Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8.1 not loading (some random) websites correctly

  1. #1


    Posts : 3
    Windows 8.1

    Windows 8.1 not loading (some random) websites correctly


    Hello!

    I updated my win 8 + media center to the 8.1 few days ago and I've been having huge problems with loading websites.


    Around 80% of the time everything works correctly but then sometimes it doesn't load anyting (can't find website) or loads stripped version of a page (as seen in the screenshot below). When I hit refresh, it loads it correctly.


    It is happening on IE11, Chrome 30, Firefox and Opera browsers. I've reinstalled ethernet adapter drivers and tried to reset/refresh/release all ips and dns servers from elevated command prompt.


    Please help because I am loosing my mind....I don't want to go down the reinstall path.


    And one final notice - it is happening on both my desktop PC and laptop.


    Thanks


    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=DD789FCD795550CD!926&authkey=!AIRmE7OXu_iDjkA&v=3 (stripped down version of a site)


    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...0-3zKDuxJY&v=3 (normal version of a site)


    edit: I have Gigabyte P35-DS3L mbo with Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Quote Originally Posted by penzo View Post
    Hello!

    I updated my win 8 + media center to the 8.1 few days ago and I've been having huge problems with loading websites.


    Around 80% of the time everything works correctly but then sometimes it doesn't load anyting (can't find website) or loads stripped version of a page (as seen in the screenshot below). When I hit refresh, it loads it correctly.


    It is happening on IE11, Chrome 30, Firefox and Opera browsers. I've reinstalled ethernet adapter drivers and tried to reset/refresh/release all ips and dns servers from elevated command prompt.


    Please help because I am loosing my mind....I don't want to go down the reinstall path.


    And one final notice - it is happening on both my desktop PC and laptop.


    Thanks


    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=DD789FCD795550CD!926&authkey=!AIRmE7OXu_iDjkA&v=3 (stripped down version of a site)


    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...0-3zKDuxJY&v=3 (normal version of a site)


    edit: I have Gigabyte P35-DS3L mbo with Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

    If this problem is occurring on all Windows 8.1 machines then it's likely that your router may require a firmware update to work with Windows 8.1.

    It might also be that you need to use compatibility view in the browsers settings to see certain websites correctly.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 3
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by penzo View Post
    Hello!

    I updated my win 8 + media center to the 8.1 few days ago and I've been having huge problems with loading websites.


    Around 80% of the time everything works correctly but then sometimes it doesn't load anyting (can't find website) or loads stripped version of a page (as seen in the screenshot below). When I hit refresh, it loads it correctly.


    It is happening on IE11, Chrome 30, Firefox and Opera browsers. I've reinstalled ethernet adapter drivers and tried to reset/refresh/release all ips and dns servers from elevated command prompt.


    Please help because I am loosing my mind....I don't want to go down the reinstall path.


    And one final notice - it is happening on both my desktop PC and laptop.


    Thanks


    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=DD789FCD795550CD!926&authkey=!AIRmE7OXu_iDjkA&v=3 (stripped down version of a site)


    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...0-3zKDuxJY&v=3 (normal version of a site)


    edit: I have Gigabyte P35-DS3L mbo with Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

    If this problem is occurring on all Windows 8.1 machines then it's likely that your router may require a firmware update to work with Windows 8.1.

    It might also be that you need to use compatibility view in the browsers settings to see certain websites correctly.
    Does Chrome even have compatibility view?

    I tried searching for an updated firmware for my Enkom A1521-I router which I received from my ISP but came up empty. This is the router in question - IAD : Eltek A1521-D1

    Company has changed it's name recently.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 6
    Windows


    Ey i had the same problem and i just disabled my anti virus online protection now everything works looooooooooool try that
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 467
    Windows 8 Pro


    Same , disabled my AV and I can access the 1 web page I was unable to.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 3
    Windows 8.1


    I had Avast free edition on my Win8 and during the upgrade to 8.1 it was uninstalled. Windows decided to turn on Win Defender which I turned off and it is still happening.

    Is there anything else I could do to turn it off?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    I have the same problem ie 10 was very fast with my 100mb internet but now since 8.1 now and again the page dont load and I get a white screen or it just hang and very slow
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 2
    win 8.1 64 - bit


    Quote Originally Posted by penzo View Post
    I had Avast free edition on my Win8 and during the upgrade to 8.1 it was uninstalled. Windows decided to turn on Win Defender which I turned off and it is still happening.

    Is there anything else I could do to turn it off?

    I have a similar puzzling problem.
    Win 8.1 removed my previous version of Avast so I installed the latest free version.
    Internet seems to work OK but I can no longer access my router home page on 192.168.0.1.
    I've tried this with Chrome, IE11, Firefox & Safari.
    Sometimes I get the sign in window and then part of the page, sometimes, nothing.
    If I turn off the Avast shields, it works with Firefox, but not the other browsers.
    I've turned off Windows firewalls & Defender and enabled that address, but still not working.

    Avast tech support suggested deleting Avast completely from Safe-Mode and reinstalling.
    This made no difference.

    I can access the router page from my Android phone and Linux Netbook with no problems.
    I've run out of ideas.
    Anyone??
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Posts : 1
    Windows 8.1


    I am having the EXACT same problem with both a laptop and desktop. These problems didn't arise until the Windows 8.1 upgrade. My Windows 7 desktop and all of my tablets and phones are able to access websites when my 8.1 machines cannot. This is extremely frustrating. I have disabled/enabled everything I can think of. I am looking forward to hearing some good suggestions, or better yet a fix from Microsoft.

    BP
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 2
    win 8.1 64 - bit

    Latest .....


    Quote Originally Posted by phillipsbw View Post
    I am having the EXACT same problem with both a laptop and desktop. These problems didn't arise until the Windows 8.1 upgrade. My Windows 7 desktop and all of my tablets and phones are able to access websites when my 8.1 machines cannot. This is extremely frustrating. I have disabled/enabled everything I can think of. I am looking forward to hearing some good suggestions, or better yet a fix from Microsoft.

    BP
    Phew, I'm glad it wasn't just me.

    An update is that Avast Tech Support suggested this:-

    1) Go to "Settings" in Avast.
    2) Go to "Troubleshooting"
    3) Expand "Redirect Settings"
    4) Under "WEB" look for ignored address
    5) Add localhost
    6) Open browser and visit your localhost page.

    Firefox could then access the router with Avast running.
    However, it did nothing to help with IE11 or Chrome.


    A further update is that I've just changed my router to a Sky Hub and all browsers now work with Avast running.

    Perhaps it was an incompatibility between Win 8.1/Avast and the old router.
    A bit of a radical solution, but the new router seems better overall

    Hope you have similar success.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Windows 8.1 not loading (some random) websites correctly
Related Threads
When I surf using IE 11 under windows8, I routinely run into problems where sites are not displayed correctly. See attached, a yahoo page. Items overlap, or just flat out never show (blank areas).. I've checked compatibility settings.. Is there anything else I can do to show these pages...
This is any browser; Opera , IE, Chrome....all updated, Adobe Reader updated today, Chrome updated to 36 today... PDFs that are supposed to be emailed, via a button on a webpage, come to me unopenable, and if downloaded, are unable to be loaded due to some format issue. I tested the same...
Weird issue, I've tried to research it and found nothing so here goes. The internet is fine I play games on it and everything, but I cannot load web pages correctly. *windows 8 btw* A youtube video will open up then play for about 5 seconds then stop completely. Some pages get SSL errors, then when...
Hi all I am new here, hoping you guys can help My internet has been playing up recently, Some websites don't load or some load without all content, such as a cached version of the site. So ive researched around and read many people have had similar problems and ive tried the following to...
Not loading certain websites in Browsers & Mail
Ok, just got a new laptop at work. It is a Toshiba Satellite running windows 8. When the computer is connected to my workplaces wifi it loads some websites fine, like google.com. But there are others that don't load, such as facebook.com or ab.com. This is the same issue whether I'm on Internet...
Hey, Just got a new laptop in the past few days - HP Pavilion g6-2213sa. For some reason there's one website in particular that won't load for me - a webmail login service. It won't load on any browser (Chrome, Firefox, IExplorer), but it does work on my phone which is connected to the same...
Since updating to Windows 8 I havent been able to connect to my local web services on my main pc eg Sickbeard,SANZB and Plex but my Samsung Tv does connect through DLNA no problems. I have a surface and would like to be able to add shows and check downloads etc. Tried disabling firewall and...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook