying
Related Threads
Solved PSU dying? (Video) in Drivers & Hardware
Hello, I believe my PSU is dying, it's almost 5 years old, I've been using it since December 2008, average 8h per day, no CPU OC. Please watch video, loud buzzing noises initially sounded like coming from MoBo, but I've removed PSU from case so I could listen in detail and it's definitely coming...
High Disk Active Time - Is My SSD Dying? in Performance & Maintenance
This just started happening recently and I don't know why. Performance monitor doesn't show anything irregular, neither does process monitor. I've run an sfc scan and chkdsk too as well as updating everything and seeing if disabling av software helped but nothing has. 45826
Are your CDs dying? in Chillout Room
Are your CDs dying? | ZDNet
Read more at: The PC may be dying, but tablet growth is slowing as consumer saturation sets in | ZDNet
HI there No wonder PC sales are dying currently -- nothing to do with Windows 8 or the OS -- it's just the HARDWARE being put in these just seems to be going backwards. I've been looking at some "Convertibles" -- guess what -- the reasonably portable versions (anything bigger than 14 inch...
Solved Help... dying over here in General Support
Hi All, I just purchased a new laptop 2 days ago with Win8, and have had some issues that may or may not be operating system related. While it's a bit of an undertaking to get used to the new start menu, I haven't been very successful at completing the simplest of tasks... such as importing...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook