Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Restoring chrome extensions

  1. #1


    Posts : 82
    Windows 8.1

    Restoring chrome extensions


    I am having trouble with my currently installed chrome browser and so want to uninstall it. Please guide me a proper way to fully restore my currently installed extensions when I re-install chrome.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Hi,
    Could you tel me what antivirus you have
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 82
    Windows 8.1


    McAfee
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Quote Originally Posted by gabe55 View Post
    McAfee
    Ummm.....ok is there any browser clean up option there?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 82
    Windows 8.1


    Hey, thanks for the reply but I have successfully restored my extensions. I had kept my extensions synced with a google account which helped me with it. By the way my chrome is still acting weird.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Harrisonburg, Va.
    Posts : 10,488
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center


    I quit using Chrome because of the problems with it.

    I now use Opera.
    Much better browser than Chrome, IMHO.

    Opera browser - The alternative web browser - Download free
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 1,875
    Windows 10 Pro Prieview x64


    Quote Originally Posted by gabe55 View Post
    Hey, thanks for the reply but I have successfully restored my extensions. I had kept my extensions synced with a google account which helped me with it. By the way my chrome is still acting weird.
    What do you mean weird? What is the problem?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 82
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    I quit using Chrome because of the problems with it.

    I now use Opera.
    Much better browser than Chrome, IMHO.

    Opera browser - The alternative web browser - Download free
    Actually it is working fine , just when i restore it from the taskbar sometimes I see dark patches or patches of the desktop on top of the window. I'm sure now that it is caused by one of my chrome extension.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Posts : 82
    Windows 8.1


    screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (10).png  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 82
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by adamf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe55 View Post
    Hey, thanks for the reply but I have successfully restored my extensions. I had kept my extensions synced with a google account which helped me with it. By the way my chrome is still acting weird.
    What do you mean weird? What is the problem?
    Oh no! I tried disabling all the extensions but the problem still persists. Can u help?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Restoring chrome extensions
Related Threads
Chrome Extensions in Browsers & Mail
Saw this article today. Anyone have comments, pro or con ? ClicknClean Ghostery Privacy Badger Project Naptha Disconnect Search Page Monitor MultiAccount Launcher Text Mode
Displaying folder extensions? in General Support
I'm not entirely sure where to put this because it's not really related to any problems that I'm having or any broken apps, but more just a usability issue with Explorer itself. Does anyone know how to have folder extensions displayed? I find it a little ridiculous that the upgrade creates a...
Source: Chromium Blog: Protecting Windows users from malicious extensions
Read more at: Malicious Chrome extensions on the rise | ZDNet
so...I've been reading on various sites that alot of extensions will probably refuse to install to google chrome on windows 8.. can anyone tell me if session manager are compatible?
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook