Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8 Mail - adding image to signature

  1. #1

    Windows 8 Mail - adding image to signature


    Hello, I am a new Windows 8 user and absolutely loving it.

    However, I have previously been using an image as an auto signature on my business email and I would REALLY like to still be able to use that with Windows 8 Mail.

    PLEASE tell me someone has found a way to make this possible.

    Thankyou in advance!!

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2

    In addition...


    Is there any way to do things like "forward" a message from the inbox?

    Set spam rules?

    Rename/add folders?

    I'm starting to wonder whether the program does anything at all except send and receive....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Quote Originally Posted by susangard View Post
    Is there any way to do things like "forward" a message from the inbox?

    Set spam rules?

    Rename/add folders?

    I'm starting to wonder whether the program does anything at all except send and receive....
    I am not sure I am following your question, but yes, you can forward mails from the inbox (though I am not sure you can do that for a bunch of mails at the same time - never tried it). To forward mails, click on the Send button - you will get three options - reply, reply all and forward. Pick the one that you need to.

    With the recent update of the mail app (today's update), you can also add/ rename folders. Rightclick anywhere in the Mail app. at the bottom you will get a number of actions. One of them is to add folders and/ or sub folders. Not sure about renaming folders though. Additionally, you also can - after this most recent update - flag mails, designate mails as junk, "select all", print etc.

    Edit: The above said, I wish the updates included dragging and dropping mails and a few other functionalities. Also, while you can create folders and sub-folders, I am not sure I know how to delete folders. It could be the case that one can move folders and sub-folders into Trash. That seems to work for mails.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    I have no use for the "apps" so I am not certain , but I think you will need a proper email client for more advanced tasks.

    In other words, a desktop email client.


    Quote Originally Posted by susangard View Post
    Hello, I am a new Windows 8 user and absolutely loving it.

    However, I have previously been using an image as an auto signature on my business email and I would REALLY like to still be able to use that with Windows 8 Mail.

    PLEASE tell me someone has found a way to make this possible.

    Thankyou in advance!!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    On adding images to signatures, here is what MS has to say about it:


    1.
    On Start, tap or click Mail.

    2. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings. (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Settings.)

    3. Tap or click Accounts.

    4. Tap or click the account you want to change the signature for.

    5. Decide how you want to change your signature:
    • Set Use a signature to either On or Off.

    • If you’re using a signature, change the text.

    At this time, there aren’t any options to add images or change font settings (like color or type) in your signature.
    Source: Mail app for Windows: FAQs - Microsoft Windows Help
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    I have no use for the "apps" so I am not certain , but I think you will need a proper email client for more advanced tasks.

    In other words, a desktop email client.


    Quote Originally Posted by susangard View Post
    Hello, I am a new Windows 8 user and absolutely loving it.

    However, I have previously been using an image as an auto signature on my business email and I would REALLY like to still be able to use that with Windows 8 Mail.

    PLEASE tell me someone has found a way to make this possible.

    Thankyou in advance!!
    Yeah...I'll second that. If you have Outlook or Thunderbird etc. then things are pretty much straight forward. Not so, if you want to use the Mail app in Win 8.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Windows 8 Mail - adding image to signature
Related Threads
Windows 8.1 mail signature in Browsers & Mail
Hi people. I have windows 8.1 and using mail program. When I config my signature in email, after a few days my signature back to original. Someone know why can I solved this problem? Thanks
All instructions for adding an e-mail account to the mail app, say to go to Settings and click on accounts. When I click on Settings all I get is Change PC Settings, and there is no account option there.
Hi all, I have just upgraded to Windows 8 on a new HP desktop and still trying to find my way around it but I have managed to get to the point of finding where to include a signature in my emails but pretty disappointed that I cannot add my company logo or change the font style or size....I am...
Windows Mail Default Signature in Browsers & Mail
Hi everyone, I am trying to disable the 'sent from windows mail' signature on my emails. From my gmail account I have done this flawlessly through the account settings, toggling signature to off. However, for my other account, the option to remove the signature has been disabled. I believe it is...
I am trying to add several email accounts to 'Mail' in Windows 8. So far I have successfully added Hotmail, and BT mail. I am now trying to add my 2 Virginmedia NTL accounts using the imap settings shown on the Virginmedia support site but neither of them install correctly...though they do...
How to Turn On or Off and Change Signature in Mail App in Windows 8 and 8.1 The Mail app included in Windows 8 automatically adds the signature "Sent from Windows Mail" to the bottom of all of your new email messages. This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off and change your signature...
I was setting up the mail app that came with Windows 8, adding the e-mail addresses I wanted the app to access. After adding my Yahoo Mail address, the app went straight to my Yahoo Mail, and gave me a fleeting message, stating something like: If you wish to add other email addresses to Mail,...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook