Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Youtube in IE10 Metro?

  1. #1

    Youtube in IE10 Metro?


    Is there some way to get this working? I have it set to HTML5, but it says it does not recognise any video formats.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Toronto, Canada. Born in the U.K.
    Posts : 691
    Win 10 Pro + Win 7 Ult SP1 (x64)


    Tried installing Adobe Flash/Shockwave Players too?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Quote Originally Posted by revocomputers View Post
    Is there some way to get this working? I have it set to HTML5, but it says it does not recognise any video formats.
    IE10 only supports only a handful of HTML5 videos in youtube.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post
    Tried installing Adobe Flash/Shockwave Players too?
    The IE10 metro version is Plug-in free. so you cant install plugins like Flash Player/ Shockwave player.

    Echoing Apple, Microsoft bans Flash from Metro IE10 in Windows 8 - Computerworld
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    here is proof that IE10 can run youtube videos using HTML5:

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Toronto, Canada. Born in the U.K.
    Posts : 691
    Win 10 Pro + Win 7 Ult SP1 (x64)


    Quote Originally Posted by abhijitrucks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by revocomputers View Post
    Is there some way to get this working? I have it set to HTML5, but it says it does not recognise any video formats.
    IE10 only supports only a handful of HTML5 videos in youtube.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post
    Tried installing Adobe Flash/Shockwave Players too?
    The IE10 metro version is Plug-in free. so you cant install plugins like Flash Player/ Shockwave player.

    Echoing Apple, Microsoft bans Flash from Metro IE10 in Windows 8 - Computerworld
    Plug-in free eh? For some reason the board wont upload a picture so will add it on as an attachment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post
    Plug-in free eh? For some reason the board wont upload a picture so will add it on as an attachment.
    I mean the METRO VERSION is plugin-free NOT the desktop version.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Quote Originally Posted by abhijitrucks View Post
    here is proof that IE10 can run youtube videos using HTML5:

    Click image for larger version
    It's working now, not sure what I did tho
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Toronto, Canada. Born in the U.K.
    Posts : 691
    Win 10 Pro + Win 7 Ult SP1 (x64)


    Ah I see what you mean. Until everyone adopts HTML5 Flash will still be needed where applicable.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Youtube in IE10 Metro?
Related Threads
Metro IE youtube no sound in Sound & Audio
Hello, When I play a video in metro ie no sound could be heard but yesterday there was (hibernation) The beggining of the problem was that I had one video opened with sound then paused it opened in new tab second video with no sound while in the first there still was So far i restarted the...
IE Metro tile is missing from my metro start screen. It's not in the 'all apps' list either. when I go to program default, it is set as the default browser. I went through all the checks in the tutorial on here, but at best, I can only get the desktop IE tile to pin to start. I would rather have...
On my Dell Latitude 10, when viewing HTML5 YouTube videos in full screen on IE10 in Modern mode, I can't bring up the playback or screen size controls. Tapping the screen shows the title of the video and the share and info icons, but nothing else. I can pinch to zoom the video, and can drag it...
Is there something I have to do to enable it or is it something that doesn't work yet? If I hit to view on desktop they appear fine on IE10, but not inside metro.
Since this is a mobile os... how can you upload a video from the metro interface to youtube? Just like you would with an iphone with simple taps? Thanks
IE10 - Metro in Browsers & Mail
Recently, I have a problem with IE10 (Metro). I have one webpage(Page A) with Java script that produce another webpage(Page B) and broadcast some content to user. In IE10 (Desktop), it works well. But in IE10(Metro), I found that Page A will be block and Page B didn't show anything. But,...
Hi, Sorry if this has already been asked - I'm trying to catch up with developments and it seems easier asking rather than blundering my way between Metro and Normal mode. For regular browsing I'm using IE10 from the normal Windows desktop. I find that if a program opens IE10, it opens the...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook